Please stop editing old game updates and announcements

AfroDaby
16 posts Member
edited January 2018
A lot of us have RSS feeds for your "Dev Announcements and News" and "Game Updates" forums, but when you edit a previous post, the RSS feed doesn't pick it up so it goes unnoticed. Even with the RSS feed, I still come here pretty frequently to check things out and make sure I didn't miss something, but the "Most Recent" post for each category doesn't include old edited posts, and dates on edited posts still show their original post date. You have actually go into a post to see if/when it has been updated.

For example, on the forum homepage, it shows https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154636/content-update-hf-1-16-2018#latest as the latest post in Game Updates. On the Game Updates page, it shows https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/96655/game-update-status-1-23#latest as the most recent post (which is correct), but it's most recent post date shows as March 2017.

This is very frustrating to navigate. Yes, I can figure it out on my own, but it shouldn't be so wacky to begin with. Why not just create a new post when you have a status update, rather than editing an old one?

@CG_Kozispoon I'm tagging you, because you seem to be the biggest culprit of this

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I agree this would be very helpful.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    She is the community manager, it's in her job description. It's not really fair to say she is the biggest culprit, she's just the one that puts the most information out there right now.... So it's more quantity than intent.
  • @Kyno, maybe culprit is a harsh term, but what I mean is that she is the only one (as far as I can tell) who is doing it. Not trying to offend here
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    AfroDaby wrote: »
    Kyno, maybe culprit is a harsh term, but what I mean is that she is the only one (as far as I can tell) who is doing it. Not trying to offend here

I understand, my point is she is the only (1 of the few) person putting information out there. So yes a little harsh, but it's ok she can take it.

It may be a good suggestion, I'm just here too much to not see everything.
  • I agree with op having a central thread is not ideal. Surely the best way is to have a "latest news" forum, containing the latest news (i know shocker, right?) which includes an event calendar thread, current urgent issues being looked at in game (ie missing rewards etc), new characters, latest hotfixes and new content.

Then a separate forum called "archive" where all the is stuff goes when it is "out of date".

So the event calendar goes there at the end of the month, Everytime a new hotfix or update is released the old one goes in the archive thread.

Keeps things nice and organised. I can look in the latest news forum and get the latest. It is a bit messy at present.
  • Bump, this needs attention.
  • Is this how history books will soon be written?

erase last years info and put new stuff there
  • I agree. I've missed game updates before because of this.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).