Imperial Troopers

CoastalJames
2971 posts Member
edited January 2018
So, I've been playing the game for a while, enjoying it. Having some success and learning a lot.

I'm f2p and have probably eased off a bit about stressing to get the Legendary characters. I've got Thrawn, R2 and Raid Han and they're all serving me well. Will probably get CLS next time around, but not really got anything for Jedi Rey. I'm not fussed anymore - I play to have fun not add more stress to my life!

Anyway...for fun- I've got an urge to build up an Imperial trooper team. I've got -

Veers
Stormtrooper
Snowtrooper
Deathtrooper
Magmatrooper

And I know I need to get Shoretrooper.

Veers lead I'm guessing? Can any other characters be brought into the squad? Thrawn maybe?

What are the uses of this team if any?

Can anyone see any big events in the future that might require this team?

General pros and cons?

As ever, would be great to hear from you fine bunch. Thank you.

Best regards.
Post edited by CoastalJames on

Replies

• snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    If you’re not going for Thrawn, Director Krennic is a fun choice for lead. He can be bought in the guild events store and if you use shore, snow, death, and veers to round out and you mod for crits, it can get crazy.
  • Remove Magmatrooper. add Starck.
    The Trooper team I prefer is...
    Veers (l), Snowtrooper, Shoretrooper, Deathtrooper, and Starck.
    It’s good in TB and TW.
    It is good in GW, Cantina battles and DS hard nodes.
    I use them in HAAT p2.
    Not great in arena but I stay in the 300’s if I remove Snowtrooper and add Thrawn, could do better perhaps at higher gear. Mine are g10/9.
    Great for any event that can use DS or Empire.

Solid team and I’m happy with them. Good in many game modes. Just don’t expect magic in squad arena.
  • Don’t forget that the troopers are a hard counter to nightsisters!
  • I run a veers lead, snowtrooper, shore trooper, starck and death trooper and they are completely viable at 5 star and amazing
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i don't think troopers are suited to leave on def in arena, atleast not for players on similar leaderboards as my own.
    However, they're unmatched in ds tb (maybe NS are better, but NS isn't an option for me due to lack of stars). My starck isn't yet 7*, but zveers (L), DT, Shore, Storm and Snow also get the job done in phase 6. (all g11).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • It's a little off topic. Curious what gear/characters players are using to get imperial probe droid shards.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Veers (L), Starck, Snow, Shore, Storm.

Works wonders in DS TB and vs. NS in Arena.

It also leaves DT available for u to use zDT/DK under Thrawn in a 2nd team.
  • snarzenal wrote: »
    If you’re not going for Thrawn, Director Krennic is a fun choice for lead. He can be bought in the guild events store and if you use shore, snow, death, and veers to round out and you mod for crits, it can get crazy.

Thanks for the reply. As stated I've got Thrawn.
    Azphat12 wrote: »
    Remove Magmatrooper. add Starck.
    The Trooper team I prefer is...
    Veers (l), Snowtrooper, Shoretrooper, Deathtrooper, and Starck.
    It’s good in TB and TW.
    It is good in GW, Cantina battles and DS hard nodes.
    I use them in HAAT p2.
    Not great in arena but I stay in the 300’s if I remove Snowtrooper and add Thrawn, could do better perhaps at higher gear. Mine are g10/9.
    Great for any event that can use DS or Empire.

Solid team and I’m happy with them. Good in many game modes. Just don’t expect magic in squad arena.

Interesting, thanks. No, I wouldn't expect them to do much in Arena. And I'm pleased with Arena team, don't want to change them. Will look into getting Starck. But may not bust my cajones trying to get him.
    Antares wrote: »
    Don’t forget that the troopers are a hard counter to nightsisters!

I did hear that. I don't seem to run into NS that much but worth knowing.
    leef wrote: »
    However, they're unmatched in ds tb...

Interesting, thanks.

Thanks also @Poxx

Sounds like it's worth a shot then :smile:

• Poxx wrote: »

This is my trooper team, for exactly the reason listed. DT is my allstar, but troopers don't need him and he can go anchor another team with Krennic.

Pretty much any combination will work, provided you have Veers lead and Snow in there. Those 2 spots are required.
  • Pretty much any combination will work, provided you have Veers lead and Snow in there. Those 2 spots are required.

Hmm, thanks.

• Poxx wrote: »

This is my trooper team, for exactly the reason listed. DT is my allstar, but troopers don't need him and he can go anchor another team with Krennic.

Pretty much any combination will work, provided you have Veers lead and Snow in there. Those 2 spots are required.

Does Veers have to lead? I thought his synergy with troopers was on his unique, not his lead ability.

Yes, however his lead adds 30% offense , 20 speed m and 10% TM when they gain a buff, so his lead is very useful for a trooper squad because it does make them get moving very very fast and helps them hit very hard.
  • DedrickRogue
    924 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Poxx wrote: »

Does Veers have to lead? I thought his synergy with troopers was on his unique, not his lead ability.

Yes, however his lead adds 30% offense , 20 speed m and 10% TM when they gain a buff, so his lead is very useful for a trooper squad because it does make them get moving very very fast and helps them hit very hard.

This is exactly right. Between Veers passing out Speed Up & Offense Up, Shore giving out Crit Imunity, Storm giving Def Up, and Starck giving Crit Chance & Crit Damage, the 10% TM from each buff really adds up quickly.

Plus he's the only Trooper with a leader ability, so since a full squad is required for DSTB, he's all but mandatory.