Foresight and idea to help balance

As we all know Foresight is a pain to deal with. To my memory, there are only three characters whose basic attack ignores it: Grievous, Wampa, and Vader (Jedi only).

My thought is, what if Advantage also neutralized foresight. Then to balance it further so Advantage doesn't become too over-powering. If the enemy has foresight, advantage will ignore the foresight, but only grant the normal crit chance of the character (i.e. Critical hit is not guaranteed). If the character does not have foresight, Advantage is a guaranteed critical hit.

That would allow for more squads to have a chance against a RJT squad and yet not be too OP that it would wipe them out.

I've only been able to beat a RJT squad with three different setups. 1. Another RJT squad, 2. Nightsisters hybrid (MT, Asajj, Zombie, GK, R2) and 3. Thrawn squad (Thrawn, DT, Krennic, Shore, random toon).

Just a thought to help balance some of the game.

Replies

• Options
    I actually wouldnt mind this, especially since i run FO ;)
  • Options
    Just no, foresight needs to be strengthened not weakened.

foresight is a lot of characters, most with low health pools, primary source of defenc.

it has already been made pretty much useless since han can kill all of them with one double shot through it, not to mention DN annihilate and savages instant kill on less than 50% health both completely ignore it.

plus grievous, Wampa and Vader who all ignore it.

If \ when Vader gets a rework that will be 4 of the most powerful characters in the game that it would be useless against.
  • DedrickRogue
    924 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

If \ when Vader gets a rework that will be 4 of the most powerful characters in the game that it would be useless against.

Not really, foresight is fine as it is.

You think Vader, Grevious and Wampa are 3 of the 4 most powerful characters in the game?!

Ps 4 characters that can ignore on basic, and a half dozen or so that have a Special that ignores it does NOT mean it's anywhere close to useless, even if Han can shoot through it.
  • Options
    i think advanatge should be able to cancel crit hit immunity so a normal crit chance is rolled
  • Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    i think advanatge should be able to cancel crit hit immunity so a normal crit chance is rolled

I so agree advantage needs a boost. Many attackers can be modded so crit chance is already near 100. Canceling out crit immunity would be perfect IMO.
  • Options
    The reason I brought this up, is that FO has zero chance against a RJT crew.

I like the other idea of advantage though.

If foresight is for toons with less than great health/prot/defense, then why does GK get it? He has plenty of all three. And if Grievous and Vader are so powerful, why aren't they in any top 20 arena team? Wampa is making sporadic appearances and I expect more as more people get him to 7*. Vader only can't be evaded against Jedi.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Ryzak620 wrote: »
    The reason I brought this up, is that FO has zero chance against a RJT crew.

Well first order should have zero chance against a rjt. First order need legendary characters not a buff to their existing toons. The normal rjt has three event/legendary journey characters. No team of all normal characters should have a solid chance.
  • Options
    Foresight is pretty weak. Raid han also goes through it and if someone is stunned foresight doesn't work. It's one Of The weaker buffs imo
  • Options

You think Vader, Grevious and Wampa are 3 of the 4 most powerful characters in the game?!

Ps 4 characters that can ignore on basic, and a half dozen or so that have a Special that ignores it does NOT mean it's anywhere close to useless, even if Han can shoot through it.

No I think Han, DN, Vader(if reworked) and Wampa are some of the most powerful characters in the game. All of which can ignore foresight
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    As we all know Foresight is a pain to deal with. To my memory, there are only three characters whose basic attack ignores it: Grievous, Wampa, and Vader (Jedi only).

My thought is, what if Advantage also neutralized foresight.

Raid Han's basic also ignores foresight.
    Basics that attack multiple times (Dooku, Leia, Ezra....) will have their second (and third) attacks hit.

When calling assists (specials) the assisting attackers will hit.

Advantage ignoring foresight? No, thank you. Foresight may be annoying, but it's certainly not over powered.
  • Options

No I think Han, DN, Vader(if reworked) and Wampa are some of the most powerful characters in the game. All of which can ignore foresight

I won't go into how I disagree, because opinions and all that, but surely you can see the folly of claiming that "Vader(if reworked)" is one of the most powerful characters in the game, right?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I've only been able to beat a RJT squad with three different setups. 1. Another RJT squad, 2. Nightsisters hybrid (MT, Asajj, Zombie, GK, R2) and 3. Thrawn squad (Thrawn, DT, Krennic, Shore, random toon).

GK + Zarris still works great against JTR teams. GK, Zarriss, R2, Zolo and Thrawn. It just gets attacked often on defense.

Rex lead works great as well to clear/prevent debuffs, f.ex. Rex, R2, GK, Zolo and MT.

• Options
    You do realize that you're asking for change in game mechanics because you don't like the outcome of fighting a better arena squad, yeah?