ST Han, Taunts, and Buff Immunity

Cyn
76 posts Member
I recently played against a ST Han in a Rebel team that hangs out in the top 10 in Arena on my server. My team typically consists of QGJ, Jedi Knight Anakin, Rey, GS, and Dooku.

Well, the as the match started I used dooku to attack Luke then I used Jedi Knight Anakin to apply Healing and Buff immunity on ST Han. Han then used his taunt ability but it didn't take because he had buff immunity on. The match continued and then Admiral Ackbar used "It's a trap" to dispell the negative buffs which worked. I continued on with the match and decided to go after ST Han, however, I found that every time I hit him the other enemy characters were gaining turn meter despite ST Han not having his taunt up.

Draw Fire - Han taunts for 3 turns, and all other allies gain 30% Turn meter. In addition, all other allies gain 20% turn meter when Han is damaged.

I block the Taunt buff from going active with Anakin but the Turn meter passive from this ability still applied. Is the turn meter gain for allies not a buff?

Replies

• Options
    This is still happening. Buff immunity put on St Han does not prevent him from gaining the 2nd effect of Draw Fire, giving allies TM when he gets hit, even when buff immunity is still on. With B2 and Anakin being easily farmable now, a lot of people will start to notice this.
  • Options
    Palpatine as well. There's a post about it in general a couple weeks ago. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/64877/st-han-shocked-still-giving-tm
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    To sum up, people are saying the taunt and giving TM to allies are 2 separate things, which is true, but being able to dispell the TM gain for allies is what indicates it is a buff and should be blocked by buff immunity and shock. I believe it's the same type of effect that Akbar's Tactical Genius was before they added a buff icon for it, it gives an invisible buff that at the moment is bugged.

Also, the simple definition of a buff is something that's added to a character to enhance or give new abilities, and the TM gain is just that, so not being able to receive buffs should prevent that aspect of the ability from working as well.
  • Options
    Meerava wrote: »
    To sum up, people are saying the taunt and giving TM to allies are 2 separate things, which is true, but being able to dispell the TM gain for allies is what indicates it is a buff and should be blocked by buff immunity and shock. I believe it's the same type of effect that Akbar's Tactical Genius was before they added a buff icon for it, it gives an invisible buff that at the moment is bugged.

Also, the simple definition of a buff is something that's added to a character to enhance or give new abilities, and the TM gain is just that, so not being able to receive buffs should prevent that aspect of the ability from working as well.

True, somewhat, but then this is (or would be) a buff of the allies and not a buff to sthan. The receiving end of the secondary effect of sthan's buff are the allies and not sthan himself. To implement this in line with the analogy you used (akbar's tactical genius) the (invisible) buff icon would be placed on each of the allies. So granting sthan buff immunity wouldn't change much then ...
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

This is the man who's attention you want to grab, this sounds similar to Mace's recently fixed bug where he'd get a TM bonus regardless if the conditions were met or not
  • Options
    I thought that it only works when he has his taunt up?

But i have seen when EP shocks STH, and then STH uses his taunt all the other allies gain the tm which i think is correct but once i start hitting STH the other allies shouldn't gain turn meter because his taunt is not up. They only should gain tm when STH uses the taunt, or if his taunt is still present.

Is this correct @CG_Kozispoon ?