Gear and Arena questions

VonZant
3843 posts Member
I was in a guild with just me and my brother for about a year. Just got into a raiding guild. We dont do HAAT yet. I have a lot of g8-g9 chars but only 3 g10+ . Ive been slacking. Besides raiding what is best strategy to farm gear? One at a time? Focus on certain pieces, etc?

I hover 250-150 in arena. Want to move up sub 100 while gearing. I dont remember when shard started but everyone around me is g11 or g12. Im running CLS g10, R2 Thrawn Chirrut and chopper g9. Dont have Baze above 5*.

I kinda just did chopper as a joke but he is actually pretty good and naturally fast he and thrawn go 1 and 2 usually. 30% evasion and self heal acd he can last a while. And he speeds up himself and R2. Thrawn Fracture easy decision here.

Ive been switching in Old Ben and Leia. OB is slow though and someone usually gets instagibbed. Is it better for Thrawn to swap tm with OB for mind tricks or to Fracture? I really dont want to spend a buch of crystals to refresh arena to test. I personally preferred harder GW for testing but its been nerfed. Would love advice.

Only negative notables is gear levels and I dont have Wedge or Baze because Im a contrarian and refused to farm them after they were just super annoying in arena. No raid han or GK yet. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Besides raiding what is best strategy to farm gear? One at a time? Focus on certain pieces, etc?

I hover 250-150 in arena. Want to move up sub 100 while gearing. I dont remember when shard started but everyone around me is g11 or g12. Im running CLS g10, R2 Thrawn Chirrut and chopper g9. Dont have Baze above 5*.

[...]

Ive been switching in Old Ben and Leia. OB is slow though and someone usually gets instagibbed.

[...]

Only negative notables is gear levels and I dont have Wedge or Baze because Im a contrarian and refused to farm them after they were just super annoying in arena. No raid han or GK yet. Thanks in advance.

Chirrut is quite weak without Baze — unless you really need him for an early tenacity up. However, your Baze at 5* could work well instead of Chopper. Alternatively use Leia instead of Chirtut. Leia is a great attacker. If she's stealthed already before her first turn (smoke screen) she will hit hard right off the bat.

For gear, you can use surplus crystals to buy gear in shipments (but of course you will need a surplus first). Furthermore, you could find some of the good hard nodes to farm, those that also drop several types of useful gear. F.ex. Veers' dark side node or Kylo's Shuttle node.