CLS event with g9

Ravib
106 posts Member
edited January 2018
So I spent so many crystals on just getting my Empire team ready. 3 g10s and 2 g8s. I currently have STHan and Leia at g9. I will make everyone g9 except Old Ben. This grinding is bad. I spent my Christmas gift cards. My guild isn’t so great. Raids hardly ever give me the needed gear. I could buy a few pieces at a time at the shops but that will take many long months. I also have to gear CLS himself. I’m spending every single credit on modding and leveling. But the gear scares me. People say g10-11 is required and zetaing R2. I can omega everything, but I can’t zeta anyone. I was just wondering if it can be done at g9 without god mods on everyone. Mod challenges always give me basic stuff with offense and defense stats. I have a few good mods on Empire, but not enough for a whole team.

Replies

• You'll want st Han and r2 g9 or 10(10 would be better) as last round Han can absorb the damage with his taunt.. you have months until it comes back so you have time.

Plus r2 is an extremely useful toon. I think it can be done with luke and Leia at 8 but I would push for 9 as well. And why's your guild not so great? Lol
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    You'll want st Han and r2 g9 or 10(10 would be better) as last round Han can absorb the damage with his taunt.. you have months until it comes back so you have time.

Plus r2 is an extremely useful toon. I think it can be done with luke and Leia at 8 but I would push for 9 as well. And why's your guild not so great? Lol

Yeah, but I want to save gear for CLS and not waste any time on useless grinding. I’ll leave farmboy and Old Ben alone. I may use Leia and R2 for a future squad. My Empire squad now is 70k power with Palp, Vader, and Thrawn. Can I beat R2 with it? I’m gearing up Empire before any CLS toons. I’m not buying any more crystals. I guess I’m p2p, but I will never become a whale. Gear can be bought from shipments, but it’s super expensive.
  • Who's your other empire toons? I did the mythic version of r2 with palp, vader, thrawn, royal guard and tie pilot. And have to say I wish I had thrawn the first go at r2 he alone makes r2 event much easier lol
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Who's your other empire toons? I did the mythic version of r2 with palp, vader, thrawn, royal guard and tie pilot. And have to say I wish I had thrawn the first go at r2 he alone makes r2 event much easier lol
    I have Thrawn, EP, Vader, ST, and Tarkin. EP, Vader, and Thrawn are g10. I’m saving up zetas for Vader. I may be able to zeta R2 by the next CLS event but I can’t count on it.
  • Zeta on vader? Hmn
  • Ravib wrote: »
    Who's your other empire toons? I did the mythic version of r2 with palp, vader, thrawn, royal guard and tie pilot. And have to say I wish I had thrawn the first go at r2 he alone makes r2 event much easier lol
    I have Thrawn, EP, Vader, ST, and Tarkin. EP, Vader, and Thrawn are g10. I’m saving up zetas for Vader. I may be able to zeta R2 by the next CLS event but I can’t count on it.

What reason are you going after vaders zeta? At this point in the game, it's not much more than a waste of zetas =(
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    Ravib wrote: »

What reason are you going after vaders zeta? At this point in the game, it's not much more than a waste of zetas =(
    I’m looking to solo pit raids.
  • Ravib wrote: »
    t0neg0d wrote: »

I’m looking to solo pit raids.

Big waste! Build up for CLS and put it on "IBAT" wiggs, CLS and thrawn solos easy
  • farqs
    116 posts Member
    The speed team is Wedge (lead), CLSz, Zolo, Biggs... you don't need thrawn but if it makes you feel better throw him in but he's not needed. You will be clearing the pit in 6 minutes on auto
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    farqs wrote: »
    The speed team is Wedge (lead), CLSz, Zolo, Biggs... you don't need thrawn but if it makes you feel better throw him in but he's not needed. You will be clearing the pit in 6 minutes on auto
    Don’t even have Han. I heard CLS could maybe Solo with Teebo, R2, Rex, and Thrawn.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    farqs wrote: »
    Don’t even have Han. I heard CLS could maybe Solo with Teebo, R2, Rex, and Thrawn.

CLS can solo on his own if you have decent gear good mods and pay attention.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I solo it without good mods.
    Tarkin lead, CLS, Thrawn, Jyn, Old Ben

Thrawn's abilities were all at lvl 3

Jyn and CLS provide more than enough turnmeter removal, some extra clutch turnmeter removal from OB and Tarkin. Even add Thrawn's fracture on top of that, and it's just autoable.

Definitely not the fastest solo squad but I use what I have with mods.

Tarkin is 150ish speed, Thrawn 180ish, CLS 210 something, Jyn at 160? or something.

Just 30 speed arrows on everybody but CLS and Old Ben. Old Ben has no mods at all.