Fair Fix for Nightsister Zombie

Prev1
Daker
109 posts Member
I think that the best, fairest way to fix Nightsister Zombie (and nightsister teams in general) is this:

Nightsister Zombie revives once per star for stars 1 through 4, and then twice per star for stars 5 through 7, as follows:

1* - 1 revive
2* - 2 revives
3* - 3 revives
4* - 4 revives
5* - 6 revives
6* - 8 revives
7* - 10 revives

I dont have a problem with zombie's mechanics at all. I have a people with people purposefully using a weak, G11 3* Zombie and Talzin in a 70k power squad to beat maxed G12 105k+ power teams.

The purpose of this game is to grind and buy gear to make characters better amd more viable. As thinga stand, a 2* zombie with no gear is better than a G12 7* one. That hurts the games profitability AND the players that actually spend on their rosters.

Currently, all you need to take #1 in the arena, or beat any territory war battle, is a 3* Talzin and 3* Zombie with a decently geared Ventress and Acolyte. That is broken and needs to be fixed. If you make zombies deaths count, it preserves his usability, while making gear and stars count again.

Replies

• Lol, there are many threads about this, as well as threads about truly better NS squads, which use high geared zombie, as well as has been pointed out , adapt to the combat and use appropriate chars to take them out. They are ridiculously easy to beat with several other squads.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Pass.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Daker
    109 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Lol, there are many threads about this, as well as threads about truly better NS squads, which use high geared zombie, as well as has been pointed out , adapt to the combat and use appropriate chars to take them out. They are ridiculously easy to beat with several other squads.

They may be ridiculously easy to beat, but that ignores the problem. People that put 0 effort into their roster can beat mega whale teams ridiculously easy with free 3* characters. That costs players at the top of the arena refreshes and takes away all incentive to spend or work on your teams. Currently, all you need to take #1 in the arena is 2 free 3* chars and 3 free others. Gear? Stars? Mods? Mostly irrelevant. Just mail it in and play nightsisters and you win.

Regardless of what you think that you "deserve," this game isnt a charity, and if no one pays, the game wont be around for anyone to play. 70k teams with 3* don't deserve #1 in the arena, and these ridiculous zombie teams are ruining the game for everyone else.
  • Daker wrote: »
    Lol, there are many threads about this, as well as threads about truly better NS squads, which use high geared zombie, as well as has been pointed out , adapt to the combat and use appropriate chars to take them out. They are ridiculously easy to beat with several other squads.

They may be ridiculously easy to beat, but that ignores the problem. People that put 0 effort into their roster can beat mega whale teams ridiculously easy with free 3* characters. That costs players at the top of the arena refreshes and takes away all incentive to spend or work on your teams. Currently, all you need to take #1 in the arena is 2 free 3* chars and 3 free others. Gear? Stars? Mods? Mostly irrelevant. Just mail it in and play nightsisters and you win.

Regardless of what you think that you "deserve," this game isnt a charity, and if no one pays, the game wont be around for anyone to play. 70k teams with 3* don't deserve #1 in the arena, and these ridiculous zombie teams are ruining the game for everyone else.

Don't start making assumptions that make you look like a fool. I run a nice little thrawn squad and I tear the NS squads apart easily.

If you are unable to adapt to changes in arena squads that's on your head, not on anyone else's..

Also, making assumptions that people,put zero effort into squads they built is ridiculous , whether they use a NS with zombie or not, they still have to gear the squad up. If your losing to two three star chars in a squad, one being gear 2/3 or whatever , then it sound like the issue is in the offense side of the match. Power rating of a squad does not mean that it is better or unbeatable. Not to mention that top arena ranks mean every squad is beatable.
    ....As thinga stand, a 2* zombie with no gear is better than a G12 7* one.....
    Currently, all you need to take #1 in the arena, or beat any territory war battle, is a 3* Talzin and 3* Zombie with a decently geared Ventress and Acolyte.
    Daker wrote: »
    Currently, all you need to take #1 in the arena is 2 free 3* chars and 3 free others. Gear? Stars? Mods? Mostly irrelevant. Just mail it in and play nightsisters and you win.
    These statements are blatantly false. You shouldn't need to (enormously) exaggerate to make a point, especially when your opinion is shared by multiple people numerous times a day on this forum, it just detracts from the point you are attempting to make.

I get you dislike zombie, and feel it's unfair. I get that you erroneously perceive that GP means anything/everything on a basis for judging Arena strength, and can't stomach getting bumped by a "weaker" team. This is a perfectly acceptable opinion to have, even if I don't share it.

Before you ask, nope I don't run Sisters in arena, and have no plans to. I haven't even put any real gear/levels into a single NS not named Asajj.
  • How do you fix something that isn't broken?
  • While I agree nightsisters should have been implemented with something like the OP suggestion, I despise nerfing even more. People spent real money for nightsisters because of the way CG made them work. Changing at this point would be worse for the game than the blunder they made with zombie initially. In my view.

Ps , I don't think any abilities are tied to stars, so i think endless hoarde should have been a zeta, or unlocked at a certain gear level
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner

Elect a politician?

Elect a politician?

^^^ First Place right here ;)

Don't start making assumptions that make you look like a fool. I run a nice little thrawn squad and I tear the NS squads apart easily.

If you are unable to adapt to changes in arena squads that's on your head, not on anyone else's..

Also, making assumptions that people,put zero effort into squads they built is ridiculous , whether they use a NS with zombie or not, they still have to gear the squad up. If your losing to two three star chars in a squad, one being gear 2/3 or whatever , then it sound like the issue is in the offense side of the match. Power rating of a squad does not mean that it is better or unbeatable. Not to mention that top arena ranks mean every squad is beatable.

Apparently, the trolls are out in full force today.

I have a 3.1m GP roster. I have a 7* Talzin G11/12 Nightsister squad with good mods. I have a 7* all G12+ Jedi Rey team with great mods. I have a 7* G12 maxed CLS team with great mods. And I have a G11 Imperial Trooper squad with great mods. All toons almost fully zetaed. 3 if 4 of those teams beat NS teams handily on OFFENSE.

I have 5 arena quality squads on speed dial that I can switch in without even switching mods. My problem isnt that I dont have the firepower or the characters. The problem is that AI on DEFENSE hits zombie over, and over, and over, and over until your defensive team dies. A 100k+ team cant hold against a 70k 3* Nightsister team. I dont care how you interpret power ratings, but no team with 2 3* toons should EVER beat a maxed 7* team.
    Currently, all you need to take #1 in the arena, or beat any territory war battle, is a 3* Talzin and 3* Zombie with a decently geared Ventress and Acolyte.
    Currently, all you need to take #1 in the arena is 2 free 3* chars and 3 free others. Gear? Stars? Mods? Mostly irrelevant. Just mail it in and play nightsisters and you win.
    These statements are blatantly false. You shouldn't need to (enormously) exaggerate to make a point, especially when your opinion is shared by multiple people numerous times a day on this forum, it just detracts from the point you are attempting to make.

I get you dislike zombie, and feel it's unfair. I get that you erroneously perceive that GP means anything/everything on a basis for judging Arena strength, and can't stomach getting bumped by a "weaker" team. This is a perfectly acceptable opinion to have, even if I don't share it.

Before you ask, nope I don't run Sisters in arena, and have no plans to. I haven't even put any real gear/levels into a single NS not named Asajj.

I have a maxed 101k Jedi Rey team (all G12+) and a maxed 105k CLS team that I run with Han and Thrawn (all G12+). I also have a 70k Nightsister team in my arena shard with 3* Talzin and 3* Zombie that beats BOTH.

That is a fact...
  • Not our fault the are at 3 stars. Gear 11 level 85 3 star zombies are CG's fault as that toon isnt really farmable yet.

I have a 3.1m GP roster. I have a 7* Talzin G11/12 Nightsister squad with good mods. I have a 7* all G12+ Jedi Rey team with great mods. I have a 7* G12 maxed CLS team with great mods. And I have a G11 Imperial Trooper squad with great mods. All toons almost fully zetaed. 3 if 4 of those teams beat NS teams handily on OFFENSE.

I have 5 arena quality squads on speed dial that I can switch in without even switching mods. My problem isnt that I dont have the firepower or the characters. The problem is that AI on DEFENSE hits zombie over, and over, and over, and over until your defensive team dies. A 100k+ team cant hold against a 70k 3* Nightsister team. I dont care how you interpret power ratings, but no team with 2 3* toons should EVER beat a maxed 7* team.

Whatever you say ,
  • But to counter your proposal i say this...

I think and have always thought that Expose should unstealth enemies. That would easily solve the nightsister "problem"

I have a maxed 101k Jedi Rey team (all G12+) and a maxed 105k CLS team that I run with Han and Thrawn (all G12+). I also have a 70k Nightsister team in my arena shard with 3* Talzin and 3* Zombie that beats BOTH.

That is a fact...

I think it's wonderful and my Rey and CLS teams are better than yours.

Whatever you say ,

My ally code is 121-652-965...look me up...
  • @Daker

I'm just going to throw out there I don't have a problem with how nightsisters work or the mechanics of zombies revive

The defensive ai is the way it is, the only time it focuses on a single character is if there is a taunt, or all but one character is in stealth.

There is another team that at 70k can wreck any other team on offense and that is a zeta finn resistance team with a super fast poe

It sounds to me like you are saying nerf nightsisters which I disagree with (I don't use them I just hate nerfs)

If there is an actual ai targeting bug I would say report it
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    @Daker

The defensive ai is the way it is, the only time it focuses on a single character is if there is a taunt, or all but one character is in stealth.

I don't run NS, but I've run against them plenty. I can easily beat them if I'm controlling the match, typically in under 1 minute. But I can't run against them in auto because the AI does repeatedly attack a non-taunting zombie. It's broken.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    @Daker

I don't run NS, but I've run against them plenty. I can easily beat them if I'm controlling the match, typically in under 1 minute. But I can't run against them in auto because the AI does repeatedly attack a non-taunting zombie. It's broken.

Soooooooooooo......don't run auto?
    @Daker

If that is the real issue here, I'm going to laugh really hard. Zombie taunts. Draws all fire until killed, BUT, BECAUSE ZOMBIE INSTANTLY REVIVES, the AI does not switch targeting to another char. Try it out against an SRP, you will get the same result, as long as SRP is buffed, taunts, he revives , and the AI will stay focussed on him.

Course, don't use auto works too lol
  • Hi. Use AoE. You're welcome.

Look. The problem isn't with the zombie. The problem isn't with the initiate. The problem is that you aren't willing to change up your team to beat that combination. Add Lando, use Wedge. With Resistance, use R2 and just burn everything to the ground. Using Dark Side? Literally every Dark character has an AoE.

You have all the tools you need, just use them.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Hi. Use AoE. You're welcome.

Look. The problem isn't with the zombie. The problem isn't with the initiate. The problem is that you aren't willing to change up your team to beat that combination. Add Lando, use Wedge. With Resistance, use R2 and just burn everything to the ground. Using Dark Side? Literally every Dark character has an AoE.

You have all the tools you need, just use them.

This. If you could beat any team coming and going with your current team, why keep playing?
    @Daker

Soooooooooooo......don't run auto?

I think you missed the point of my post. Except for testing purposes, I don't run on auto against NS. But .... thanks for the tip? ;)

I was implying (based on my experience running against them on auto) that the defensive AI repeatedly attacking a non-taunting zombie may be a factor in why people with low geared/modded NS squads win more on offense than they otherwise would. It may or may not be a significant factor, but if the AI would change targeting when the taunt drops, that 'blue zombie' squad that many people complain about may not even be relevant against high-end arena squads.
    @Daker

If that is the real issue here, I'm going to laugh really hard. Zombie taunts. Draws all fire until killed, BUT, BECAUSE ZOMBIE INSTANTLY REVIVES, the AI does not switch targeting to another char. Try it out against an SRP, you will get the same result, as long as SRP is buffed, taunts, he revives , and the AI will stay focussed on him.

Course, don't use auto works too lol

I don't often (ever) see SRP in my arena. But that's a good point. I'm gonna have to check that out.
  • I have seen video of the fact that auto battle does get jammed on zombie and that sucks for the people that try to auto but yeah just don't auto in that case not the end of the world

I haven't used nightsisters so I don't know how the defense AI handles them which like I said if the ai does the same as auto battle it will need to be recorded and posted as a bug

I don't believe it does though because for it to do that with zombie you would think it would do that with any taunt and I'm pretty sure I have seen the ai change targets on its own when taunt expires ( I don't use tanks often and haven't paid much attention so I will double check this) again a few people who use nightsisters can probably confirm this though

Elect a politician?

Was this foreshadowing the TW bug? Something that wasn't broken now needs to be fixed
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Merge to tears thread, which we need. How many crybaby Ns threads do we need??
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I dont care how you interpret power ratings, but no team with 2 3* toons should EVER beat a maxed 7* team.

Because?
  • t0neg0d wrote: »
    I dont care how you interpret power ratings, but no team with 2 3* toons should EVER beat a maxed 7* team.

Because?

Don't misquote me, that is not what I said at all @t0neg0d , try quoting properly,

Whatever you say ,

There ya go,

Elect a politician?

Was this foreshadowing the TW bug? Something that wasn't broken now needs to be fixed

Yeah but TW was broken. Something went wrong last time with number of squads per area so I expect while fixing that they broke the counters. Now why they broke the number of squads in the first place......