Death Trooper vs NS zombie? Wai?

Now i understand that DT deathmark will not override her revive. But what im wondering is why even tho ive "killed" ns zombie many times dt special still doesnt deathmark another enemy?

Replies

• I think this is broken...on my DT, when i use that special, death mark inflicts on the character I attacked but didn’t die. If the character dies from that special, no one gets deathmark.
  • msb14
    301 posts Member
    I was wondering about this as well. A good test would be to kill Boba or SRP while they have their revives, and see if you can deathmark anyone after they revive. If not, I’d say zombie is WAI. But if DM works in that situation, something needs to be adjusted to keep things consistent. I’ll try and test it in GW if I get a chance.
  • There has to be someone dead on screen, if they were revived it doesn't count.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Riffinator wrote: »
    There has to be someone dead on screen, if they were revived it doesn't count.

This is my understanding.
  • Yes...when Death trooper takes his turn there must be toon dead....zombie comes back before death trooper takes his turn.
  • But then, in TW if you kill a character on the opposisjon team, and throw in a second team with Deathtrooper can you Deathmark someone immediately ?
  • That’s a good question...I don’t know what conditions “reset” between TW encounters. I know a nightsister won’t come back via Talzin lead on defense on ensuing encounters.
  • You should be able to deathmark then if there is someone dead. His ability says "if there are any defeated enemies", so that's how it should work.
  • But then, in TW if you kill a character on the opposisjon team, and throw in a second team with Deathtrooper can you Deathmark someone immediately ?

Nope. Counts as a fresh battle. Same way how NS, or EE, don't revive someone who died in the previous battle.

I would say yes. A long time ago, I was running dt on rancor, the door panel was deactivated from the squad prior & dm landed on rancor first round.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CleverWes wrote: »
    But then, in TW if you kill a character on the opposisjon team, and throw in a second team with Deathtrooper can you Deathmark someone immediately ?

Nope. Counts as a fresh battle. Same way how NS, or EE, don't revive someone who died in the previous battle.

This is correct^^

It doesn't work that way.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    But then, in TW if you kill a character on the opposisjon team, and throw in a second team with Deathtrooper can you Deathmark someone immediately ?

This is correct^^

Is the difference PvP vs PvE? Because it did work in raids at some point.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

This is correct^^

you could death mark someone even if all enemies are standing on the field, as long as someone dies in a previous run of the phase?
  • Kyno wrote: »

This is correct^^

you could death mark someone even if all enemies are standing on the field, as long as someone dies in a previous run of the phase?

The one instance I know it used to work on would be the rancor/panel example. And I only remember it because I was surprised dm hit.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

This is correct^^

The one instance I know it used to work on would be the rancor/panel example. And I only remember it because I was surprised dm hit.

I would consider that not WAI. but i could be wrong.
  • msb14
    301 posts Member
    In pve battles, if someone dies in phase 1 or 2, they can be revived in phase 3 and you can still get 3 stars. Not sure if it works the same way in Assault battles, raids, Tb, etc.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    msb14 wrote: »
    In pve battles, if someone dies in phase 1 or 2, they can be revived in phase 3 and you can still get 3 stars. Not sure if it works the same way in Assault battles, raids, Tb, etc.

Yeah, there is a lack of clarity on some of the "battle", "encounter" definitions