Team Transition

Mano
109 posts Member
Hello,
m running a Phoenix Squad in arena(Level 76).Take top 10 PO most days.
Managed to unlock Thrawn at 7 stars.Ezra and hera are at G9 rest are at G8.

Which team should i start focussing on?.I have zero intention to gear up the phoenix any further barring Ezra.and i dont want to drop in arena all of a sudden with undergeared phoenix toons.

Currently gearing up my pilots/Ezra/Thrawn.Should i try to unlock Wedge and switch to Wiggs,ezra,Thrawn or Get Rex from Shipments?M totally lost.Once R2 comes i wil get him in as well..My other toons that are decently geared up are Bobba Fett,Tarkin,FOTP and Imperial TIE.

This is my profile.https://swgoh.gg/u/manoj1992/

Any Help is much Appreciated

Replies

• Options
    level 76 got thrawn at 7 star with gear 8?
  • Options
    I think it depends on your goals. I’m in the same boat as you except my arena is older so I can’t place high with Phoenix. I am focusing on empire for r2 and also slow farming first order pilot and trooper. I think what you should do is find an area of the game you want to get good at and focus on. For example: if you want to get better at rancor, farm some of the characters for that. If you are focusing solely on arena, maybe start preparing for CLS with that rebel squad
  • Options
    I'm in the exact same spot as you Mano...which same group of 2nd tier group toons. Interested to hear what people think.
  • Options
    I would switch to a Wedge, Biggs, Lando/Leia, St Han, Thrawn setup, and start building towards getting CLS and RJT next time the events run. Thrawn is very good in arena and super useful against most teams.

You could even run a jedi team:
    QGJ, Ezra, Old Ben, Thrawn, JKA
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Don't what to tell you, but I'd like to point out that Chopper is still worth gearing up, He's great support for droids like R2.

Now it may not be that beneficial for you to gear him immediately, but don't bench him forever
  • Options
    I'd skip wedge to be perfectly honest. You'll need to get him eventually, mostly because his ship from GW is much easier then Bistan's UWing from fleet(for Chimaera), but Wiggs is super overrated at this point. You'd be far better served focusing on OT rebels for CLS, Empire for r2, and DS pilots/ships to get access to zeta challenge.
  • Options
    Go for wedge lead, biggs, r2, old ben and thrawn.

This is a great team. For now. Than transition to CLS team. It depends if you have access to raid Han and GK. If not . Shoot for cls, r2, old ben, leia and thr
  • Options
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    I would switch to a Wedge, Biggs, Lando/Leia, St Han, Thrawn setup, and start building towards getting CLS and RJT next time the events run.

This.

It's a funny game. You work for months to get a character. Get them and it's like "now what?"

• Options
    I would switch to a Wedge, Biggs, Lando/Leia, St Han, Thrawn setup, and start building towards getting CLS and RJT next time the events run.

This.

It's a funny game. You work for months to get a character. Get them and it's like "now what?"

After that it's "let's max them out and get better mods game".
  • Options

This.

Yeah, then you do that and then it's like..."now what?" lol :p

• Mano
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback guys..my main focuss is Arena..i dont have Wedge unlcoked yet..My arena shard is filled with NS and Wiggs/chaaze duo..This is my current count of Raid Han and Gk.Might possibly take another month to unlock Raid Han

Raid Han : 91/145
    GK : 54/145

I got Ezra at G9 probably G10 once i hit lvl79.so i dont think i can bench him for now.Suggest me some toons to use along with Thrawn,Ezra(probably Raid Han and R2 by a month time) .. Rex lead?
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I'd skip wedge to be perfectly honest. You'll need to get him eventually, mostly because his ship from GW is much easier then Bistan's UWing from fleet(for Chimaera), but Wiggs is super overrated at this point. You'd be far better served focusing on OT rebels for CLS, Empire for r2, and DS pilots/ships to get access to zeta challenge.

Yea bro.M farming Sthan and Old ben and other new hope toons for CLS.My priority is Dark ships/toons for the tarkin challenge(Zeta) along with Scoundrels for Credit Heists since m starving of credits..

For R2D2 m gud.i got Tarkin @ G10 ,TFP at G8,Thrawn will probably be at G9+,Ep wil b unlocked wen he comes around so m good..
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

well lets max them out part will take very long and mod them better part will basically never end.

This.

Yeah, then you do that and then it's like..."now what?" lol :p

• Mano
    109 posts Member
    Options
    i got few setups in my mind..please help me with this

Rex(L)(starting to farm) ,Thrawn,Ezra,R2,Raid han in a month time but i might b lacking a tank or should i sub in Sthan/Old ben for Ezra/Raid han?

Or

Old ben(L) , Thrawn, R2,Ezra and Raid han

Or
    Rex(L) ,Sthan/Old ben , Thrawn, Ezra and R2(no raid han since he wil b at 5* and might be Squishy)

Or
    Wedge(L) ,Biggs , Ezra/Raid Han ,R2 ,Thrawn (No Tank)

Pts to note:
    I do not Have Wedge or Rex
    My arena shard is Dominated by NS teams and Wiggs/Chaze combo
    I think Rex (L) is good since his tenacity up clears up the frequent stuns from NS teams.But the problem is i will have to start Farming Rex from Scratch..

yu can check up my toons from my profile : https://swgoh.gg/u/manoj1992/

Any help is appreciated.Thanks
  • Options
    use threxus team @Mano
    rex lead thrawn nihilus gk r2
  • Options
    I'd shoot for Wedge next if I were you. He's an effective arena leader for a young shard, plus you'll always find use for his ship, he's a good raid leader, and he's an awesome leader for TB. Even if you eventually rotate him off your arena squad, I don't think you'll regret having a geared up Wedge for the foreseeable future.

Just another piece of advice...start working towards being able to max out credit heists as soon as possible. Lando is a great toon for this, and he also works well with a Wedge lead in TB, plus you may even find some arena use for him if you want to take out a NS team with stealth acolyte.
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I'd shoot for Wedge next if I were you. He's an effective arena leader for a young shard, plus you'll always find use for his ship, he's a good raid leader, and he's an awesome leader for TB. Even if you eventually rotate him off your arena squad, I don't think you'll regret having a geared up Wedge for the foreseeable future.

Just another piece of advice...start working towards being able to max out credit heists as soon as possible. Lando is a great toon for this, and he also works well with a Wedge lead in TB, plus you may even find some arena use for him if you want to take out a NS team with stealth acolyte.

Cool mate.So i should start farming Wedge straightaway right?
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    Options
    use threxus team @Mano
    rex lead thrawn nihilus gk r2

Bro getting Gk would be very long by then i might even have CLS
  • Options
    You should start getting ready for CLS as others have said as he is a real game changer.
    Phoenix are still a lot of fun. I used Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Chopper and zR2D2 with number crunch and they gave everyone a boost. I was able to 3* the very hard Empire Battles event this morning using that team.
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Nice..I use Thrawn instead of Zeb against other phoenix squads.Helps to fracture either kannan or chopper
  • Options
    There are two main configurations of a Rex lead that are nasty and efficient:
    - Rex, r2, Chaze + 1 (DN/Thrawn)
    - Rex, r2, GK, + 2 (Raid Han, DN, Thrawn)
    On the younger shards, DN is the main threat. So if you dont have a supporting cast, rex is a bad idea.

Wedge and biggs are excellent on younger shards, but as you see, you need an uber autotaunt tank, which will be either GK or Chaze. Old ben is ok too, and viable end game, but not quite as deadly.

As more rex leads pop up in your shard, which they will until CLS/JTR events come back, you will start to struggle until you get Chaze or GK for yourself.
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    Options
    oh k k mate..i dont think i can get chaze since Baze mission is yet to be unlocked..i might phoenix till i get Rex unlocked and geared and wait til i get R2d2..
  • Options
    In the right comp Rex is deadly. People will be amazed how fast your team goes.
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Oh cool
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The reason I suggested Threxus team is because they are really synergistic and good.
    The team has Rex DN Thrawn R2 GK

So it has a nasty tank called GK, R2 will smoke on him. GK will also cleanse.
    Thrawn will give turnmeter to whoever he wants and fracture.
    GK will give crit immunity to everyone else making Rex a bit more survivable when exposed to enemy attack.
    DN will go fast due to Rex lead & Thrawn's turnmeter swap. Also he erases the annnoying speed up from Thrawn's basic and turn it into an ability block.

So for enemies it's really hard to choose who to attack first.
    Probably GK first because there's no other way. That earns enough time for the entire team to take down the enemy.
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Cool bro..Thanks for your time.Thing is i am not even close to Gk.only at 56/145.Might be a very long farm..Might take another 2 months before i can unlock him