February speculation (MERGE)

Prev13456744
Corrog
308 posts Member
edited January 2018
I've seen hints, hints and speculation, that February will have something exciting to a large portion of the players: Revan. I'd love it if it were true, but I'm thinking if it's related to Revan at all it'll be a future release window for Revan himself. Here's my thoughts:

We've had two hero's journey events, so far. One in August, one in December. Months 8 and 12 out of the year. I anticipate Revan could be another Hero's Journey, set in April. And the groundwork will begin to be laid out in the coming weeks.

If I'm right, I'd expect at least two new characters to be required, in addition to characters that are already in the game. My guess is that this Hero's Journey would be the first to offer divergent paths, requiring different characters. If so, I'd expect more new characters to make each side require a bit of money to feasibly unlock Revan.

Assuming there are two paths, here's the required characters I'd expect for each pathway:

Light path (unlocks Master Revan, Jedi, Support):

Bastila Shan (New character, released in February)
Carth Onasi (New character, released in February)
HK-47
Jedi Consular
Jedi Knight Guardian

Dark Path (unlocks Darth Revan, Sith, Attacker):

Darth Malak (New character, released in February)
Sith Emperor (New character, released in February)
HK-47
Sith Trooper
Sith Assassin

Light Path would follow the formerly canonical events of KotOR. First part is the Taris segment, second is Dantooine, then Manaan, Kashyyk, & Tatooine, in no particular order, then the revelation on Malak's ship, then the Star Forge.

Dark Path would follow Revan's story leading up to and including part of KotOR, as told in the various Old Republic stories. First would be a Mandalorian War battle, then Malachor V, then Dromund Kaas, then a Jedi Civil War battle, then the fight with Bastila, then the revelation on Malak's ship, then the Star Forge.

This would make use of every existing Old Republic character, give us a few more, give CG a panic farm to monetize, and properly set up (via NPCs) a few new units to introduce down the road (Mandalorian soldiers, Mandalore himself, Mission and Zaalbar, and many others).
Post edited by Ambassador on

Replies

• Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    It’s been awfully quiet since the Rey event. When is the next NEW event coming? I appreciate the event calendar release but when it’s purposefully void of new and exciting content to keep it a mystery, it’s kind of pointless...

Anyone else think we’re getting TLJ marquee events?
  • Do you have worked on holiday?
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • we need release of new siths already.
    raven is the best option to swap this disgusting LS meta, along with Palpatine zetas (COME FREAKING ON) and give an alternative that can beat the rebel and resistance teams.

every day we stray further from god.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Drake23 wrote: »
    Do you have worked on holiday?

No but I expected some content to be lined up for early January. Some communication this week would be fantastic. I really expect something along the lines of marquee next week.
  • Updates and information of upcoming events are generally posted mid to end of the week or towards the end of the working day.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • ewqewqc wrote: »
    we need release of new siths already.
    raven is the best option to swap this disgusting LS meta, along with Palpatine zetas (COME FREAKING ON) and give an alternative that can beat the rebel and resistance teams.

every day we stray further from god.

What LS meta do you speak of? Obviously not the current Nightsister meta :smile:
  • I may be the weird one here, but I'm hoping for a little bit of a lull boring period.

So that I can get some good farming done, without having to worry about a new Event or Toon.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • I hope in a rework of the Emperor, in this moment he is one of the most useless sith of my roadster.
    Maybe a new hope for the sith will be the best way to the dark side, those rebels are so overpower

• It will be new movie stuff...Im guessing Rose, Paige, Hodo, Resistance Bomber and the Radus are coming and you'll need the new FO stuff (unmasked Kylo, Etc) to unlock some of it
  • I‘m hoping they just give us some time without big updates. A few new tlj toons are enough. I need to gear up my empire toons for ds tb already.
  • I have a feeling they made a butt load of cash on that vet pack so they'll do the same thing again. Give you enough time to be 50 short and sell a 50 shard pack
  • I would LOVE Raven or an EP rework...but I'm sure we will see TLJ content first...at least I hope so.

• Snoke event will be a 2-parter.......
  • Surprised at how little has been done with relation to the new movie, especially since the devs claim to try and stay topical and current. Maybe therell still be something but it's a lot later than Rogue 1 stuff was. And TFA
  • Zoj
    46 posts Member
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    It’s been awfully quiet since the Rey event. When is the next NEW event coming? I appreciate the event calendar release but when it’s purposefully void of new and exciting content to keep it a mystery, it’s kind of pointless...

Anyone else think we’re getting TLJ marquee events?

Yep, my money's on a TLJ marquee. If this month's login characters are any indication, it'll be a Resistance marquee.

My hope is that the introduction of new Resistance characters ultimately pushes the FO marquee characters from November (?) out of Shipments only and into more readily farmable locations.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Surprised at how little has been done with relation to the new movie, especially since the devs claim to try and stay topical and current. Maybe therell still be something but it's a lot later than Rogue 1 stuff was. And TFA

To be fair, all the Last Jedi characters were kinda duds. :D
  • Ferret2112 wrote: »
    Snoke event will be a 2-parter.......
    One of them will have more legs though.
  • Maybe Disney gave CG exclusive rights to Snoke's back story and it will be revealed in a villain's journey
  • Surprised at how little has been done with relation to the new movie, especially since the devs claim to try and stay topical and current. Maybe therell still be something but it's a lot later than Rogue 1 stuff was. And TFA

I fear EA had to severely revise their release schedule of all SW games because of the BF2 "thing". That sw website with holiday deals was clearly true at some point in time before they got adjusted.

Not gonna give my 2 cents here on the whole thing bc it won't be appreciated, but expect to see a decelarated (slowed down) release schedule.
  • I may be the weird one here, but I'm hoping for a little bit of a lull boring period.

So that I can get some good farming done, without having to worry about a new Event or Toon.

I think we need a free to play stretch with a couple of old factions getting kit reworks. This can be followed with something expensive like Revan/Jango. Just give us a little break.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Globuhl wrote: »
    Ferret2112 wrote: »
    One of them will have more legs though.

+1/2
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I'm just hoping for a focused QoL update. Take time away from new stuff to fix the old stuff. Fix raid ticket tracking, give us a way to open multiple packs, upgrade gear in challenges, etc.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Ferret2112 wrote: »

Well done. + 1/2

@TVF
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    I may be the weird one here, but I'm hoping for a little bit of a lull boring period.

@Metroplex79 I’m farming Baze, Shore and Krennic right now but it’s awfully slow since they all only have 1 hard node :(
  • PoederAmon wrote: »
    Surprised at how little has been done with relation to the new movie, especially since the devs claim to try and stay topical and current. Maybe therell still be something but it's a lot later than Rogue 1 stuff was. And TFA

I fear EA had to severely revise their release schedule of all SW games because of the BF2 "thing". That sw website with holiday deals was clearly true at some point in time before they got adjusted.

Not gonna give my 2 cents here on the whole thing bc it won't be appreciated, but expect to see a decelarated (slowed down) release schedule.

Dunno why itd effect swgoh since this game is freemium model but I think I'd agree cause I can't find any other reason for the sudden drop in content and characters. Holidays didn't slow them down for R1 or TFA like

Yeah actually I do too! Nice break would be appreciated
  • We have Finn and Poe for login character.. what do you think it's about? More Resistance love incoming.