Asymmetric TW?

I'm not sure if this is an idea to help fix TW, make it better, or just make it more fun, but - why not follow EA/Dice, whoever galactic assault idea from BF/BFII and do Asymmetric combat in TW. Set up a stronger guild verse a weaker guild, on purpose, and give the weaker side a defensive structure, give them an AT-AT, give them a rebel straffe, whatever. Let that side decide to set defensive units or push units to retake areas of the base or fix up the at-at again.
Bigger GP guilds will need to win with overwhelming forces and by being able to react to the tactic of the lower GP guild.
There is no tie - either the higher GP attacking team gets the final objective and wins or the lower GP team wins by holding them off.
Now: TW is so flat - there is nothing reactive on either side. Any real difference in GP from one side or the other basically determines the winner. Might has well have both sides hit deploy and the highest number wins - saving everyone a lot of time. Plus - there should be an attacker and defender - current TW makes absolutely no sense.
TL:DR; Give us something really tactical to gnaw our teeth on.
#AcolyteShootsTwice

Replies

• c1ever_pun
    357 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Seems a bit complicated for a freemium mobile game
  • c1ever_pun wrote: »
    Seems a bit complicated for a freemium mobile game

It's true - long time holotable hero and heroine junky @leef can't even stand getting a single point for a defensive win in TW because it's too complicated.

Some fun using an at-at would be way WAY WWAAYYY too much next to that.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    If you give them Rebel Strafe they'll win every time on D. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    this is for sure way too complicated. Uncontrary to popular believe, i am the voice of the people.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    this is for sure way too complicated. Uncontrary to popular believe, i am the voice of the people.

This is true. ¡@leef para el presidenté!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I think it's a cool idea. TW is pretty crazy boring as it stands & participation is out of obligation more than "wow... what fun!"
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    I think it's a cool idea. TW is pretty crazy boring as it stands & participation is out of obligation more than "wow... what fun!"

Perhaps for you and your guild...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH