Matchmaking

My guild got matched up with a guild 11M GP higher than us. Our Sister guild got matched up with a guild that is 20M GP higher than them. Are we ever going to get an answer about the matchmaking? Is it working as intended? Are the Devs working on adjusting? Is there a plan to take a closer look? I do not want to come across as entitled but I feel that the player base would like to better understand this aspect of the mode. It is am amazing mode that seems to be held back by the this one problem.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    While some of the community has expressed concern over matchmaking, we’d like to detail the following:
    • The Active GP bracket only determines the rewards for the guild. This does not factor into matchmaking.
    • Matchmaking is based on a variety of factors including the GP of units that can participate

This is what we have been told. We have not been told there is a plan or that they believe there is a problem. Please understand I'm just pointing out what has been stated.

that being said, i'm sure a system like this needs tweaks, but is also needs data points. if they are going to make changes they need to get a good picture first.
  • I think part of the problem comes from not knowing what goes into matchmaking and the fact that the 2 points are contradictory as the first one implies active gp is not a factor and the second says gp of units that can participate is

What is the difference between active gp and the gp of units that can participate those sound like the same thing to me
  • Kyno wrote: »
    While some of the community has expressed concern over matchmaking, we’d like to detail the following:
    • The Active GP bracket only determines the rewards for the guild. This does not factor into matchmaking.
    • Matchmaking is based on a variety of factors including the GP of units that can participate

This is what we have been told. We have not been told there is a plan or that they believe there is a problem. Please understand I'm just pointing out what has been stated.

that being said, i'm sure a system like this needs tweaks, but is also needs data points. if they are going to make changes they need to get a good picture first.

The problem is you can't see the opponents active GP so it's hard to gather data points. Same with all the other factors that go into matchmaking. (GP of participting units would be another thing that would be usefull to see)

@Darthpedro

Active GP: GP total of everyone who joined

Participating GP: GP of all units that can be used in TW, which almost the same as active GP but ignores units that can't be used. (i.e. that have less than 6K power). That said, I suspect the two numbers would be fairly similar unless a guild had an exceptional number of units of 5900 power or something.

It's very difficult to gather data with the current system however.

iN Spectre
  • @Darthpedro It seems that GP is a matchmaking factor but rewards bracket is not : you can fight against guilds in another bracket than yours.
  • The issue is sandbagging. This has to be fixed and I've got a great idea. No matter how many people in your guild lock in, you are in the category of your guild’s total GP. In fact, completely remove lock-in phase. Just auto everyone in, and those who wish to remove themselves can hit the button to remove themselves (or their leaders can).

I’m tired of going up against opponents completely out of our range. Many guilds are doing this on purpose. I’ve checked the swgoh.gg account of our current opponent, and they are nearly 12 mill above us. In fact, they are nearly two levels above us. While roughly half of our guild has a 7* GK, their entire guild has 7* GK, and nearly all of them are g12. This is just one example of the disparities.

Stop penalizing guilds that have 50/50 participation. Eliminate ability to sandbag. Use only the guild’s total GP and not the GP of locked-in players.