DS TB

Prev1
Is DS TB ever gonna get sorted? Like, a whole empire team using debuffs is pointless with the amount of cleanses, dealing 16k plus per basic, assists, healing, the amount of speed, I mean come on, unless you call it Whale content, I will consider DSTB broken

Replies

• It's not whale content and it's not broken. It's supposed to be harder than LS TB. We get people crying about DS TB here everyday and it's pointless. This is the most endgame content right now. I have cleared 4/4 every time so far with my g10 empire team, don't see what the issue is.
  • I will say complete heals are bogus. I could understand a %heal but no rebel has a complete heal. They are like barris on steroids except they are fast too lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to DS TB sub forum.

This is end game content, it's not supposed to be easy.

I think the bigger issue is we need some love for the DS. A few buffs and a rework here or there would make things nicer, and a few more toons would help with the platoon counts vs total number of toons. All that being done and we will be in a good place in 6 months or so.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    It's not whale content and it's not broken. It's supposed to be harder than LS TB. We get people crying about DS TB here everyday and it's pointless. This is the most endgame content right now. I have cleared 4/4 every time so far with my g10 empire team, don't see what the issue is.

G12 empire team, gets destroyed, why has everything got to be end game content? Thats forces every whale to join up to max rewards, because they really need more power over others? Oh we get people moaning about it? I wonder why, its just like cbase, broken toons never fixed because whales paid money for them, open your eyes please

What team? What mods? More info can lead to better answers
  • Yeah I have a guild mate who has all g12 squads, good mods, and still not able to finish combat missions. That’s beyond end game content.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    It's not whale content and it's not broken. It's supposed to be harder than LS TB. We get people crying about DS TB here everyday and it's pointless. This is the most endgame content right now. I have cleared 4/4 every time so far with my g10 empire team, don't see what the issue is.

G12 empire team, gets destroyed, why has everything got to be end game content? Thats forces every whale to join up to max rewards, because they really need more power over others? Oh we get people moaning about it? I wonder why, its just like cbase, broken toons never fixed because whales paid money for them, open your eyes please

New content has to be end game, well a good chunk of new content has to be endgame. We would get bored otherwise. Not just for the whales, but for everyone (eventually).
    Save water, drink champagne!

Use palp lead. Everything isn't end game content. TBs are, with DS being the most end game.
    We get people moaning because they want an easy change rather than working hard towards a goal with their guild. ;)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

G12 empire team, gets destroyed, why has everything got to be end game content?

The new thing that gets released has to be end game content because the old thing that used to be end game content no longer is. HAAT was end game content and now it's a breeze for high end guilds, who are then left with no challenges. No challenge means no more incentive to spend money, which means the game dies.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I think the bigger issue is we need some love for the DS. A few buffs and a rework here or there would make things nicer, and a few more toons would help with the platoon counts vs total number of toons. All that being done and we will be in a good place in 6 months or so.

In 6 months? They should of reworked and loved before it was ever a thing, poor planing to be honest, poor poor planing

6 months to full star new content like this is too long for You? Its not a raid you a re trying to get on farm, its a multi stage event.

I truly believe DS TB was released to come before/with TW, because if they had released TW first people would have developed for that and then complained that they developed all the wrong teams for DS TB. I appreciate that part of the release even if it as not the intent and a little rushed.

I don't think DS TB is that big of an issue I like the balance it has, it gives me goals to build up to and teams to make work.
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I don’t think the DS TB is too hard from a game standpoint. It should be hard. The only issue there might be that DS toons are just so far behind in power level from LS and so weren’t priority farms for most people.

I do think it’s pretty silly from a lore standpoint, at least when compared to the LS TB. It’s like the devs don’t realize the rebels lost on Hoth. Lost pretty badly in fact. Especially on the ground, the Empire pretty much just marched right through them on the ground. It was a pretty successful retreat due to good pre-planning with the Ion Cannon and such but that does not equal a victory.
  • 82 tottal waves.. so i feel like winner over hoth
  • Bigbearxba wrote: »
    I do think it’s pretty silly from a lore standpoint, at least when compared to the LS TB.

Right? It should definitely be more like the movie. Like when the Phoenix and Rogue One squads flew over to Hoth and fought the Empire alongside the other rebels. That was classic. Or when Finn gathered a few unnamed Resistance fighters and absolutely smashed the toughest Empire squads at the end of the movie. That was so epic!!

/sarcasm

C'mon... This is a game that happens to be loosely based on Star Wars, not a reenactment of the movies or tv shows or books. People really need to stop trying to play the game wearing their loreglasses.
  • liked your comment annerdoon
  • It's not whale content and it's not broken. It's supposed to be harder than LS TB. We get people crying about DS TB here everyday and it's pointless. This is the most endgame content right now. I have cleared 4/4 every time so far with my g10 empire team, don't see what the issue is.

Lol whatever dude. It's broken. Who cares about your end game content nonsense. G11/g12 zeta squads can't come close to clearing phase 6. Nothing else to improve lol

Use palp lead. Everything isn't end game content. TBs are, with DS being the most end game.
    We get people moaning because they want an easy change rather than working hard towards a goal with their guild. ;)

It's unachievable. People aren't beating it with maxed squads. Platoons make it not fun. Not worth working towards. Surveys show you people aren't enjoying it.
  • Kyno wrote: »

In 6 months? They should of reworked and loved before it was ever a thing, poor planing to be honest, poor poor planing

6 months to full star new content like this is too long for You? Its not a raid you a re trying to get on farm, its a multi stage event.

I truly believe DS TB was released to come before/with TW, because if they had released TW first people would have developed for that and then complained that they developed all the wrong teams for DS TB. I appreciate that part of the release even if it as not the intent and a little rushed.

I don't think DS TB is that big of an issue I like the balance it has, it gives me goals to build up to and teams to make work.

It has no balance. You'll never go 12/12 in phase 6. Not enough dark side toons. It's awful but not surprising you like everything about ds tb.
  • Ploosh wrote: »
    Yeah I have a guild mate who has all g12 squads, good mods, and still not able to finish combat missions. That’s beyond end game content.

This is the point nobody will acknowledge. There's nothing to work towards on ds tb. You'll never get there, especially considering how dumb platoons are. Seriously, who designed platoons?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    dimi4a wrote: »

So the platoons requiring mostly Empire toons that are critical for the battles; G11 and G12 Empire toons getting beat; OP Rebel healers and cleansers on steroids that make the Imperial Strategic Abilities irrelevant; the Rebel Strafing Run dealing MASSIVE damage compared to the Orbital Bombardment which is a joke and you call all of this "balanced"?! I'm sorry but DS TB is anything but balanced and needs a serious rework!

I said the balance it has. I believe it will become more balanced as more toons are released and rework happen.

Yes doing missions without toons is part of the challenge, that's what makes it not the same mode.

We also do our best to donate toons that are the lowest gear and usefulness when they are required.

The 4/4 missions are hard and I do not have the best DS toons or setups but I feel like I'm making progress on 4/4s with empire.

This just reminds me if AAT release back when. I don't think anything needs to be doable out of the gate, but you can see the strategies and teams starting to form. Getting mods where they need to go and I believe things will fall into place.

Sorry if I'm hopeful, but I like a challenge and goals.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member

We got "love" for DS and with it came Nightsisters and then new Kylo Ren and this Executioner guy (terrible choice by the way, not every nation/culture fancies death penalty). However, this did not help because per guild at least 5 people would have to spend very high amounts of money to put this "love" into platoons.
    This just reminds me if AAT release back when. I don't think anything needs to be doable out of the gate, but you can see the strategies and teams starting to form. Getting mods where they need to go and I believe things will fall into place.

Didn’t the AAT raid get reworked because it was too difficult on release? Or am I misremembering?
  • Bigbearxba wrote: »

Didn’t the AAT raid get reworked because it was too difficult on release? Or am I misremembering?
    Just normal version. Health was reduced due to it taking 2 months to complete even for guilds that were clearing HAAT.
  • Rebel Spy is broken , he gives +1000000000 Protection to every ally, every turn he takes
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    https://i.imgur.com/99qeac3.png

https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

Very few DS zetas, very few DS gear XII.

U can't just throw any 5 in there w/ garbage mods and complain bcuz u lose. Strategy, planning, targeting priority, modding, turn order...all very important.
    dimi4a wrote: »

So the platoons requiring mostly Empire toons that are critical for the battles; G11 and G12 Empire toons getting beat; OP Rebel healers and cleansers on steroids that make the Imperial Strategic Abilities irrelevant; the Rebel Strafing Run dealing MASSIVE damage compared to the Orbital Bombardment which is a joke and you call all of this "balanced"?! I'm sorry but DS TB is anything but balanced and needs a serious rework!

I said the balance it has. I believe it will become more balanced as more toons are released and rework happen.

Yes doing missions without toons is part of the challenge, that's what makes it not the same mode.

We also do our best to donate toons that are the lowest gear and usefulness when they are required.

The 4/4 missions are hard and I do not have the best DS toons or setups but I feel like I'm making progress on 4/4s with empire.

Sorry if I'm hopeful, but I like a challenge and goals.

Now I’m seriously asking your opinion on this one. You seem more DS oriented on your toons (just an assumption without being able to see your roster).
    But in my mind the way TB should be is that each phase should require a certain gear level to at least compete. The scale I think is fair is g7 toons for P1, g8 for P2, g9 for p3, etc etc. maybe even push it ahead a gear level so you start with g8 instead of g7 in p1. Now if you meet those requirements then with proper strategy you’ll clear the CM’s. If you just auto you won’t clear. Isn’t that realistic? So far P1-3 adheres to the philosophy with P4-p6 nowhere near that.

As for platoons it’s been made painfully clear the P2P toons are here to stay (again kittenly unfair). However, why are we only seeing empire and sith characters? Where are the genosians, separitists, NS outside of MT, Zombie and Spirit? Where is Nute? Where are the BH when they aren’t needed for a mission? Where are toons like mob Enforcer? I get having some P2P toons in a platoon or two to keep the challenge on, but when they are in 4 or 5 per zone making the enemy abilities OP then that’s bad.

Simple tweaks will still make this a challenge rather than a headache and leaving players feeling cheated. And over time as new DS characters are released (here’s to hoping for Jango, Jabba, Revan, etc.) along with current toon reworks (Palp, Vader, GG, etc.) then it’ll get progressively easier just like HAAT and Rancor. But just pushing the same thing and making new DS toons marquee only and not usable until 4-6 months after their release is bad form. Where are the releases like Pao where we can farm in GW or Arena? Where are the new characters being released in mid level nodes?
  • Poxx wrote: »

U can't just throw any 5 in there w/ garbage mods and complain bcuz u lose. Strategy, planning, targeting priority, modding, turn order...all very important.

Agreed but when a g12 thrawn with g11 empire support with mid to high level mods gets wiped out in P4, something is seriously wrong.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Poxx wrote: »

Agreed but when a g12 thrawn with g11 empire support with mid to high level mods gets wiped out in P4, something is seriously wrong.

Depends on the supporting chars you used, as well as the mid to high level mods you used. That's what @Poxx is saying. What squad and what mods did you use? Mebbe the issue isn't the phase, but the squad comp.