February speculation (MERGE)

Replies

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    I think it will be relatively quiet until the han movie comes out. They will probably add one more character from the movie.

I doubt they'll wait that long to add a single new TLJ character.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya,
    Holiday decorations have been put away and new year has been adequately rung in- time to get back to work!
    Barring any unexpected shenanigans, we should see some Game Update action (and an answer to that "What's Ahead") next week.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Excellent! Thanks @CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    Is everyone forgetting how awful mace is and how anakin need a zeta? Plus the inclusion of Padme and Jango? This means that yes a grevious rework as well, but just some prequels releases/rework. Padawan Anakin/Padme would be dope
  • Options
    I expect TLJ for now, and maybe, just maybe, the Separatist/Republic rework in March/April.
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    What We've Seen:

Shirtless Kylo
    another FOTP
    Woke Rey

What We Haven't

Snoke
    Hux
    Praetorian Guard
    Executioner FO Stormtrooper
    BBvil (BB9e)
    Rose/Paige Tico
    DJ
    Vice Admiral Holdo
    Captain Canady
    Tom Hardy FOST
    Maz Kanata
    Mary Poppins Leia
    Grumpy Luke

I'm all for getting Revan in the game... he's actually #1 on my list of characters I want to see, but the roll-out of TLJ characters has been woefully inadequate compared to characters releases for the last 2 movies. We are sitting in a mostly-stale meta (RJT did nothing for it, only the NS rework added some new flavor) so please CG get us whatever TLJ toons you have ready, quick and cheap, so we can look forward to something old and awesome like Revan.
  • Options
    PoederAmon wrote: »
    Surprised at how little has been done with relation to the new movie, especially since the devs claim to try and stay topical and current. Maybe therell still be something but it's a lot later than Rogue 1 stuff was. And TFA

I fear EA had to severely revise their release schedule of all SW games because of the BF2 "thing". That sw website with holiday deals was clearly true at some point in time before they got adjusted.

Not gonna give my 2 cents here on the whole thing bc it won't be appreciated, but expect to see a decelarated (slowed down) release schedule.

Dunno why itd effect swgoh since this game is freemium model but I think I'd agree cause I can't find any other reason for the sudden drop in content and characters. Holidays didn't slow them down for R1 or TFA like

My gut says they are discussing how to optimize income from all games. Taking mtx out of bf2 might mean they will use existing games to boost cross selling. But I really don't know. It's just something I would do. E.g. release Snoke in swgoh and bf2 and do some promo stuff for bf2 players so they download swgoh like they did with Kylo Ren (masked). This game now has more revenue variance than bf2.
    Or new swgoh content will be released when bf2 has reintroduced mtx, and they don't want this game to get to far ahead.

All theorycrafting, but I really like to see how this works out coming weeks :-)
  • Options
    I may be the weird one here, but I'm hoping for a little bit of a lull boring period.

So that I can get some good farming done, without having to worry about a new Event or Toon.

I'd like just a few Marquee events featuring The last Jedi characters. But yeah nothing that is as time consuming as Rey and Luke event sadly 1/2 on those but I ll be geared better for Rey next time
  • Options
    We have Finn and Poe for login character.. what do you think it's about? More Resistance love incoming.

Watch the movie....

• Options
    lovemat wrote: »
    I may be the weird one here, but I'm hoping for a little bit of a lull boring period.

So that I can get some good farming done, without having to worry about a new Event or Toon.

I'd like just a few Marquee events featuring The last Jedi characters. But yeah nothing that is as time consuming as Rey and Luke event sadly 1/2 on those but I ll be geared better for Rey next time
    I guess I should have added that part in...

I'd prefer if there's no "New Premiere Event for a New Toon", but if they're repeating existing Marquee and/or Battles type, I'm fine with those.

But small changes like enhancing a few old Toons; or a shake up in the GW store (it's the only one that hasn't changed), or adding a few tiny extra prizes to TB and/or TW and/or GW to give people more incentives to play more; or add new hard nodes to Stages 6 & 7 & 8, I'd be ok with that.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Is everyone forgetting how awful mace is and how anakin need a zeta? Plus the inclusion of Padme and Jango? This means that yes a grevious rework as well, but just some prequels releases/rework. Padawan Anakin/Padme would be dope

I don't see how some terrible toons in the game means a grevious rework. By that logic a quarter of the toons are definitely getting a rework because another third are terrible.
  • Options
    Yea exactly what everyone wants. Horrible characters from TLJ. Barf.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    I hope for a Grievous rework ^^

I hope for a Separatist faction pass - including a GG rework and making him fleet commander for the CIS faction in his Malevolence ship.

New toons could include: B1 (Roger), Droideka and maybe...Jango?

New ships: Dooku's Solar Sailor, Ventress' Ginivex-class fighter, Vulture Droid, Hyena Bomber, Tri Fighter

This faction needs some serious work to bring up to par - we already have loads of LS ships as well as 2 capital ships for 2 different factions (Rebels and Republic)

DS has fewer ships (especially as Tie Silencer and FOSF Tie Fighter are not easily available). We also have 2 capital ships for DS - but belong to only one faction - Empire

We need to build up the 6 factions for the franchise properly in ships:

Rebels & Empire (both have fleet commanders)

Republic & CIS (only Republic has fleet commander, CIS none)

FO & Resistance (neither faction has fleet commander)

This would also make TW more strategic and diverse when dealing with fleet battle territories.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »

No one said everyone but no one said no one.

Basically, speak for yourself. I want two more Res characters for my two Res teams.

Also I'd like Snoke and Hux.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hiya,
    Holiday decorations have been put away and new year has been adequately rung in- time to get back to work!
    Barring any unexpected shenanigans, we should see some Game Update action (and an answer to that "What's Ahead") next week.

Next week? Really? There hasn't been a reason for people to spend money on the game in nearly a month. Are you guys shooting for another month like last July with low revenues? You could have had multiple good content releases this month, one at the beginning and one near the middle to late month.

There is currently nothing worth buying in the store. Anyone who was going to buy gear already did so last month. Shouldn't you be building on TLJ momentum?
  • Cstone812
    266 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Basically, speak for yourself. I want two more Res characters for my two Res teams.

Hux? Seriously? The emo Ron Weasley that was the laughing stock of the last movie? Yea he was such a badass character.

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

Hux? Seriously? The emo Ron Weasley that was the laughing stock of the last movie? Yea he was such a badass character.

Ok, your dislike is noted. Thanks.
  • Options

A lot of characters need rework, pretty much all Jedi, Vader, Emperor, Griveous etcetera.

Personally i would prefer they do this first.
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    I'd love to see actual statistics showing how many people demanding more zetas have more than a handful themselves. Considering how fast mats are coming up, no new player is ever going to catch up. Ever.
    I'm not sure if this game needs another meta shift just now or any more busy work for that matter. Even with recent qol updates - better gear availability, shorter challenge cooldowns and character reworks it's still a long term endeavour to even try something different yourself. Because there isn't more of anything, this is the very same grind it used to be. Only feels better, which is nice.
    It feels like the metagame is defined only by people with test account access because no one with a right mind would actually gear or zeta something up just to check if and how it works.
    I'd love to see 2 zetas per week which were not RNG based because getting none for a week is not funny nor encouraging. And it happens more often than not.
    /rant
    Otherwise, I like the direction of previous changes. I dislike the pace of implementing most obvious ones.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    The real crime here is that Lando has no synergy with Lobot.

Everyone's been itching to have a reason to 7* that Lobot.
  • Options

Actually he was Bill Weasley ;)
  • Options
    Just curious how long it will be before the next update. As much as I disliked TLJ I can't wait to see some new characters from it.

I don't remember how long after New Years we hearf from the devs last year so I'm asking for this year if anyone has any info.
  • Options
    They said next week
  • Options
    I'd hope in the future they would do a couple of villian s journey one with Anakin to Vader ,another with Ben Solo to Kylo Ren
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    From the other thread with the same question:
    Hiya,

ETA: Great. Thanks for merging the threads and making me look ridiculous. :s
    Post edited by Liath on
  • Options
    Bring in Jar Jar Binks!
  • Skittlesnacks1
    209 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hopefully there will be some insane TLJ resistance toon that makes it where big-money Rey doesn't get slaughtered by f2p 3* night sisters on auto. Give us a REAL 5th member for the RJT teams please.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Jesus, let the game breathe for a moment!
  • Options
    General Leia, Rose, Holdo (+capital ship), Callie (+A-wing), Paige (+bomber), Maz Kanata, Hermit Luke
    Hux (+capital ship), Snoke, BB-9E, FO Executioner, Praetorian Guard, DJ (+ship)
  • Options

Ok, your dislike is noted. Thanks.

Some kind of justification for Hux would be interesting - I just don't see anything there that would be desirable to have as a toon, but maybe I'm missing something. Is he already desirable in a joke-like way similar to how many would want Jar Jar? He's almost like they took Dark Helmet's character from Space Balls and actually put it in a SW movie. That's what I get from the character, but what are you finding appealing? Not trying to debate, but just genuinely intrigued to hear a different view.