Character Strategy- Vice Admiral Holdo

13Next

Replies

• Tyrael1701 wrote: »
    Does her taunt work through stun? I am wondering if she is stunned and someone else loses foresight, will she still taunt or does stun prevent specials?
    Just like Royal Guard I guess she'll taunt through stun.
  • People are being upset about the +50 speed, but from what I can tell she can't control her taunt--she only taunts when an ally loses foresight. So her being faster that Poe or another tank is irrelevant. If anything it's the relative -50 speed while taunting that's strong because it'll make her taunt last longer.

R2, moving at like 350+ speed, will stealth everyone and she will start taunting essentially. Plus RJT squads have non-stop foresight currently and Holdo will give them more - so she will be taunting a lot because you're always having to fight through foresight.

This. It's not Holdo's kit by itself that is crazy - it's when you team her with her natural Resistance allies that she makes the JTRey/BB-8 arena teams ridiculous.

Ladies and gentleman, welcome to the Resistance arena era...if JTRey wasn't moving things there fast enough already.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Noataq wrote: »
    Taramel wrote: »
    @JohnnySteelAlpha in Ahnalds vid he specifically states that she only taunts when a res ally looses foresight that was granted by holdo... so she won't be taunting as much as feared.

Ahnald was mistaken. Check the in-game ability text, anytime a resistance ally loses foresight, Holdo gains taunt.

This is how it works. Just ran her in GW with ScavRey - as soon as ScavRey was attacked (after she had used her double-whack to gain foresight), Holdo taunted. Ahnald was indeed mistaken.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    People are being upset about the +50 speed, but from what I can tell she can't control her taunt--she only taunts when an ally loses foresight. So her being faster that Poe or another tank is irrelevant. If anything it's the relative -50 speed while taunting that's strong because it'll make her taunt last longer.

R2, moving at like 350+ speed, will stealth everyone and she will start taunting essentially. Plus RJT squads have non-stop foresight currently and Holdo will give them more - so she will be taunting a lot because you're always having to fight through foresight.

This. It's not Holdo's kit by itself that is crazy - it's when you team her with her natural Resistance allies that she makes the JTRey/BB-8 arena teams ridiculous.

Ladies and gentleman, welcome to the Resistance arena era...if JTRey wasn't moving things there fast enough already.

Fought a few zeta Holdos already that were gear 11 and I use Thrawn with NS and in the couple battles she was totally ineffective. I had her fractured most of the match however.
  • Fought a all G12 all zeta JTR, BB8, R2, Holdo, OB team and she was very underwhelming.

Ackbar lead with Hermit dispatched the whole team under 40 seconds.

She is way too slow and Zolo stuns her and she becomes a non factor
  • The unique as written here is misleading; it gives the impression that the zeta is required to make Holdo taunt, which does not appear to be true.
  • Lesspopmorefizz
    124 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    As a suggestion: the current format of

[COMPLETE ABILITY]

[JUST THE ZETA]

Tends to be confusing for Zetas where the effects are interpolated into the middle of the text, rather than just tacked on at the end as an additional effect or a numbers change. Holdo is a really good example. It’s not clear at all in the write up here what her unique actually even does without the zeta. As I read it it’s just a flat 50 speed unique, since she can’t taunt without a zeta. Now that’s not actually true in game, but it sure looks like that the way it’s presented here.

Maybe in the future do

[LEVEL 7]

[ZETA UPGRADE]

[COMPLETE TEXT]
  • TukkuRask
    79 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Flugsvamp wrote: »
    Fought a all G12 all zeta JTR, BB8, R2, Holdo, OB team and she was very underwhelming.

This is what I found ... too slow and her AoE, whilecertainly great on offense (she'll be in stealth obviously) will likely be suicide on defense. And although I don't have her geared up enough, even with decent protection primary/secondaries her protection is seriously low for a tank.

On offense (JTR, BB, R2, GK, Holdo) against a pretty strong Empire team she was on life support fairly quickly, though miraculously lived. She did take a little heat off GK with her taunt and did dispell him late in the match but it was a much slower fight compared to Thrawn in her place.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    At least we can use her to fill platoons when they require five of them in the next LSTB.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    She’s been surprisingly easy to gear up. I got her to g11 this morning after buying one stun gun from shipments. If you have a few things saved up, it goes quickly.
  • TukkuRask wrote: »
    Flugsvamp wrote: »
    Fought a all G12 all zeta JTR, BB8, R2, Holdo, OB team and she was very underwhelming.

This is what I found ... too slow and her AoE, whilecertainly great on offense (she'll be in stealth obviously) will likely be suicide on defense. And although I don't have her geared up enough, even with decent protection primary/secondaries her protection is seriously low for a tank.

On offense (JTR, BB, R2, GK, Holdo) against a pretty strong Empire team she was on life support fairly quickly, though miraculously lived. She did take a little heat off GK with her taunt and did dispell him late in the match but it was a much slower fight compared to Thrawn in her place.

It's an aoe daze, so unless you're up against a team with counter and tenacity up, the aoe should be ok even when not stealthed.
  • I think she’s underwhelming for arena. Double kenobi is still better than Holdo. I think she will make a nice addition to Resistance for TW but I have no plans of taking her to 7*. She’s at 5* g11 fwiw
  • What Mods are best for her would you all think?
  • Tyrael1701 wrote: »
    Does her taunt work through stun? I am wondering if she is stunned and someone else loses foresight, will she still taunt or does stun prevent specials?

No she still gains it, stuns don't prevent specials. Only buff immunity/fracture can stop it I think
  • First impression is that she is not as OP as some have feared.
  • Noataq wrote: »
    First impression is that she is not as OP as some have feared.

Yeah, its why all these "LS favouritism" complaints are hilarious, she does exactly what GK does but not as good bc of her armor...
    Its the exact opposite of what everyone thought of JTR when her kit was revealed
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    This is unfortunate.

Her auto taunting could have been great but it doesn’t seem to be fine tuned. She is basically alway taunting.

The main issue is her speed. Ok she has +50 when she doesn’t taunt but then her basic trigger a taunt therefore we never really use the extra speed ... because she is already dead.

I have tried on different configurations and unfortunately has it is she is more a Kamikaze than a tank.
  • Germi wrote: »
    This is unfortunate.

Her auto taunting could have been great but it doesn’t seem to be fine tuned. She is basically alway taunting.

The main issue is her speed. Ok she has +50 when she doesn’t taunt but then her basic trigger a taunt therefore we never really use the extra speed ... because she is already dead.

I have tried on different configurations and unfortunately has it is she is more a Kamikaze than a tank.

Well, I guess that is consistent with the movie? Disappointing though. Maybe if she had 40% armor like other tanks it would be ok.
  • Yes people have pulled her from arena teams even after using a zeta on her...one guy has kept her in and doing well, but he's got insane speed on her to make her more deadly. She doesn't help as much vs. NS as I'd have expected. It's not that she's bad, but the replacement hurdle is high as she was either replacing Thrawn, Han, or GK / Old Ben, and they're all very good characters. I think her heal doesn't come in to play as much because at that point she's likely lost her +50 speed after the first attack and she doesn't factor in the match as much. She's a viable tank you can run in arena and she will be good for TW depth, but not a gamechanger to this point at the arena level.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Tyrael1701 wrote: »

No she still gains it, stuns don't prevent specials. Only buff immunity/fracture can stop it I think

And shock and Target lock with IPD zeta'd.
  • I’m hoping we get 1 more res toon to replace r2. Seems like a long shot because r2 is probably the top toon in the game right now.
  • So after dishing out $340 to 7* this character and get her to G12 (zeta included) I can say I am thoroughly underwhelmed. She brings nothing to the table that other tanks can't already do better and is basically just there to keep JTR/R2/BB8 alive but with less utility than GK/OB/Chopper. What a waste.
  • She sucks on AI ... a lot! And on offence, she's not the tank you're looking for ... GK owns her any day of the week ... probably Old Ben too.
  • You thought Holdo sucks?
    Se here a 7*/G12 Holdo in action!

just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdvEz-40r0c
    I am german, therefore my english is not the best.

Haha.

I don't know man, that took quite a while to get done, lol
  • I am german, therefore my english is not the best.
  • Idk, she's kept me in top 20 arena with 193 speed and coupled with Poe. Tried her with a zFinn lead and Poe, which was really cool. 7* / G12, no zeta.