Is there a true timeout team anymore?

I need a team I can throw in on my last arena fight that will be able to hold position against the efforts of my shard gangsters. It is a very large shard gang, and they refuse all new entrants. Gang members usually get pushed back to 30s, I get dumped back to over 50 if I diegn to break 20.

Is there a team I can develop that will resist them?

Replies

• dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    There’s not really a true timeout team. Everyone can be defeated. Just form a team that’s so annoying to fight that it will encourage potential attackers to choose someone else instead. That’s the best defense.
  • It doesn't work when over 25 people in the top fifty are in a gang. They only have you to climb on.

Devs need to fix colusion
  • And if there was a true time our team that 25 players couldn’t beat, devs would have to fix that.
  • If there are 25 people preventing people from a fair shot, the devs need to fix that garbage.
  • Easybee wrote: »
    If there are 25 people preventing people from a fair shot, the devs need to fix that garbage.

lol. gather your own squad and chain-drop them instead of just complaining about it in the forums all day long. dont whine if they work together to get better rewards. there are some guys that still cant be beaten, due to superior tactics and god-like mods. if you dont have those, you wont get to #1 and they won't offer you to join probably.

step up your game and git gud instead of crying.
  • It seems to me that you need to stop worrying about the top 20, who will always be able to beat you and dont fall as much as you do.

If your team was better, the non "gang" teams would have a really tough time knocking you down.

If i was in your position, i might go with nightsisters. The top 20 might still be able to beat you, but other teams would hopefully struggle against you. But remember, nightsisters need amazing mods and alot of zetas to be great on defense.
  • Most of my shard gang is on NS already, seven star and gold and Zetas.

I will likely go with Veers to counter instead. Unless I can find a timeout team.

How do you think GK Zarris, Chase and CHS would fare?
  • @ewqewqc I can beat pretty much all of them, but you can't climb from 50 to 1 without paying. Your flipancy about my proficiency is a poor substitute for a constructive comment.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    A GK+zBarriss team is probably the closest thing we have to a timeout team currently. Malbus isn't going to really do much for you on D unless your squad can take out one of their team. I don't think Chaze+CHS will do that. R2, CLS, Thrawn, and DN are probably your best choices to go along with GK+zBarris. I don't have JTR, so I can't comment on her. I just know that I target JTR teams with the "titans" team I currently run. And of course, titans are beatable on Def with equivalent mods.
  • evanbio wrote: »
    R2, CLS, Thrawn, and DN are probably your best choices to go along with GK+zBarris. I don't have JTR, so I can't comment on her. I just know that I target JTR teams with the "titans" team I currently run. And of course, titans are beatable on Def with equivalent mods.

Yeah CLS and RJT are highly targetable on D.

I have R2, CLS Thrawn and DAN at gold. I'll start experimenting.
  • @Easybee you just a crybaby, thats all. everybody can beat everybody on offense these days, i have no idea what you bragging about.
    the facts are those :
    1) you weren't competitive enough few months ago to enter the top10, so you were left outside the "Gang".
    2) your mods arent good enough to hold defensively, and you are easily dropped by whoever from the "gang" which is active atm - YOU ARE BAD DEFENSIVELY.
    3) you are NOW, beating everybody. this is the easiest task ever, since the meta is ridiculously easy. this doesnt prove you deserve to be #1.
    so.. lets say this: build good defensive team, get better modding, lock yourself with fast refreshes, and they'll ask you join if you make their life hard enough.

whining in the forums to the devs that players using TACTICS to beat you is just pointless.

You want my advice? Go MT, AV, Daka, GK and KRU/Thrawn with god-tier mods, at least 3 zetas involved, and see how you not get beaten so easily. otherwise, keep complaining and they will keep not adding you, since you are not "good enough" for them.
  • @ewqewqc I am not trying to brag, I was trying to highlight the same point you just did.

I am also not "whining" because they won't let me in. I calling behaviour that undermines the long-term viability of a game for what it is.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think by the time I have MT maxed I will be too late for it to be of use. That's why I was looking at Veers; to counter NS.

There is no need to be so snarky.
  • ewqewqc
    183 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    https://swgoh.gg/u/easybee/

is this you ? @Easybee are you kidding me ? you expect to get #1 with a freaking STHan when you have thrawn G12 on the bench ? and im pretty sure you are NOT able to beat "everyone" in your shard, unless you have a relative "easy" shard.
    your avg speed on that team is 221. you shouldn't be able to beat jRey, BB8, R2D2 old ben and GK with better AVG speed.
    you shouldnt be able to beat MT, AV, Daka, Zomb, GK with good enough speed/ Zetas.
    i dont know about your shard, but you wouldn't enter top10 in mine aswell, you'll get kicked pretty fast or not being able to even get through the god-tier modding.
    im very sorry, but thats the harsh truth. id suggest you stop complain about the "gangster" methods of shard collision here on the forums, and save some resources for the next meta shift, if getting the NS high is too late for you.
    we had a guy outside our chat, that was really good. we came to him, and he wasnt interested to join. we attacked him for weeks, hurting his PO and he hurt ours from time to time. really fought well. eventually he decided to join us, and rotate 1-2-1-2-1 with our guy. the point is - he was good enough to get #1 sometimes, not everyone could beat him, he locked himself, he played great. until you dont do that stuff, i see no reason why your shardmates would invite you and possible hurt their rotation.
  • Do an experiment - Teebo lead, Acolyte @ like 245 speed, zombie at any gear, GK and Zariss. With a little RNG it should time out every so often - and every so often IS about the ONLY thing you can hope for on defense.
    As per the arena. It's not whining man. Dev's have TW set up so both guilds can't just collude to get a tie - a tie ends up being a loss right now. Dev's haven't done anything with Arena to prevent colluding - not sure multiple 1st place payouts and team work are what your typical game arena is about... I mean there's more competition in mid ranged guilds over Raid position then there is in most arena's.
    I don't care if it does or does not work for each individual, I haven't been above having a joe lock up a player for the arena - but sorry, it doesn't pass the sniff test for competitive arena...
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Easybee wrote: »
    @ewqewqc I can beat pretty much all of them, but you can't climb from 50 to 1 without paying. Your flipancy about my proficiency is a poor substitute for a constructive comment.

Your point being? 50 crystals requires cash to afford?

That aside, if you aren't good enough to make the shard chat bother about you, then you don't deserve to be in it. If you unlocked CLS the first round and didn't bother to farm for JTR ahead of time, you also deserve your plight now. If you just unlocked CLS, then you were already gonna be behind when JTR came out.

And no, don't go NS. It's a despicable unbalanced team that will attract more attention that you would like.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Lemme ask u this ... if the top 10 players on your arena shard were all in the same guild, would u still consider it collusion ? Or would it then b teamwork ?

Using Discord or Line allows them to function as a "guild" in Arena w/out ever having to leave where they r happiest. Sounds a lot more like teamwork to me.
  • @PremierVenoth Thank you for the excellent comment.

I will work on my acolyte and boost my teebo a bit if this works well in GW. I will definitely give it a try. Thank you.

Also, a fantastic and articulate expression of the problem.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Easybee wrote: »
    @ewqewqc I am not trying to brag, I was trying to highlight the same point you just did.

I am also not "whining" because they won't let me in. I calling behaviour that undermines the long-term viability of a game for what it is.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think by the time I have MT maxed I will be too late for it to be of use. That's why I was looking at Veers; to counter NS.

There is no need to be so snarky.

The point is that this has been going on since the beginning of arena. So to suddenly claim it’s going to destroy the game just because *you* happened to start encountering it is silly.
  • All zeta Phoenix team
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • @Liath I started voicing concern as soon as I noticed it was going on. Had I not been completing ewoks and jawas out of love, I would have noticed it earlier.

Its been a problem since we'll before now, sure. It is becoming a hot topic now because the meta and it's counters are becoming more balanced, and more people are hitting level cap and the top is getting wider. That's why this presents a problem for endgame viability.
  • @Easybee why you haven't responded about my latest post ? the truth is too hurtful for you ? why you dont tell us if you can beat NS+GK or jRey+BB+R2+Gk+OB ?
    you are just ignoring the problem instead of facing it.
    what you did comment on, is the suggestion of Teebo(L), GK, Zarris, Zomb, Aco. and im sorry for the guy suggest it, but its a horrible suggestion, its a theory team and nothing more - on paper it sounds good, on reality you going down. you know, there's a reason why you dont see anyone at #1 using this team - its just not good. teebo is useless (if you want L ability, go nute...) zombie+aco combo is counter-able pretty easily and GK+Zarris where GK isnt in the leader spot is just not effective. if you go waste resources on this, you'll find yourself dropping even harder.
    i can think of so many teams to counter it - from MT, Daka, AV, Zomb, GK, the latest meta going on - and until Zader or Zaul L teams (Palp, zSid, DN,.. lot to put here) which are really outdated meta. you can add some toons to JRey/CLS teams to beat that team very easily. i having hard time thinking of what can lose to this kind of team actually.
    just face that you are not good enough right now and you need improvement in your modding and teamcomp (jesus this freakign STHan) before you start complain about the gangster methods going on in your probably weak shard (cause you are able to beat "everyone" with your team)
  • ewqewqc wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/u/easybee/

is this you ? @Easybee are you kidding me ? you expect to get #1 with a freaking STHan when you have thrawn G12 on the bench ? and im pretty sure you are NOT able to beat "everyone" in your shard, unless you have a relative "easy" shard.
    your avg speed on that team is 221. you shouldn't be able to beat jRey, BB8, R2D2 old ben and GK with better AVG speed.
    you shouldnt be able to beat MT, AV, Daka, Zomb, GK with good enough speed/ Zetas.
    i dont know about your shard, but you wouldn't enter top10 in mine aswell, you'll get kicked pretty fast or not being able to even get through the god-tier modding.
    im very sorry, but thats the harsh truth. id suggest you stop complain about the "gangster" methods of shard collision here on the forums, and save some resources for the next meta shift, if getting the NS high is too late for you.
    we had a guy outside our chat, that was really good. we came to him, and he wasnt interested to join. we attacked him for weeks, hurting his PO and he hurt ours from time to time. really fought well. eventually he decided to join us, and rotate 1-2-1-2-1 with our guy. the point is - he was good enough to get #1 sometimes, not everyone could beat him, he locked himself, he played great. until you dont do that stuff, i see no reason why your shardmates would invite you and possible hurt their rotation.

This is a joke, weak as hell. I admired that guy until he caved.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Well depending on the shard STH makes you a easy target. Once you are out of the top 30 max jumps are much quicker. I wouldn't believe there is a conspiracy against you because your non optimal team is picked two to three extra times on some days compared to others.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Here's another one that is just done.

If we can't talk nice, this topic will not be allowed to thrive on the forum. Please refrain from personal attacks on the forum.
This discussion has been closed.