The REAL meta

Toons don't matter, even mods are limited. Instead the meta is actually racketeering. Find your shard mates, team up and prevent others from climbing your hill.

I am on an old shard. It's racket is locked down, and will not allow new people to join. I can barely break 20, and when I do I am knocked back hard for it. This is with a maxed CLS team with good mods. What are my options? The competitiveness is a joke; the fix is in.

Please Devs! Shuffle the shards! Breakup the group's every now and then. Otherwise, what's the point? Where is the end game? Why should we plebs even try?

Replies

• Most top 20 players can defeat each other easily. Folks that are new to this group often show the tendency to attack people outside his own payout and the old members of the top 20 club are going to kick those guys away from the top 5 just to protect their payouts, not to deny anything.

If you feel you have the power to defeat anyone you may be aware that most players can do the same to you and it is a good practice to start your climbing just when you are near your own payout. Most old timers will respect you this way.

• I do this already. I have been in contact with my group. Some say let me in. Majority said no.

I can defeat pretty much anyone on offence. I have a little trouble with strong NS, but that's it. I am not going to fight with money, and I can only climb so high when I am starting from 50 every day.

Colusion is going to kill the end game. What else is there to do other than fairly compete?

Periodic reshuffling of the shards to break these gangs up, or some other way to stop the collusion is the only way they can save the end game.
  • Do your best, dont give up, be patient
  • Easybee wrote: »
    I do this already. I have been in contact with my group. Some say let me in. Majority said no.

I can defeat pretty much anyone on offence. I have a little trouble with strong NS, but that's it. I am not going to fight with money, and I can only climb so high when I am starting from 50 every day.

Why would the majority not want you in? That doesn't make any sense.

For instance, in my shard chat there are 25 members. 8 of them are within 3 hours of my payout. I'm the only one during my hour.

The busiest hour has 5 people. Not all of them finish first.

Seems like there is lots of room for many people to place highly every day.

Is your payout in a super busy time?
  • Cassius97 wrote: »
    Easybee wrote: »
    I do this already. I have been in contact with my group. Some say let me in. Majority said no.

Why would the majority not want you in? That doesn't make any sense.

For instance, in my shard chat there are 25 members. 8 of them are within 3 hours of my payout. I'm the only one during my hour.

The busiest hour has 5 people. Not all of them finish first.

Seems like there is lots of room for many people to place highly every day.

Is your payout in a super busy time?

If he’s not a threat to them, there is no reason for them to share. The only way to get invited in is to break through and steal some of their payouts. That’s often very difficult to do alone, and potentially impossible if there is enough protection from other payouts in the chat.
  • If he’s not a threat to them, there is no reason for them to share. The only way to get invited in is to break through and steal some of their payouts. That’s often very difficult to do alone, and potentially impossible if there is enough protection from other payouts in the chat.

Yeah but usually the guys in a shard chat don't populate 20-50 on the rankings.

If this guy is getting beat back all the way to 50, maybe his team isn't that OP.

If he’s not a threat to them, there is no reason for them to share. The only way to get invited in is to break through and steal some of their payouts. That’s often very difficult to do alone, and potentially impossible if there is enough protection from other payouts in the chat.

If this guy is getting beat back all the way to 50, maybe his team isn't that OP.

CLS now on an old shard gets smoked - RJT and NS make it easy. Top-built CLS teams on my Nov '15 LB get pushed to 70+ even. RJT is just notably better. CLS is a 2nd tier build on D now no question.

They don’t? My ship chat group has 33 people in it. I sometimes fall into the 50s before making my climb into the top 5. I take the path that hits those not in our group if it’s at all reasonable. I hate that I have to do things that way. But it’s much better than not following the rules and being some of the guys we string back 20 places to make sure they don’t snipe anyone.
  • Guys, I can beat all RJT teams I face, same with CLS teams. Occasionally I can have trouble with a GK Zarris, and a powerful NS is a major challenge. My arena team has all gear done and most mods with 10+ speed secondaries, in addition to other good secondaries, and well optimized for role.

They have 20 to 30 members. Only three in my timezone, but many in the zone after me. If I stay under 20 at my payout, I fall to low thirties. When I push up past twenty I will be high 40s low 50s.

I'm not trying to cry sour grapes, but as I near end game, what is here for me? Why would I feel invested enough to drop cash, if I know the fix is in?

I see the drawbacks of the two usual suggestions: switch to highest place achieved in a day and way to many people will have way to many chrystals; reshuffle the shards and gangs will reform in no time. Instead, have a counter on how many times you place over 5 or 10, when the payout really start to ramp up. When that counter hits a limit, say 20, just that person is sent over to another shard, at some low rank. Same chrystals being paid out, but more evenly distributed. Gangs are useless. There will be some enjoyment of climbing the ladder because you can play around with toons you never get to use in that setting. Whales can still spend cash to climb right back to the top that day. Most importantly, fairness would return; you know you have a fair shot at getting to the top, even when you are at the bottom.

Imagine... You are suddenly ranked 5000. You can play you tuskans or genosians and still climb. You can pull out CUP and play him with Mob Enforcer and climb. You could put an all bomb squad together and still climb.

It would be fun, and fair, and freaking engaging as all get out. I really hope a dev reads this.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    here i was thinking it was all about buying refreshes.
    Save water, drink champagne!
This discussion has been closed.