None Whales Perspective On Grievous

Prev1
ThalosKirano
728 posts Member
edited February 2016
So it looks like the forums are going into meltdown over Grievous. Pretty entertaining really. I'm f2p and I disagree with all of the posts complaining that we'll never get him. The whales fund the game, so they deserve something we can't get for a long time. This is a small thank you from CG for them spending so highly, sure the ratio may be high but that's to ensure it is just the whales who can get him for now and IMO that's a good thing. Had they made him easily obtainable for all (including f2p) the whales would feel cheated and maybe stop sending money, resulting in the game we all love going down like the Titanic.

So cheer up, drink a beer and stay calm :)
[Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines - profanity in image]
Post edited by Afista on

Replies

• enigma_jedi
    204 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Dude...even people who have spent 2k can't afford GG. Do you realize that?

GG is available to the 0.01% of the spenders...these are not whales...these are mega mega whales.

To get GG, you should have spent more than 10k on this game.

This will anger lot of average spending folks...and many will start leaving the game.

Super greediness has taken over EA.
  • I am not even close to 2k and I will get my GG. Medium whales just have to farm longer, but not as long as F2p.

Now, if you are referring to unlocking it as fast as possible, then yes, the 0.0.1% will be able to do that.
  • Honestly it would be the medium spenders who fund this game, whales are the 1%. At least the shard shop isn't totally useless now.
  • Barrok wrote: »
    Now, if you are referring to unlocking it as fast as possible, then yes, the 0.0.1% will be able to do that.

If someone spends even $500 on this game, they better get a chance to unlock him quickly. Like yoda for example. It rewarded people who invested atleast some money into the game with star levels.

GG is just un-touchable even for people who invested thousands into this game.
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    dude

this is not even or the regular whales

he can only be 7* by the ones who have probably spent 10k and up

10k!!!!

That's not saying thank you, that's spitting in their faces!

lol like seriously

*** FYI: this does not apply to me, I know ainwill never get him, and I'm ok with that ***
  • I am a bottom feeding bacteria and I just keep swimming / floating. :*
  • I've spent over $6k on this game and I can only get him to 5*

Yup no more money from me. Why should I? What's left? My lowest toons are 5* and just a few of them. I have 32 7*. I place in top 3 in my arena server so I get plenty of crystals I save for refreshes.

To get GG to 7* I need do double what I have spent and for what? $6k for 1 toon. If I had to spend a couple hundred then yeah I would, but not that much for just 1 toon, when I don't need anything else.
  • Breetai wrote: »
    I've spent over $6k on this game and I can only get him to 5*
    Wow, just wow.
    CG, your greed will kill this game.
  • Breetai wrote: »

Yup no more money from me. Why should I? What's left? My lowest toons are 5* and just a few of them. I have 32 7*. I place in top 3 in my arena server so I get plenty of crystals I save for refreshes.

To get GG to 7* I need do double what I have spent and for what? $6k for 1 toon. If I had to spend a couple hundred then yeah I would, but not that much for just 1 toon, when I don't need anything else.
    6k?
    Teach me bro
  • This game WON'T go down if the whales stop spending.
    Why do people not realize that this game needs everyone?
    (Whales, medium P2P n F2P)

Whales spend in spurts, i.e. Big amounts in short time.
    But hey check out this app's profit data.
    It's raking in half a million/day alone in the US.

So who's contributing the daily income?
    It's all the small spenders added together. People who play and buy a crystal pack once in a while when temptation sets in.

I'm not anti whale. I personally like how whales finally got some form of ROI. Just think no one is solely responsible for propping this game.

Peace out....
  • Whales spend in spurts, i.e. Big amounts in short time.

Actually their daily income has fallen sharply to around 120k a day, and is around the #12 popular game, falling from #5(or4?). And why do you think that is? I'm guessing they are losing massive amounts of moderate spenders because we finally are seeing what this game is with our ROI. I've spent hundreds, and would have continued to do so week in and out if it was worthwhile....now I spend zero and will milk this F2P and have spent my money in other games. And I know I'm definitely not alone. When you cater to Whales, the game just flops.
  • Andrico
    9 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I can't consider myself FTP, but I'm down to the 21-day subscriptions and probably whatever bundles they put out. I did expect a better, not worse, exchange rate on the shards. After quickly resigning myself to not owning him, I continued being sad that there's nobody I want to spend GW tokens on (Lumi, Phasma, Poggle, IG-86 are 7*).
  • HanSlowMo wrote: »

Actually their daily income has fallen sharply to around 120k a day, and is around the #12 popular game, falling from #5(or4?). And why do you think that is? I'm guessing they are losing massive amounts of moderate spenders because we finally are seeing what this game is with our ROI. I've spent hundreds, and would have continued to do so week in and out if it was worthwhile....now I spend zero and will milk this F2P and have spent my money in other games. And I know I'm definitely not alone. When you cater to Whales, the game just flops.

I think that the income number is skewed, also. It doesn't show profit loss from refunds per day, either.
  • As I said in Naecabon's post, I totally agree with the OP (and I'm mostly F2P).
  • This game WON'T go down if the whales stop spending.

It's all the small spenders added together. People who play and buy a crystal pack once in a while when temptation sets in.

I'm not anti whale. I personally like how whales finally got some form of ROI. Just think no one is solely responsible for propping this game.

Peace out....

Thank you very much for that comment. This mentality has been bugging me for a while now.

• MLGebra wrote: »
    This game WON'T go down if the whales stop spending.

Peace out....

Thank you very much for that comment. This mentality has been bugging me for a while now.

I buy the 5 buck crystal pack all the time for refreshes. I'm sure others do as well. Adds up quick
  • deathstalker
    93 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I've spent over grand and can't even unlock him at 4*, so my wallet just closed on this game. If I was f2p I would feel the same as Op. So this move got this whale on a hunger strike
  • I agree @ThalosKirano, the big spenders certainly deserve such a reward as this exclusive toon and I am happy to see EA taking care of them!!

The pricing seems fine when you consider that whales will spend 5-10K on this game and probably will drop another 20K on future specials like this and around 50K total by the time the servers get shut down in a year or two

For the guys who spent under 10K, I'm sure you can get another couple of thousand together by tomorrow and just buy 100 or more Chromium 8 packs and get back into the game, no big deal...
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Breetai wrote: »
    Sad, but not surprising. This requires you to not only have spent a fortune, but to have done so in a very specific way.

Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • So where is GG at I don't see him anywhere in the game???
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    4995 shards for 7* Gg would take 198 days farm if use gw and arena shards daily to farm that's crazy but games young I'm sure will last well beyond those 198 days at least available to everyone but why such a hard grind for a character that has 98 speed in the speed meta that I don't see changing at all would be terrible all that trouble plus gearing to see him killed so fast pretty depressing I can wait myself let game play out with what I'm doing if along way I have the shards sure but Gg not worth the trouble
  • Jabba wrote: »
    4995 shards for 7* Gg would take 198 days farm if use gw and arena shards daily to farm that's crazy but games young I'm sure will last well beyond those 198 days at least available to everyone but why such a hard grind for a character that has 98 speed in the speed meta that I don't see changing at all would be terrible all that trouble plus gearing to see him killed so fast pretty depressing I can wait myself let game play out with what I'm doing if along way I have the shards sure but Gg not worth the trouble

Not to mention missing out on new characters that will drop in that time
  • I think this isn't a bad move. Before the shard shop, spenders had nothing to show for excess shards.

Then EA made the shard shop. An outlet for extra shards. The price per shard is high and the ability to trade shards for the same shards, albeit at a much higher cost, is silly too. But there was nothing before that. Players knew they were building up reserves of shards while hunting down specific players. It was a failed design but that was the design. Players continued to purchase the packs knowing there was nothing in place.

Now EA adds a shard shop only character and the complaining still continues. GG does cost an egregious amount of shop currency to acquire, but it's not impossible to achieve. It's just not reasonable.

Right now, I have nothing I want to purchase in GW nor arena. I can get shop currency or hold my shards and hope EA adds new characters to those venues. No one is forcing me to get GG. He is simply just another gated option offered to everyone. It's just time that makes the difference.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Jabba wrote: »

If you really want him it's not that bad .. Stay in the top 200 and you get 800 arena a day (with the 100 from daily activity). Finish GW that's 1200. Right there you are at 25 a day. Then add in 5 a day from cantina shipment and another 10 or so from LS/DS and cantina missions and you have 40 a day. Puts you around 120 days or four months. Now you have to drop everything else, but this is a game of choices, farm who you want, still way better than Ben, Aayla, Leia or any of the other chromiums that are only purchasable.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • LukeSkywalker420
    460 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I dont really think you guys are seeing the big picture. He spent 6k and he can get 5* GG immediately. They want you to keep spending they aren't giving everyone a free gift (besides monthly logins). But you can farm nodes, arena , gw for extra shards and get him. So stop whining it isnt as bad as you guys are making it out to be.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    I myself have spent some and am curious if I would be a whale!!
  • Three fiddy.
  • In this game spending 1-2k you are still nothing but a bottom feeding guppy
  • It's not too bad, it could be worse. I'm pretty "whalish" and I'm not even close to unlocking him, although I have a lot of bonus shards sitting around on untrained characters so maybe I should train them
  • Apparently 5k isn't enough to be a whale, since it isn't enough to get 7* GG.