Sorry Phipps

Replies

• I knew about Avoich but I will target Macemag as well.
    Empire Relic
  • I attacked macemag with 9 minutes left and then I got a phone call in the middle of the fight and just got off the phone now. I finished 2nd somehow.

@Insufferable_camper without yoda and anakin for speed and a little aoe I can't beat lineups with a taunt character. I switch yoda and anakin for savage and lumira based on that.
  • @Predian oh, okay. Maybe it is just how I approached you before. I tried taking Savage out first to avoid all the counters and it seemed like it took forever to take him out.
    Empire Relic
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Yeah I saw Calvo move to 6. So i figured he would target me next as I think you can attack 2 from the 6 spot? So with 16 min left in 2nd place I took first from Predian. Then the poo tornado went into effect from there. I mean of all the places that can attack first why does it have to be the 5 spot of someone who is never even up there with us. I assumed it was Predian fighting me back which is what I wanted and expected. That would meant I would of been back in 2nd at the 6 min mark once Predian beat me. Instead it was freek, knocked back to 5, and all 4 spots ahead of me were locked out.

• Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    I would of placed higher if I was inactive...good job me....,btw....I almost lost to you again Predian when I attacked you. I always forget you have a counter team and I used sids aoe on his 2nd turn after the poggle buff.....big mistake you had 3 guys counter and he went from full health to dead in a heart beat.
  • Insufferable_camper
    682 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Avouch looks to be active right now, so he might be attacking one of you soon @Predian @Phipps @LordAlvert
    Empire Relic
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    I used only 4 fights today. Only 1 in the last hour before my payout when I was in 2nd and didn't even need to.
    I'm at the point with arena where it's so frustrating I'm about to ignore pay outs and just attack the villains on my hit list any time I see them on my screen. Let's face it there is zero skill or thought regarding winning and the payout structure, whether we place 1st or 10th. It's mash buttons and hope your the lucky one that gets a fight inside a 2 second refresh window while someone isn't getting attacked.

I think I'll find more enjoyment annoying others first, then if randomly get lucky and place good as well then that's just a bonus.

Leeeeeroyyyyyyy Jenkinsssss style
  • If you really want to, hit Avouch with about 10 minutes left in the hour and just wait till the end of the match to kill him @Phipps
    Empire Relic
  • I'm out of fights for the night and not going to buy more.

What's happened to calvo lately? He's not as aggressive as he used to be. I'm hypothesizing that he spent his vast GoH fortune on grievous and has become depressed with the results.
  • I love the Sid AoE - counter attack murder move.
  • Wow, Avouch is a whale, he must have a war chest of crystals to burn. He constantly refreshes during battle times.
    Empire Relic
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Hey @Insufferable_camper saw you at one 15 mins to payout then five then two... Avouch?

Okay let's keep the list: avouch, macemag, calvo, are we adding freek and fn2184 along with calvo?

It's annoying fighting out of timezone a ton right before big time zones.

I just pounded avouch outta first heading into my time zone...
  • Datt
    23 posts Member
    calvo attacked me and hit 3rd instead of attacking you Predian. I hit him back then refreshed to fight again immediately. 1-4 was in combat.

I wonder if his team has issues with yours. They aren't the highest damage and your counters/hp might cause issues
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    @Phipps, sorry I took you out of the Top10, but I did not want to risk attacking the chinese guy and have him come back. I had to leave before payout and I knew you had already claimed the hour before.
  • @LordAlvert , yes two days in a row he has supplanted me and then as soon as that happens, he is immediately engaged in another battle. This happens several times throughout the hour, so he is burning a bunch of 50 crystal refreshes. I took 2nd, but I guess I will have to start the late minute sniping technique. I think he is a serious whale and it looks like he is attacking people at all hours.
    Empire Relic
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Another strategy would be to hit these guys outta time zone like I could hit them with 15 minutes left in eastern to help you guys out to prevent their sniping and take 4:45 to kill them. I am slowly working my way up then... @Insufferable_camper tell me when you want me to take on avouch. I am happy to hold him in a 5 minute battle and then bounce him back as a lead into my time zone. After you guys payouts same thing. Anyone wanna pop macemag 10-15 before pacific would be nice ...
  • I have one battle left, I will try to tie up Macemag tonight if I can, just let me know when.
    Empire Relic
  • Wow, Avoich is trying to take first in Pacific too.
    Empire Relic
  • I've been looking for my server for a while now... and I have finally found you guys!! I don't know if you guys have noticed but I am that FN2184 guy (I know, got the number wrong lol) and I've been at the top in recent times; hope I wasn't too mean with some of the snipping I did... but I was just wondering when are your payouts? Maybe I can join the alliance you guys seemed to have formed and get some sort of truce going? Not sure how you guys go on about this whole thing so would be great if you fill me in!
  • Insufferable_camper
    682 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @xX2PR0_YodaXx I am Empire Relic, and I am in Central time zone USA. Basically we have a gentlemen's agreement not to interfere with anyone in this thread during their reward time unless of course if they have the same reward time. We really try to watch out for people who are majorly interfering with others way outside of their reward time.

We also try to give each other advice about how their team plays when we battle them on offense.

So far this is what I have pieced together of people on thread:

Eastern USA:
    Phipps, Datt, Predian

Central USA:
    Empire Relic (me), Freak of nature

Pacific (USA):
    Albert Squid Squad

Hawaii:
    Pineapple

Australia (not sure about actual time zone):
    Opreich
    Empire Relic
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    @xX2PR0_YodaXx

What time zone are you?

Predian, Datt, Calvo, me are all east USA.

Basically what empire relic said above.

Plus other arena strategy. Example; 15-60 min before east payout. Predian and Datt are 1 & 2 already. Say I'm in 5th currently and 3rd and 4th are ppl not in our time zone or we don't know. Sure from 5th I could fight 1 or 2 and win and kick them back to 5th....bad strategy. Since I know I'll get targeted back by them....I fight 3rd first and take that. This way as payout approaches if we are fighting ourselves for top 3 it yields long term higher payout rates for everyone. So instead of us fighting back and forth from 1 to 5 it's 1 to 3.
  • Makes sense, I'm part of the Eastern time zone so I guess all 4 of us can help each other lockdown top 5 everyday.

Also I am pretty flexible with my times as I go to college so if any of you guys need help locking down a spot or someone, I could do that.

And since you guys have probably played me couple times, how easy is it to take me out? Just out of curiosity cuz with some of you guys, I know I need a bit of luck to get the W but with others, it's pretty much a guaranteed win if I play it right.
  • Insufferable_camper
    682 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Other time zones we have reasoned out but have not commented on this thread are:

Eastern USA:
    Calvo, Freek,

Central USA:
    Avouch, Lamb, Broby

Pacific USA:
    Macemag?

Australia:
    Chronotopic

We are uncertain about others like:
    Taramel, Maeda Nik, Matter, and no one knows about Chinese character guy.
    Empire Relic
  • @Insufferable_camper my payout is AEDT. UTC +11
  • @ Opreich I am hard asleep when your payout occurs, I am curious, do you experience the same chaos during your payout hour that we see during Eastern and Central USA time zones?
    Empire Relic
  • @Phipps
    Alright well I'll be sure not to make that mistake haha! that way we can all be competing for top 4 and lock each other out, thanks for the tip!
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    East coast gets boned big time, 1/2 the top 20 is our time zone
  • Yeah I noticed... do you generally use 1 refresh of crystals?
  • I usually use one refresh, and I have heard some others on here say as much too.
    Empire Relic
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    I do 1 or no refresh, depending on how much time I have. I am in rank 18 already somit looks like tomorrow I'll start around 40...