No Rewards for no participation

Hiya @CG_Kozispoon I had a quick question regarding the no rewards for zero participation. Would it be possible to add that in the description somewhere in-game?
I would also like to express my disagreement with this for one reason: while that person may not have contributed and arguably does not deserve the rewards, their GP was still used for matchmaking and therefore the lack of activity from that player punishes the entire guild.
Taking the above statement into consideration, could you possibly bring to the table a change in reward system to a minimum individual banner requirement to qualify for rewards or allow for Guild Officers to dictate who joins and who doesn’t?
Thanks for your time and would love feedback from the community regarding these thoughts.

Replies

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya,
    Only players that join a Territory War have their GP contributed. We call this value "Active GP" which is visible on the Reward tab.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t understand your disagreement. You think the person with zero banners should get rewards?
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    I don’t understand your disagreement. You think the person with zero banners should get rewards?

I think he is saying he wants the people not contributing to know they are keeping others from better reward bracket

And he wants someone who joins the TW but doesn't deploy or attack to get 0 rewards also.

At least that was my translation
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

I think he is saying he wants the people not contributing to know they are keeping others from better reward bracket

And he wants someone who joins the TW but doesn't deploy or attack to get 0 rewards also.

But that’s already what happens. That’s why I’m confused. The person who earns zero banners doesn’t get rewards.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Confused as well. Kick people not contributing obv
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Basically what I’m saying is those who join TW but contribute 0 banners don’t get rewards. However as a result of this, since that player had joined the war, their GP is considered when you matchup with a guild.

So what I am asking is to do one of the two suggestions: 1.Give the reward to the player who contributed 0 banners as their GP was used in the matchmaking process. or 2. Make the rewards payout at an individual level so as to discourage players from joining if they can’t participate.
    Please let me know if that makes more sense or if I need to take a different approach on describing what I feel is a minor issue.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    what's wrong with the current system though? Your 2 options aren't any better imo.
    1) getting rewarded eventhough you're doing nothing, wich doesn't seem to solve your issue.
    2) we're already encouraged to participate, otherwise we woundn't get rewards.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Why does the fact that their gp contributed to matchmaking mean they should get rewards? That’s what I’m not understanding. They hurt the guild by causing you to face a harder opponent but not helping defeat them, and you want to reward them for it? Why??
  • Options
    Why does the fact that their gp contributed to matchmaking mean they should get rewards? That’s what I’m not understanding. They hurt the guild by causing you to face a harder opponent but not helping defeat them, and you want to reward them for it? Why??
    If it bumped them up a rewards bracket I guess
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options

But that’s already what happens. That’s why I’m confused. The person who earns zero banners doesn’t get rewards.

I just wanted to clarify this since I wasn't aware of it. Let's say that X-member signs up for TW. After the initial setup phase, defense phase, and offense phase go by X-member has failed to:

1) Set any defensive teams
    2) Attempted to attack or failed to defeat any opponent defensive teams (thus earning 0 banners)

This member receives 0 reward.

I understand that his signing up has contributed to the "active GP" and thus affects the reward bracket but just wanted to clarify if those conditions are met that X-member gets nada for rewards (which I think is 100 percent appropriate).
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options
    I am generally my guild's top contributor on offense. In the current TW, I saved my whole roster for offense. Then we drew an opponent that put nothing but trash on defense, and my guild ripped through them in 2 hours. I logged in 2 hours after attacks started to find out it was over and I'm not getting rewards.

I'm not looking for sympathy, and yes I know I should have tossed one squad in on defense to be safe. Just know that I have been super active in this game since launch, and this is the first day I've ever thought seriously about quitting. If you get rewards for a 0 on a raid, you should get rewards for a 0 on TW.
  • Options
    It is a real bummer for the lesser members of a guild to fail beating an opponent on offense and get nothing for it.
  • Options
    You DO get rewards if you sign up to TW but don't get any banners.

Its only if you don't join the TW that you don't get the rewards.

I had this confirmed by a guild mate who couldn't get a win in the offence stage and had been away to set defence but got rewards. This was the previous round of wars, so unless something has changed in the last few days I would assume this is still occurring.
  • Options
    Ok there seems to be conflicting answers here. Which is the correct one? Do you get rewards for 0 banners or not?
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I had read many times that such people didn’t get rewards. I haven’t personally failed to get banners to confirm that.
  • Options
    The person who gets 0 banners isn't the person that comes on this forum nor do they stay long in any guild. We tend to drop anyone who got 0 points but joined.
    Even in the off chance that they didn't set defense, BUT, they attacked with 15 teams and couldn't win a single match to earn 10 points? Nah, they're out!
    Still @CG_Kozispoon - it would be nice to see # of attacks verse # attacking banners (which we do have) - it'd be nice to see just how effective the ol' guild actually was.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    There is one caveat to this that is kinda iffy to me. If you join and dont get any banners you dont get rewards, that makes sense to a degree, but what if you have someone who did attack but couldnt seal the deal. That person did fight and did get rid of some of the enemy characters which did help the guild in some way but just didnt get the banner so didnt get rewards.

Yes that person could of just put a defense squad to get some banners and solves that issue but if he is not strong enough to win on offense then it might not be preferable to have his weak team on defense either. Idk just seems weird.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The person who gets 0 banners isn't the person that comes on this forum nor do they stay long in any guild. We tend to drop anyone who got 0 points but joined.
    Even in the off chance that they didn't set defense, BUT, they attacked with 15 teams and couldn't win a single match to earn 10 points? Nah, they're out!
    Still @CG_Kozispoon - it would be nice to see # of attacks verse # attacking banners (which we do have) - it'd be nice to see just how effective the ol' guild actually was.

How about the guild agreed you saving all your sqauds for attack, and the enemy set trash teams on defence, so your guild clear the board in like 2-3 hrs while you're busy on sonething else?

For me usually we don't do that, but from time to time there might be some members just don't have time to attack and throw all his team on the defence, someone or 2 over-deployed, so someone else that get on late wont have a chance to deploy.
  • Options
    All above questions are the reason for my post in general. My understanding is that if you don’t earn any banners, you don’t get any rewards even if you joined the TW. This is not anywhere in the game nor could I find anywhere that specifically states this and was hoping for clarification. The only information I was able to find was that the guild has to earn minimum 600 banners.

My issue I then stated after this question is I feel if you have joined the TW, you should earn the rewards as this the case when you do raids (zero damage runs) and Territory Battles. Why would the logic change with Territory Wars?

@CG_Kozispoon hope the above post states my question/concern better.
  • Options
    DaGhost141 wrote: »
    All above questions are the reason for my post in general. My understanding is that if you don’t earn any banners, you don’t get any rewards even if you joined the TW. This is not anywhere in the game nor could I find anywhere that specifically states this and was hoping for clarification. The only information I was able to find was that the guild has to earn minimum 600 banners.

My issue I then stated after this question is I feel if you have joined the TW, you should earn the rewards as this the case when you do raids (zero damage runs) and Territory Battles. Why would the logic change with Territory Wars?

@CG_Kozispoon hope the above post states my question/concern better.

For what's it's worth, I have had a couple folks get zeros, def and off, two were away after sign up and didn't make it back for either phase. They received nothing for rewards. From our experience that's how it appears to be working. The message they received at reward the was to the effect of you didn't participate in the TW so you don't get any rewards.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    You should be able to set defence as soon as you enter. Problem solved.

Until you are matched with an opponent you don’t know how many defense teams you will be setting.
  • Options
    @GhostTruckin by chance do you know if they attempted any attacks and just failed to get banners or did they just not participate in general?
  • Options
    They were unable to participate at all, no attacks attempted, RL issues reared up
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    You should be able to set defence as soon as you enter. Problem solved.

Until you are matched with an opponent you don’t know how many defense teams you will be setting.
    Why would that matter to someone who isnt going to attack anyway?

Because the game can't let you set defense teams until the game knows how many you get to have.
  • Options
    If you sign up but get zero banners, you get no rewards. Happened to me today.
  • Options
    @BadOnTheOutside did you attempt any attacks?
  • Options
    DaGhost141 wrote: »
    @BadOnTheOutside did you attempt any attacks?

Nope, I logged on 2 hours after the attack phase started and found the board totally cleared.