TW a Guild Requirement?

Are any guilds requiring participation in TW to ensure that the guild reaches the highest prize tier levels? We are having problems getting enough participation, but tracking who hasn’t signed up is so clumsy with the in game tools. Any tips or suggested rules that are successful?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    its a little hard without a tool to know who attempted a battle and failed. but set a standard and keep people on track, if someone is not living up to what you are trying to build others will come who are.

TW involves a fair amount of planning, at least initially, after that its tracking banners usually a minimum will do the trick. people that can't meet an offensive min, may not be strong enough for what you are looking for. but its all a balance that i dont think anyone can tell you without knowing your whole guild.
  • Okay, thanks for the input. I was referring to people not even signing up, and as a result we are pushed down to a lower tier where we get a full zeta less of rewards. So, do other guilds make TW mandatory, so that even if you lose you are guaranteed a zeta?
  • Honestly it shouldn't even be necessary to set that as a guild requirement... any player who is even mildly interested in the game would at least sign up for TW, regardless of whether they actually set defenses or participate in combat. Anyone who can't even make a single click to join TW should be removed.
  • The effort isn't in clicking to join but participating once you have.

At the moment we have about 90% join and told people not to if they are then not going to do anything, at the moment this does not affect our grouping. Another 5m guild GP and it could do so becomes decision between better rewards but risk losing due to people signing up and doing nothing. Obviously sign up and play is best....
  • We "encourage" members to participate and normally have around a 90 percent participation rate. I kind of rode the fence initially when discussing with officers about participation requirements on this one. But with multiple things going on (HPIT, HAAT, Daily activities, etc.) it seems a LOT to REQUIRE an event that doesn't punish or reward if he/she can't participate. That being said we left it voluntary. Yes it sucks when we're sitting right at that bubble for the next active GP level to have non-participants but a week or 2 after that and it doesn't matter. The only thing I would say is we do actively punish members who sign up but then contribute nothing (no defensive or offensive attempts) as that hurts way worse than someone who just didn't sign up.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • NicolBolas wrote: »
    Honestly it shouldn't even be necessary to set that as a guild requirement... any player who is even mildly interested in the game would at least sign up for TW, regardless of whether they actually set defenses or participate in combat. Anyone who can't even make a single click to join TW should be removed.

It is not the click, it is the frustation from being destroyed with no chance to win, we missed the last TW because lack of participation, at least we are in the current TW.
  • It might be time to merge or join with another like minded guild.
  • Guild Officer here, and here's how I keep track:
    If you have a spreadsheet app (Microsoft Excel) do this: Make a list of names of everyone in your guild before joining TW is available in Column A.

Once the lock-in time has expired, look at the list of every whom joined. This list goes in column B.

Anybody who is on column A but NOT on column B, get listed in column C.
    Next TW just repeat. Do what you have to do or say what you have to say at this point. We become more lenient as time goes on bc TW is dumb.
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    We require sign up and suggest that anyone who doesn't have time to commit to an offensive set their entire roster on defense (we don't have enough people with more than one team, or deep rosters, to fill every territory at this point). Sure, there are people who miss sign ups, and we're tolerant to a point (missing more than two and three without notice and/or reason is grounds for a boot, especially if activity is weak in other areas).

I'm the events officer and track who signs up, the number of defensive squads set by each person, and the number of successful attacks made by each person (I would really like a tool that let me track attempts; it would change how I approached minimum requirements). Then I assign points to track average (over the last five wars) and life-long activity; anyone below a certain threshold is going to get a talking to... I'd say about 60% of them are in the green, another 30% in the yellow, and most the rest in the orange (I'm this close to booting the guy in the red).

It's not nearly as complicated as it sounds, I promise!