Level of RNG is crazy (yes, thrawn)

Just got my 7*. After days of trying and maybe getting down 3-4 enemies before dying, or maybe killing 0 before dying... I complete it with full health and full protection. He fractured hera twice and then no one targeted her until it wore off.

Really happy to get thrawn, really wish it was more skill based.

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    What gear did you use?
    It took me one try, but Chopper and Ezra were g10
  • It's a very difficult event, but it's only RNG with low gear and/or bad mods.
  • 0 difficulty, on tier 7 using GS 8 Zeb, GS10 Ezra, GS 10 Sabine, GS 10 Zera, GS 10 Kanan. All were 5* Level 14 mods as Crouching Rancor suggests.

I killed the Taunt, stunned the DT, killed the heals and then focused Thrawn.
  • well. most of you had and easy time, it took me a gear 11 Sabine, gear ten Hera, gear ten Ezra, gear nine kanan and zeb, and a zeta to get him Seven star
  • Galvatream wrote: »
    well. most of you had and easy time, it took me a gear 11 Sabine, gear ten Hera, gear ten Ezra, gear nine kanan and zeb, and a zeta to get him Seven star

I had a similar setup, go wrecked few times. Switched to g8 Chopper with no mods and lvl 3 skills (except lvl 7 unique) and got it on the first attempt. So yeah...
  • I managed it with gear 8 on all using chopper and not Sabine. Put on arena mods for extra speed on all and put protection up on kanan and zeb.
  • Galvatream wrote: »
    well. most of you had and easy time, it took me a gear 11 Sabine, gear ten Hera, gear ten Ezra, gear nine kanan and zeb, and a zeta to get him Seven star

No offense, but then you probably were doing something wrong or using bad mods
  • icanectc wrote: »
    This whole game is rng based

Yes, the game is RNG based. Most events though you have the right toons and right tactics then you get through in a few attempts even if gearing is a bit marginal. Clearly if your toons are OP then Thrawn is the same but for a lot of people Thrawn is very little theory or tactics and a ton of RNG. Balance between luck and judgement is a bit off for this particular event.

My experience, though months ago, was similar. Crushed, crushed, crushed (repeat a lot)........ win nearly unscathed doing exactly the same thing.

I don't think these should be easy but getting mods and tactics right without going totally OTT on gearing should come into it a bit more.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to thrawn sub forum.

Mods are a big factor in many aspects of the game, this event in particular seems to be harder and maybe geared towards better mods. It could have also been designed knowing they had zeta on the horizon and didn't want it to become a total cake walk.
  • Yeah, this event, in particular, was horribly designed. I finished it on my second try at gear 8 and random mods, while others try over 100 times at the same or better gear level, and don't even come close. Just plain horrible design, all the way around.
  • Reptile
    114 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, very big RNG. Just depends on who he fractures, if they survive, and if the troopers spread their damage around. Did it with Ezra G9. Hera, chopper, Zeb, and Kanan, G8. No zeta's, only one Omega on Kanan.

https://swgoh.gg/u/reptile75/squads/18747/
  • I have all omegas (no zeta), mix of g8/g9. Chopper, no Sabine.
  • icanectc wrote: »
    This whole game is rng based

A lot of it can be circumvented. The thrawn event however is way to rng dependent
  • Reptile wrote: »
    Yeah, very big RNG. Just depends on who he fractures, if they survive, and if the troopers spread their damage around. Did it with Ezra G9. Hera, chopper, Zeb, and Kanan, G8. No zeta's, only one Omega on Kanan.

https://swgoh.gg/u/reptile75/squads/18747/

On the one that I won he fractured hera twice, and no one finished her off.
  • Hey every one can you help the new guy out, lol. Sad as is I have been playing for a year and nine months. Learned a lot of the lango but RNG I am going to have to either google or see if one of you may be around to help me learn what it means , represents. Thanks and keep having fun every buddieZzzz....!
  • Hey every one can you help the new guy out, lol. Sad as is I have been playing for a year and nine months. Learned a lot of the lango but RNG I am going to have to either google or see if one of you may be around to help me learn what it means , represents. Thanks and keep having fun every buddieZzzz....!

RNG is a standard term used in most online games for random number generator.
  • Yep it is hard. At least for G8 Phoenix