Are HAAT rewards supposed to be this bad?

Prev1
5YitBM4.png

So after quite some time of gaining members strong enough for HAAT, our guild has finally started toward kenobi. It is our 3rd/4th HAAT and I placed #2.

My question is to those who consistently place top 5 in HAAT: will the rewards always stink this bad?

Ik it seems like I’m complaining but this is a serious question because it will decide if it’s worth my time to attack the tank at inconvenient times.

The gk shards are nice and guild tokens, but I was expecting a lot more in terms of gear... I literally have thousands of 3 of those gear pieces and the other 2 I have no use for at all.

And also, could someone PLEASE explain to me why in the world CHALLENGE gear is in HAAT?!?!? I was getting better rewards from putting 0 damage on NAAT

Replies

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    I finish first in my guild nearly every time and yes they are that bad.

Just hope to get a couple of useful lots or a fully crafted piece because you're not going to avoid the joy of HAAT challenge gear or barely used gear you already have 500 of.
  • Lol, welcome to the fun of Haat , can't explain challenge gear is there, other then that's how it was released and here have been many many threads about removing challenge gear from Haat . It would be nice, however the odds are that it will never happen. The rewards are random, and eventually your drops will include gear you are looking for, but it takes time.
  • Bro, mk6 detonators are hard to come by. At least you got something useful.
  • Lol, welcome to the fun of Haat , can't explain challenge gear is there, other then that's how it was released and here have been many many threads about removing challenge gear from Haat . It would be nice, however the odds are that it will never happen. The rewards are random, and eventually your drops will include gear you are looking for, but it takes time.

This is pretty disappointing. I was expecting some nice gear that could actually help me considering HAAT is the hardest tier of the hardest raid. Turns out placing #34 in t6 pit has better rewards, what a bunch of crap.

HAAT should ALWAYS have better rewards than NAAT and Pit (all tiers), ESPECIALLY when placing top 3. This is a bit unbelievable the devs still haven’t removed challenge gear. I can instant it in pit raid or NAAT but this has to be the most demoralizing discovery.

Worked my butt off to get HAAT teams to g11/12 to place top 3 and this is how I’m rewarded? I feel like I wasted so many resources and so much time for nothing.

And mk6 detonators might be hard to come by for you, but I already have 100 of them and only Cassian needs one, and I don’t even plan to bring him to g12. The other I don’t even have a toon that needs one.
  • OmerAsik wrote: »
    Lol, welcome to the fun of Haat , can't explain challenge gear is there, other then that's how it was released and here have been many many threads about removing challenge gear from Haat . It would be nice, however the odds are that it will never happen. The rewards are random, and eventually your drops will include gear you are looking for, but it takes time.

This is pretty disappointing. I was expecting some nice gear that could actually help me considering HAAT is the hardest tier of the hardest raid. Turns out placing #34 in t6 pit has better rewards, what a bunch of ****.

HAAT should ALWAYS have better rewards than NAAT and Pit (all tiers), ESPECIALLY when placing top 3. This is a bit unbelievable the devs still haven’t removed challenge gear. I can instant it in pit raid or NAAT but this has to be the most demoralizing discovery.

Worked my butt off to get HAAT teams to g11/12 to place top 3 and this is how I’m rewarded? I feel like I wasted so many resources and so much time for nothing.

And mk6 detonators might be hard to come by for you, but I already have 100 of them and only Cassian needs one, and I don’t even plan to bring him to g12. The other I don’t even have a toon that needs one.

Haat does have better rewards, you just don't get them every time, and it IS random for what you get where. You didn't waste resources, and right at the moment it may be frustrating, however give it a bit, get a few more hats under your belt. And , basically, remember the main purpose of Haat is to acquire GK , the gear is a nice bonus along the way. Makes it much easier to deal with, and who knows, mebbe some day it will change, unlikely as that may be.

Now, TB and TW provide GET, which you can use to buy whatever gear you wish from that store. It appears that the reason they set it up that way was to compensate for the raids having random gear, this way you are able to pick what you get.
    Lol, welcome to the fun of Haat , can't explain challenge gear is there, other then that's how it was released and here have been many many threads about removing challenge gear from Haat . It would be nice, however the odds are that it will never happen. The rewards are random, and eventually your drops will include gear you are looking for, but it takes time.

This is pretty disappointing. I was expecting some nice gear that could actually help me considering HAAT is the hardest tier of the hardest raid. Turns out placing #34 in t6 pit has better rewards, what a bunch of ****.

Haat does have better rewards, you just don't get them every time, and it IS random for what you get where. You didn't waste resources, and right at the moment it may be frustrating, however give it a bit, get a few more hats under your belt. And , basically, remember the main purpose of Haat is to acquire GK , the gear is a nice bonus along the way. Makes it much easier to deal with, and who knows, mebbe some day it will change, unlikely as that may be.

Now, TB and TW provide GET, which you can use to buy whatever gear you wish from that store. It appears that the reason they set it up that way was to compensate for the raids having random gear, this way you are able to pick what you get.

Yeah I have found guild events store and guild store the only way I can continue to gear. I just thought HAAT would give Me a little boost. Maybe in time but the last couple rewards have been pretty bad, in fact worse than NAAT.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Mk6 thermal aint that bad imo
    it gives speed and quite a few needs it.
    It is one of those rare raid gear
    and you will get carbanti sometimes

https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/144/mk-6-merr-sonn-thermal-detonator/
    OmerAsik wrote: »

Yeah I have found guild events store and guild store the only way I can continue to gear. I just thought HAAT would give Me a little boost. Maybe in time but the last couple rewards have been pretty bad, in fact worse than NAAT.

For what it's worth, that happens. But, it will swing the other way as well and you will get gear your looking for. Just takes a bit to happen.
  • Waaaaaa

Wow, such a clever and intelligent comment!

This is a serious question. I need to know if I should spend hours out of my days to get decent gear or just slide by with minimal effort.

I don’t have time like you to come into random threads to troll to make yourself feel better.

• I was constantly getting top 3 before the Ackbar + BB8 teams came in.

Yes, they are terrible. 1/3 of the time, you will be getting gear that will just go into your reserves.

If you are looking for the golden blacked out gear, forget it. It is way faster to buy from shipments.
  • I was constantly getting top 3 before the Ackbar + BB8 teams came in.

Yes, they are terrible. 1/3 of the time, you will be getting gear that will just go into your reserves.

If you are looking for the golden blacked out gear, forget it. It is way faster to buy from shipments.

Thank you. I wasn’t looking for the best of the best gear but at least some carbantis (need thousands) or stun guns or anything even remotely useful.

Looks like I won’t be working around plans to attack, thanks again!
  • HAAT takes a long while but worth the trouble for 30min tho. more token = more gear, more gk shard = better. More probability to get a full piece of gear too. although it's still low
    Thank you. I wasn’t looking for the best of the best gear but at least some carbantis (need thousands) or stun guns or anything even remotely useful.

No prob, I will just say that if you have not 7* Kenobi, the shards you get in top 3 will be consolation. Gear wise, it is really a bonus if you get a whole piece at top 3. Not sure about the others but I personally felt that rewards at rank 2 or 3 are some times better than rank 1.

But then, my teammate got 1 Medpac and Biotech bluepiece (ie. 50 blacked out gear equivalent) BOTH at Rank 1 before so it's really your luck.

Don't lose the enthusiasm just because of a few bad rounds!
  • Yes they are usually that bad (or close to it), it's not worth your time (placing 3 instead of 19 brings you an assortment of random mostly useless junk), and after some time I now find that the Pit raid is giving more useful gear than the AAT, for no effort at all.

Out of the 6 AAT-only gear, 3 of them I now have more than I need in the coming 3 months (one of them, 8 full pieces no one needs), and the rest is usually gated on another rare piece anyway (e.g. the Stun Cuffs). Out of 19 distinct possible pieces:
    - Challenge gear will drop much more often than any other
    - You'll quickly accumulate heaps of gear no one needs (e.g. Binoculars Mk9, Mk10)
    - Only 3 of them are actually somewhat useful (Shield Generator Mk7, Thermal Detonator Mk6, Lens Mk10)

The increased tokens are still worth something, as the bragging rights of being on top ;)
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Tiggus wrote: »
    - Only 3 of them are actually somewhat useful (Shield Generator Mk7, Thermal Detonator Mk6, Lens Mk10)

The increased tokens are still worth something, as the bragging rights of being on top ;)

This. the value is still worth it, depending on time consumed. If it would take too long and your guild will be able to finish it no matter what, just hit the auto. if it doesnt take longer than 30 min or if your guild cant do the raid w/o you, you should do it manually
  • The credits, tokens, and GK shards are better at the top. To me, that seems to be worth the extra effort - when you are available to put in that effort. Gear is always a mixed bag. You can always choose the gear you need from the guild shop if you get those extra tokens. But hey, I stopped rearranging my life to make sure I was at the top a long time ago.
  • People always blame RNG for everything bad has happened in game, just remember one thing that RNG is created by Human so nothing is truly random
  • Edward wrote: »
    People always blame RNG for everything bad has happened in game, just remember one thing that RNG is created by Human so nothing is truly random

Human made rng but what does it have to do with it being truly random/not truly random
  • HAAT top 3 rewards are bad and it makes no sense. Giving us challenge gear is ****. It’s like filler in a gift bag. There is no point to it.

@CG_CapGaSP Why can’t HAAT top 3 rewards be better? Please?
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Edward wrote: »
    People always blame RNG for everything bad has happened in game, just remember one thing that RNG is created by Human so nothing is truly random

Human made rng but what does it have to do with it being truly random/not truly random

You got some insight knowledge that the rest of us don’t?

What makes anyone think the pieces have an equal chance of dropping?
  • get used to it, HAAT rewards are pitiful, pretty much every time... once in a blue moon I'll get salvage that's of some use. The most depressing part for me was, finally grinding it out to the point where I am placing in the upper echelon and rewards are still lame.
    OmerAsik wrote: »
    5YitBM4.png

So after quite some time of gaining members strong enough for HAAT, our guild has finally started toward kenobi. It is our 3rd/4th HAAT and I placed #2.

My question is to those who consistently place top 5 in HAAT: will the rewards always stink this bad?

Ik it seems like I’m complaining but this is a serious question because it will decide if it’s worth my time to attack the tank at inconvenient times.

The gk shards are nice and guild tokens, but I was expecting a lot more in terms of gear... I literally have thousands of 3 of those gear pieces and the other 2 I have no use for at all.

And also, could someone PLEASE explain to me why in the world CHALLENGE gear is in HAAT?!?!? I was getting better rewards from putting 0 damage on NAAT

• Wow, You had bad luck. 3 times of challange gear. I think i never had more than one. If they would remove challange gear so it would be less money for CG. So they wont do it. This game is constructed in such a way that today is my last day of playing. I want to forget about this completely. Game that should bring fun is giving something oposite. I think that there is something wrong with the mindset of people who are constructing this game. As they many times say that they would like to create something for fun but in fact i can hardy see that it is creating fun for people.
  • Unfortunately, yes, the gears are constantly lackluster. Thankfully, there are credits, guild shop tokens and GK shards. Those make the effort worthy. But it's a shame that the Rancor raid provides better gears than the Haat...
  • We have found that if you want shards, finish in the top 10, if you want gear, finish below 15... for both raids. We had a guy the other post a zero on HAAT and ended up with a finished purple gear (I forget which one)
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    HAAT rewards are pretty poor. It's not really worth the effort. Of the 7 times I've had rank 1 recently, only once included a drop of something I needed.
    Rancors aren't much better. I've not had droid callers in about 50 raids and have gone from 600+ to 8. I almost always seem to get mk4 carbs too.
    I was constantly getting top 3 before the Ackbar + BB8 teams came in.

HAAT doesn't have MK3 carbantis or the mk5 stun guns. It's the G11 to G12 gear stuff, which carbs / stun guns aren't part of. If you want carbs and stun guns from AAT than go back down to the NAAT. I don't recall ever getting carbs or stun guns from a high ranking HAAT reward set. You actually got decent gear here because the MK6 det and the mk11 blastec weapon mod are rare.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum
  • The addition of challenge gear makes the drop rates of things you need even smaller. CG wants you to spend your gems on gear.
  • The joys of coming first. Every piece of gear awarded I have over 250 of and a piece that I have over 2k of.

Cheers.