Wedge?

Was doing some thinking about how the top teams have been shaken up with nightsisters prowling around and useful leads against them. This got me wondering, is wedge a good counter to ns?

I mean he has a good aoe attack and his leadership ability provides solid health regen to combat plague.

Would be interested in hearing peoples thoughts.

Replies

• Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I run NS and always target AOE toons first. That said, I’m typically not concerned with the wedge teams I see unless chaze is included. Add lando to that mix and I will probably avoid it. Without a good taunter tho, I’m not concerned about taking on wedge teams.

I don’t see a lot of NS teams, at least in my shard, so I wouldn’t build a team trying to counter that as opportunities to fight them are few and far between.

Edit: you are right though that the leader ability works well against plague. Wedge himself goes down pretty easy though as I typically one shot him or another aoe toon with talzins special ability.
  • Options
    It doesn't work. Maybe bcause NS team i faced is hybrid with GK. GK have crit immun buff to all team when they're hit by crit. Also, if u face maxed NS team, the wedge lead health regen cannot match with plague health drain.

I use titans, but when face NS i use cls lead, han, r2, chaze. chaze is very useful there
  • Options
    No, wedge alone won't work. Or at least hasn't for me. My Wiggs are G12. Cool down is too long. Wedge team with CLS, lando and boba works sometimes for me
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    I run maxed g12 Assaj lead with maxed g12 Talzin. I will tell you...no amount of RNG can beat me....with the RJT teams, Titan teams, NS teams, etc...

One team I think I could lose to on offense would be a wedge lead CLS/han/chase. The HoT’s from chirrut, tm gain and healing from wedge lead, CLS stunning every wedge defense down, Baze dispelling my double taunt/retribution, and han being han scares me....too bad(thankfully) no one will ever run this in my shard so I’ll just continue to mop up in under 2 minutes every team during my climb.
  • Options
    Add : the trick is make chaze have lot of health, chirrut must have high speed. His first turn, u do his tenacity up buff. It will not make plague dissapear, but tenacity up will prevent the plague spread. Also make sure chirrut have high crit chance, bcause when he crit he will spread heal over time to the team. Under cls he will counter a lot, and u have heal over time a lot also. It's better health regen than wedge lead health bonus regen.

U also can use rex to prevent plague spread, but his health pool is not much as chaze where both have health bonus from their unique. Rex will not stand long.
  • Options
    I should also disclose that I have never ran Talzin lead. Not sure how much trouble my previous post team would give Talzin, but it frightens this Assaj guy.
  • Options
    I should also disclose that I have never ran Talzin lead. Not sure how much trouble my previous post team would give Talzin, but it frightens this Assaj guy.
  • Options
    @Billcarson66 , why do you think no one in your shard would run Wedge/CLS, Han, Chaze? Perhaps they'll be targeted by everyone else?
  • Options
    Exactly....plus most don’t like switching mods...but wedge lead would be targeted and I don’t run RJT, but I think she would probably tear that team apart so they would fall very far.
  • Options
    lol, interesting in that the other teams would do the dirty work for your Assajj led team.
  • Options
    Interesting @Billcarson66 - I don't run NS but I fear a fast Asaajj led team more than a Talzin team, because Zombie just gets so many turns to retaunt, plus the TM removal. Plague is still a problem despite the non-Talzin lead. Don't you miss those dead NS assists on basic though?
  • Options
    Well, my shardmates avoid a 4* zeta Talzin lead, but have no problem dispatching my 7* g12 maxed Talzin under my Assaj lead. So for arena defense apparently Talzin lead is better.

I can’t speak for Talzin lead offense, but everyone is easy for me with Assaj. One guy runs CLS lead han/r2/chaze. I have a little tribute with him. Wedge lead, remove r2(stealt doenst help against me) and I’m scared
  • Options
    Wedge lead would be an easy target, no R2. I use cls, Han, r2, and chaze. Hardly ever drop from top 100, but I'm not actively going for top 50 so I think my shard mates know this by now.
  • Options
    So the general consensus im getting is that can work in certain line ups? Got to mention also that it was only as a potential ns counter. Well aware that it wouldn't work at all against the more classic titan or jtr teams that are about. Just a hypothetical would it work question.
  • Options
    Yes..I answered your post as it pertains to Assaj lead NS. This game has entered a state of no one size fits all arena team. You either roll with the punches or you have to go around certain teams. Those willing to use the proper tools can beat any comp.

However, offense still beats AI lead defense so nothing holds. People can only tell you what they don’t like to face.
  • Options
    I run zzTalzin in Arena and I would love to see Wedge lead w\ Chaze. I can also beat Chaze, but with them its more difficult
  • Mosus12
    124 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    And of course I don't know how easy it would be for you to beat my team..so as Billcarson66 and yourself said...it's just hypothetical
  • Options
    Yeah I don't think anyone would be willing to try it out when they feel the potential for getting quickly knocked down in ranking.
  • Terpentin300
    244 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Add : the trick is make chaze have lot of health, chirrut must have high speed. His first turn, u do his tenacity up buff. It will not make plague dissapear, but tenacity up will prevent the plague spread. Also make sure chirrut have high crit chance, bcause when he crit he will spread heal over time to the team. Under cls he will counter a lot, and u have heal over time a lot also. It's better health regen than wedge lead health bonus regen.

Sorry but this is wrong. Chîrrut's ability says: "Whenever a Rebel ally is Critically Hit they gain Heal Over Time for 2 turns". So Critical Chance wont grant any Heal Over Time Effect.

I would recommend Crit Damage instead, cause of his ability Strenght of Purpose. That results in incredible high crits, when many Buffs are active on your squad.

BTW: I use Wiggs, Chaze, R2 and have no problems with NS.
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Sorry but this is wrong. Chîrrut's ability says: "Whenever a Rebel ally is Critically Hit they gain Heal Over Time for 2 turns". So Critical Chance wont grant any Heal Over Time Effect.

I would recommend Crit Damage instead, cause of his ability Strenght of Purpose. That results in incredible high crits, when many Buffs are active on your squad.

BTW: I use Wiggs, Chaze, R2 and have no problems with NS.

I'm sorry my bad @Terpentin300 , yes u are correct. Thanks for the correction :smiley: