How to STOP doing damage?

Prev1
Dralkyr
457 posts Member
edited January 2018
I just joined a new guild with damage caps to ensure spots 1 and 2 each raid. Please don't debate or comment on that that, that's not the purpose of this post. My problem is that if I put my good Rancor teams in and hit Auto, I will go over that cap. How can you STOP doing damage and keep the damage marked?
Post edited by Dralkyr on

Replies

• They sound like lame rancor rules. Id join a new guild.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Don't hit auto.

Seems rather obvious but otherwise I can't tell what your question is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Don't hit auto.

Seems rather obvious but otherwise I can't tell what your question is.

That was more to say that my teams can do it even without manual control. If I'm taking manual control it's even more damage.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    So I guess you're asking how you can post the damage already done if you're getting close to the cap?

That's a good question actually. You can try escaping but the odds of everyone getting out aren't worth contemplating.

I'm not sure there's a way to do what you want.
  • Use a different squad is the best advice I can give. TM manipulators are probably your main problem. You can't die if the boss never gets a turn.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    1. Don't use your best Rancor teams anymore
    2. Use the Escape function to start pulling out when you are getting close; even if it fails it will help the Rancor kill you
  • Escape...
  • Even with a TM squad, you can manually use non-TM abilities so that the Boss gets a few turns while you try to escape. Either you get out, or you get killed. But, isn't the damage cap usually set pretty low in guilds that use that system? In that case, it's probably better to not use your best squad.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Use a weaker team.
  • Find a different guild......
  • Ferret2112 wrote: »
    Find a different guild......

Lovely disregard of the second sentence of my original post.
  • How big is your damage cap? You could work out where you need to stop based on that approximately couldn't you.
  • How big is your damage cap? You could work out where you need to stop based on that approximately couldn't you.

Damage cap is basically 1m. It's a little more complicated than that, but it usually works out to 1m.
  • Do they open damage immediately on launch ? If so, use several weaker teams. If using stronger team, try to escape your toons well in time - once you manage to get two or three out, the rest shouldn’t stay long. Just avoid using TMR at that moment...
    However, I wouldn’t stay in that guild. That rule is pretty much obsolete, they will hold you down in your development.
  • The guild has lots of level 85, but also quite a few at lower levels. Basically, 2 players are chosen to clear P1 which is ~1m damage each. Then after they've confirmed their P1 clear the rest of us are allowed to hit it, as long as we don't go over either of the P1 hitters. It's to make sure everyone can get more Han shards instead of a few of us running through the whole thing everytime. I'm fine here for now, just didn't know how to stop damage when I throw CLS at the rancor.
  • Get a new guild.
  • I gotta say, that system sounds awful.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Our guild just recently has gotten 8-10 Rancor soloists. We do the 24 hour zero damage thing, then it's a free-for-all. But we also do one "Baby Pit" a week where soloists and 7-star Han owners are asked to do zero damage, for everyone else it's free-for-all but with an (approx.) 1m damage cap. Generally works pretty well.
  • Ambassador wrote: »
    Do they open damage immediately on launch ? If so, use several weaker teams. If using stronger team, try to escape your toons well in time - once you manage to get two or three out, the rest shouldn’t stay long. Just avoid using TMR at that moment...
    However, I wouldn’t stay in that guild. That rule is pretty much obsolete, they will hold you down in your development.

What's wrong with the rule? Are you talking about a damage cap that applies to everyone or damage caps so that 1 or 2 can be privileged to get their spots?

I don't see how a general damage cap stifles development.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    The biggest problem I see is that their system is too complicated.
  • If i leave the guild can i take my request from rancor?? When this event gone?
  • Luckily, I'm the only one in my guild who can fully solo the Hrancor, and with only 2 toons!
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    I was the only member of my guild to be able to solo the rancor and they implemented a damage cap because they thought it was unfair that others couldn't score high on the board after our 0-damage window was finished. It was a ridiculous system that pandered to weaker members that didn't invest in their teams the way they should have. Being the member that brought them to HPit, I left and am now in a guild that farms HPit and HAAT on the reg.

That being said, I know that's not the feedback you're looking for, so here's my legit feedback to what you're trying to accomplish: The general method of trying to cap your damage is gauging the percentage health of the boss. I forget the exact numbers, but they're not hard to find on google. Once you're at 800k ish, that's when you want to start retreating (or start off with fewer team members to begin with, or using weaker teams in general), and try to use a lot of non-attack abilities to stall yourself. Like Health equalizing abilities, or CLS's 3rd ability that gives him 100% TM. These help either getting your team killed faster, or getting your team ready to try to retreat again. Someone above mentioned trying to retreat really early on, so those methods of gaining extra turns helps with trying to retreat again.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Or use the bot for discord to calculate the dmg by %. It'll tell you exactly what % you are shooting for. /shrug
  • alrdy people told u how to get less dmg, mainly use non tm manipulating abilities (hard to do with cls as he removes tm on everything he does, so dnt use him) and use weaker team
    P2: 1,000,000 damage is about 33.26% of the Rancor health.
    P3: 1,000,000 damage is about 30.41% of the Rancor health.
    P4: 1,000,000 damage is about 47.10% of the Rancor health.

thats ur percentages for 1M dmg in each phase
  • I used Ackbar (L), CLS, R2. Once I was approaching the cap I just had CLS hitting the door and AA/R2 hitting the rancor so he got enough TM to hit me, while trying to retreat CLS. It worked.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Ariben wrote: »
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Do they open damage immediately on launch ? If so, use several weaker teams. If using stronger team, try to escape your toons well in time - once you manage to get two or three out, the rest shouldn’t stay long. Just avoid using TMR at that moment...

What's wrong with the rule? Are you talking about a damage cap that applies to everyone or damage caps so that 1 or 2 can be privileged to get their spots?

I don't see how a general damage cap stifles development.

The problem with the rule is it holds people back. The bottom of the guild shouldn’t be dictating what the top of the guild does. They should be racing to catch up and the top players should be sharing strategies. It’s how people improve. Plus, if the top players feel they are being held back in any way, and they probably are in this scenario, then they will look at other guilds.

Currently our waitlist is 20 deep. Do you think it would be if people were happy with how their guild is performing?

Generally I’ve always thought the less rules the better.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Well... I agree with @sying , but I also believe there should be a standard set of rules for a given structure. For example, 24 hour zero-damage phase. Gives everyone in different time zones an equal opportunity to participate for rewards. Another example, wait an agreed upon amount of time before posting your solo damage (ours does 20 minutes). Gives all the active participants in that moment equal opportunity to tie for a full solo run once opened up to the community.

Other standardized rules, depending on the severity of the guild, could include a mandatory 600 energy spent per day for acquiring raid tickets, or daily contribution to the active Guild Activity for hitting higher tiers, thus yielding higher rewards to the entire guild. If your guild is particularly competitive, it would not be uncommon to be required to have certain characters and teams built up to participate in exclusive missions like Captain Han Solo in LS TB to unlock ROLO, or having your Phoenix Team up to par for their exclusive missions.

So, the more or less number of rules don't necessarily dictate how smoothly a guild is run. It just determines what the common goals the members of that guild have. Now, the ability to -follow- those rules, and the conviction to -enforce- those rules with consequences or removal from the guild... Those consistencies will often determine how efficiently a guild runs.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Dralkyr wrote: »
    I used Ackbar (L), CLS, R2. Once I was approaching the cap I just had CLS hitting the door and AA/R2 hitting the rancor so he got enough TM to hit me, while trying to retreat CLS. It worked.

Doesn't CLS one or two shot the door? Surprised this helps. To be honest if OP doesn't want to score >1m then should not be using CLS anyway.
  • t0neg0d wrote: »
    Or use the bot for discord to calculate the dmg by %. It'll tell you exactly what % you are shooting for. /shrug

Or you could do this... which tells you EXACTLY what % dmg you can do... smh