Kylo Ren (Unmasked)

2Next

Replies

• Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Parad wrote: »
    I wanted to bump this as I totally agree.
    Rey and Kylo are pretty much on the same level as far as the movies are concerned, but this is in no way displayed in the game.

I truly believe Kylo Ren unmasked needs a small upgrade.

One is Light Side and one is not. Welcome to the gaming balance.

Yeah, cause the sith triumvirate (aka the most op set of characters in the game) is totally light side *sarcasm intended*

Sarcasm noted and returned...

Because Biggs and wedge were better than Vader. And Rey was soooo much better than kylo in the movies. And one off characters were soooo much better than oh say... Every sith that was available in the game at the time. Or how about when the dark side finally had a month of dominance they release a character that completely negates it... Without a zeta the dark side character required. Or the cls dominance that about broke the game. Or the meta afterwards was another ls toon already mentioned. Who is ****idly more powerful than her movie counterpart who was on equal standings in the movie. The examples continue etc etc.

The trio were bravo alpha. They're supposed to be strong. The game has constantly been light side biased. It's about time the ds had some semblance of the strength it was in the movies in squads instead of just having a couple of strong characters plugged into light side squads.

Continue to fight the tyranny and oppression of the Light Side.
  • Back to the point, KRU is one of my favorite tanks and imo the 2nd best ds tank. However he is limited by the FO faction and he is very weak compared to jtr. And his damage is, unfortunately, horrid. But for pure tanking he is very tough.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Parad wrote: »
    Rey and Kylo are pretty much on the same level as far as the movies are concerned, but this is in no way displayed in the game.

Yeah it's not like Traya Sion and Nihilus alone can auto any meta team...
  • Read previous statements random name 9.
  • Agreed that there are toons that need more love than kylo. There are also a need for more viable leader abilities. I love finally being able to run a full ds squad again but I really wish there more viable sith leads... And more viable leads period. Yes I'm sure kraya will be good but that's still months away for most.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Agreed that there are toons that need more love than kylo. There are also a need for more viable leader abilities. I love finally being able to run a full ds squad again but I really wish there more viable sith leads... And more viable leads period. Yes I'm sure kraya will be good but that's still months away for most.
    Eh.

Sith are pretty flush with good leaders.

I mean, you've got zMaul, Palpatine, Nihilus, zVader and Traya who are all legitimately good leadership abilities. zMaul and Nihilus may not take the top these days, and zVader may be more raid centric, but they're still solid abilities.

That's more great leads than most factions have. I'd say the only ones that have more are Empire and Rebels, who have far and away the most content.
    Still not a he.
  • Arena viability is the main viability.
  • Parad wrote: »

Yeah, cause the sith triumvirate (aka the most op set of characters in the game) is totally light side *sarcasm intended*

Because Biggs and wedge were better than Vader. And Rey was soooo much better than kylo in the movies. And one off characters were soooo much better than oh say... Every sith that was available in the game at the time. Or how about when the dark side finally had a month of dominance they release a character that completely negates it... Without a zeta the dark side character required. Or the cls dominance that about broke the game. Or the meta afterwards was another ls toon already mentioned. Who is ****idly more powerful than her movie counterpart who was on equal standings in the movie. The examples continue etc etc.

The trio were bravo alpha. They're supposed to be strong. The game has constantly been light side biased. It's about time the ds had some semblance of the strength it was in the movies in squads instead of just having a couple of strong characters plugged into light side squads.

It's actually been pretty balanced. Zaul was meta for 3-4 months. About the same for CLS. NS were then the best arena team after their rework, and absolutely dominated JTR from day one.
  • Parad wrote: »

It doesn't matter whether or not Rey was better than kylo in the movie, because the character strengths don't represent canon. If I try did, grandmaster yoda and mace windu would be super op

Anyways, zaul dominates arena from February to May, 2017. Thats about as long as Rey dominated the meta. For the month before zaul, Zader was pretty well represented in top 10 arena, so the first five months of 2017 were dominated by dark side teams. Then, nightsisters got their rework towards the end of the year which made them top tier

Going back further, my first few months playing the game in 2016 I saw that arena was dominated by sideous leads, droid teams, and then dooku leads

The game has not been constantly "light side biased". Dark side has had more than its share of love throughout the course of the game
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Arena viability is the main viability.
    There's more to the game than arena. But even still, four great leader abilities is pretty good for any faction. Especially when we're in a thread talking about a faction that only has one good leader ability right now.
    Still not a he.
  • Let's say a few big if's here.

If the game was balanced around arena it'd be better.
    If the game was balanced better it'd be better.
    If each faction had more viable leaders in arena it'd be better.
    If each faction had more viable options for non leaders in arena it'd be better.
    If each side (DS/LS) had more viable leaders in arena the game would be better.
    If each side (DS/LS) had more viable options for non leaders in arena it'd be better.
    If the powercreep wasn't so ridiculous and better balanced and tested it would be better.
    If the "fun" additions were actually fun and equally rewarding for the time invested it'd be better.

The game, for a non mmo mobile game, has amazing potential despite some of the downside similarities I've seen with other games I played extensively such as Dark Age of Camelot, Warhammer Age of Reckoning, and Star Wars the Old Republic.

Back to the original original point... KRU could use some love. But other toons need more love. I'd love to see bravo alpha characters from the movies were equally bravo alpha in the game. And one off characters to be niche characters. And all characters be useful.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    With all those "if's", how do you justify a powercreeped and top tier arena viable toon like kylo unmasked needing some love? Aren't those statements contradictionary?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I guess he's same level of uberleetness as jtr. Heck I wish all toons we're as good as jtr so I actually could build a squad of my favorite characters. Nothing contradictory there. I've said he is good. I've said he's the 2nd best ds tank. I've also said I wish he was as good as Jedi rey. I'm out.