Fears of how much GG will cost has came true

Prev1
I don't have GG in the shop yet however a friend of mine does. The pic he showed me has 3 spots.

5 for 1,125
10 for 2,250
30 for 6,750

You need 80 shards to unlock him, which should mean he starts at 4*

But the good thing is you can have him unlocked in 2 days atleast

Replies

• Whales will like this :) You can star him up pretty quickly and F2P players will have no chance at getting him anytime soon lol
  • Well, I guess that answers it for me: not even going to bother trying to farm this guy. Not spending 400,000 tokens on one character, no matter how good it is.
    Wow.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • if remains the same, ftp will never get him

lol I'm not ftp and dont see myself accumulating that many shard shop points lol

oh well! onto the next one!
  • Gotta be kidding..
    Didn't they say GG would have a better exchange?
  • So its 150 a shard for everyone else, and 225 for a Grievous shard.
    I thought he was going to be cheaper then the normal fodder, but I guess they count buying in bulk as "easier to get"
  • Love_Darts wrote: »
    So its 150 a shard for everyone else, and 225 for a Grievous shard.
    I thought he was going to be cheaper then the normal fodder, but I guess they count buying in bulk as "easier to get"

Its very simple. They lied
  • It's good to see the whales get a break even though I'm 100% F2P. Anyone willing to spend thousands on a game should get something out of it. Up until now, paying all that money has been a path to destruction for many of them. Let's hope that one character can provide them with some benefit, although we all understand that they'll still have to spend refreshes holding position like usual...
  • I saved 1k Shard Tokens, what a waste of time.
  • Eleiem wrote: »
    Gotta be kidding..

Not really, they said that he will be more convenient to aquire, and I guess he is?
  • I think they were saying quicker. In their heads this move makes complete sense.
  • It's good to see the whales get a break even though I'm 100% F2P. Anyone willing to spend thousands on a game should get something out of it. Up until now, paying all that money has been a path to destruction for many of them. Let's hope that one character can provide them with some benefit, although we all understand that they'll still have to spend refreshes holding position like usual...

Just a shame their enjoyment comes at the cost of a favorite character being out of reach for a majority of the players.
  • They never said he would be cheaper.

They said easier to acquire.

And he is, technically.
  • Why is he more expensive than the normal ones lol. EA wants us to throw moneyzz!
  • That's what I had heard was confirmed by the devs, guess EA just wants in our pockets instead.
  • That exchange rate is ridiculous. Especially for shards that have been exchanged from Chromium only characters wow.
  • Well that simplifies my farming. I can go back to normal. No hero is worth that amount of work. Yoda is even heaps easier to get.

10:1 is a bad enough ratio.
  • Eleiem wrote: »
    Gotta be kidding..

No, that he would be faster
  • Love_Darts wrote: »
    So its 150 a shard for everyone else, and 225 for a Grievous shard.

The ratio for normal toons is 10:1. So you would need to get 15 7* characters worth of shards to get 1 7* Greivous? This can't possibly be true...
  • Naecabon wrote: »
    They never said he would be cheaper.

They said easier to acquire.

And he is, technically.

this.

this is kind of what i expected to happen.
  • The joke is on us. Thank God I saved my Arena tokens the last several days instead of piling up useless extra Sid shards. What an extreme disappointment.
  • Another character that is basically a cash grab by the devs, hoping the whales will throw even more money at the screen. It's like they're just trying to make everyone else mad at this point.
  • Yep, that's it, buying Vader shards if I ever see them again.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Yeah that rate has made me close my wallet on this game.

I have spent a little over $6k on this game. It was worth it to me. But when I start seeing stuff like this, it actually makes me not to want to spend money.

I'll unlock him in 2 days and that will be the end of that. I'll keep the rest of my currency for getting the last couple shards I need on a couple toons.
  • Breetai wrote: »
    Yeah that rate has made me close my wallet on this game.

I have spent a little over $6k on this game. It was worth it to me. But when I start seeing stuff like this, it actually makes me not to want to spend money.

I'll unlock him in 2 days and that will be the end of that. I'll keep the rest of my currency for getting the last couple shards I need on a couple toons.

THIS is what we need. Sadly most whales will just buy him and move on. If everyone stood up and said "NO" to this, they'd realize that they can only milk us so far
  • LMAO

A friend of mine has spent hundreds on the game and he can only get this guy at 4*. You literally have to spend thousands to get him to 5+
  • This is beyond ridiculous, you would literally have to spend 10k on this game to 7* grievous, im ashamed to say how much ive spent on this game when i started playing but its a lot, and i only have 15 thousand shard shop currency so i couldnt even get a 4* grievous, are the devs literally out of their minds? This makes me want to puke, you literally get nothing in this game even if youve spent big time dollars
  • I'm ok with it. This keeps the whales happy and it keeps them spending. Which in turn keeps the game going for all the ftp ppl.
  • Breetai wrote: »
    Yeah that rate has made me close my wallet on this game.

good for you mate.

Need more like this to get the point accross

I'm no whale, but my wallet is shut until things change.
  • I haven't been peeved by almost any of their decisions, but this one actually stung.

I've seen too many people who begged for Yoda and the General. One's relatively free and the other is as far from free as possible. Too bad I am on the wrong end of this one.

I honestly have to shake my head at them giving a requested character to a small minority.