TW: Officer / GL - Team Rejection

Bhaalor
1724 posts Member
Something that would be very helpful in the game for TW is the ability to remove teams from TW. We have some very well intentioned; but not so optimal team placements by individuals and it would be great to be able to remove them. Yes we've talked to them, but I think that a few still dont understand.

Replies

• I couldn’t agree more. We have the same problem in our guild an it would be nice to have to chance to replace or modify teams after setting them up.
  • Moved to TW subsection.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The devs have stated they would not grant one player control over anothers roster in this way. This is why all "prohibited actions" are still optional and can be ignored.

From my understanding this will never happen.
  • Why not at least allow that user to edit their squad while still in defensive setup stage then, I don't understand why they have to be locked immediately. I wouldn't want to go in and delete a bunch of members as that will discourage them but would be great to be able to suggest a better setup and they could edit the squad themselves. Why can we leave and rejoin during the register phase but not edit our defensive units during the defensive stage?
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    The devs have stated they would not grant one player control over anothers roster in this way. This is why all "prohibited actions" are still optional and can be ignored.

Devs please stop adding content where my success and enjoyment depends on 49 strangers who mostly play while taking a dump.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Why not at least allow that user to edit their squad while still in defensive setup stage then, I don't understand why they have to be locked immediately. I wouldn't want to go in and delete a bunch of members as that will discourage them but would be great to be able to suggest a better setup and they could edit the squad themselves. Why can we leave and rejoin during the register phase but not edit our defensive units during the defensive stage?

That is a good point, not sure why it's one and done.
    Naw wrote: »

Devs please stop adding content where my success and enjoyment depends on 49 strangers who mostly play while taking a dump.

Maybe you are in the wrong guild if you feel that all 49 of them are not meeting your expectations.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member

Maybe you are in the wrong guild if you feel that all 49 of them are not meeting your expectations.

Let me clarify then - We are not given proper tools to manage these team efforts and you have been doing your best to describe why we won’t be getting those tools.

I need to pull our a spreadsheet to track who have deployed for defense, who have not attacked, how much GP we potentially can still deploy, try to figure out who has not yet completed a mission and how to get them do so, removing accidentally (or intentionally) deployed garbage teams back to the pool, etc.

You know, this is a game people can play while on above described business. The answer is not to kick someone who missed an event for whatever reason (such as spending quality time with their family), yet it affects everyone else in the guild, potentially significantly.

We are asking for better tools, we got 25% of what was wanted and in some cases something that no one wanted (3* lock). Too much to ask?
  • Why not at least allow that user to edit their squad while still in defensive setup stage then, I don't understand why they have to be locked immediately. I wouldn't want to go in and delete a bunch of members as that will discourage them but would be great to be able to suggest a better setup and they could edit the squad themselves. Why can we leave and rejoin during the register phase but not edit our defensive units during the defensive stage?

This would be amazing, and to add to it I'd love to be able view the opposing team before attacking like arena. Clicking now just takes us into battle. Are the zetad? What's their stats, mods?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Let me clarify then - We are not given proper tools to manage these team efforts and you have been doing your best to describe why we won’t be getting those tools.

I need to pull our a spreadsheet to track who have deployed for defense, who have not attacked, how much GP we potentially can still deploy, try to figure out who has not yet completed a mission and how to get them do so, removing accidentally (or intentionally) deployed garbage teams back to the pool, etc.

You know, this is a game people can play while on above described business. The answer is not to kick someone who missed an event for whatever reason (such as spending quality time with their family), yet it affects everyone else in the guild, potentially significantly.

We are asking for better tools, we got 25% of what was wanted and in some cases something that no one wanted (3* lock). Too much to ask?

Ok that is more clear, your original statement sounded like your guild was the issue.

But the tools we have are sufficient for much of what you are asking to an extent.

As stated by the devs they will never give someone else control over another s account. So you will always need to trust what they are going to do. They will always be able to bypass anything you do in game. With that limitation in place, I wonder how much they can add.

How much we each put in outside of the game is on us, they really cant fix that.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    And as long as we all have the same rules, and deal with the same issues, it is a fair playing field. Take the opportunity to teach your guildmates better strategies to gain advantage over your opponents. Knowing the deficiencies of the game can actually give you the edge if you use it right.
  • Will0fth3F0rc3
    27 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Kyngzilla wrote: »
    Why not at least allow that user to edit their squad while still in defensive setup stage then, I don't understand why they have to be locked immediately. I wouldn't want to go in and delete a bunch of members as that will discourage them but would be great to be able to suggest a better setup and they could edit the squad themselves. Why can we leave and rejoin during the register phase but not edit our defensive units during the defensive stage?

This would be amazing, and to add to it I'd love to be able view the opposing team before attacking like arena. Clicking now just takes us into battle. Are the zetad? What's their stats, mods?
    @Kyngzilla
    You can view the stats of the opponent’s squad one at a time. If you see a squad you think you can take before selecting them to battle you simply tap and hold the icon of toon you want to see stats for. If you just tap it will bring to the screen to select your squad for battle. If this happens simply go back to the screen where it shows all the defensive squads in that territory. Then find the opponent you wanted to battle and try again. Maybe they can improve this but it is currently doable.
  • Bosphorath_Meldibar
    42 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    There's no justification for not allowing the guild owner or officers to remove a squad from deployment. Having a binary "prohibit / not prohibit" doesn't solve anything. There's no method to control what is allowed where, only whether ANYTHING is allowed or not.

It's crazy that the devs won't provide the guild owners and officers improved controls over TW deployments when the entire guild suffers because some dummy dropped a hot load of garbage into TW. Everyone suffers because of one player who doesn't listen. That's not ok.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    How about a simple solution then to this problem, as sending comms was already made possible with the orders?

Let officers flag teams for removal, send a notification to the player who placed the team and give them an ability to remove it?
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Please give us the possibility to remove our own teams, or at lest remove the auto filling of toons in the select screen, as a player can accidentally tap the wrong button, and seriously screw up a couple of usable teams, plus have a non leader in the lead spot
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    How about a simple solution then to this problem, as sending comms was already made possible with the orders?

Let officers flag teams for removal, send a notification to the player who placed the team and give them an ability to remove it?

That works; I'd love the ability to remove my own teams to when I mess up something.
  • I agree with most of the sentiment in here.

I understand (and agree with) the need to not give an officer or guild leader direct control over someone else's account/teams/deployment. But the ability to remove my own teams would be a big plus.

Whether I deployed the wrong heroes (thanks to the auto-populate "feature"), simply changed my mind on who I would use or simply deployed them to the wrong territory by mistake. This should be made available to make coordination within the guild easier and communication meaningful.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I agree with most of the sentiment in here.

I understand (and agree with) the need to not give an officer or guild leader direct control over someone else's account/teams/deployment. But the ability to remove my own teams would be a big plus.

Whether I deployed the wrong heroes (thanks to the auto-populate "feature"), simply changed my mind on who I would use or simply deployed them to the wrong territory by mistake. This should be made available to make coordination within the guild easier and communication meaningful.

Absolutely, let me flag a team, or let me remove my own and ask/tell another individual to remove theirs.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

+1
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member

Our only recourse has been to boot them and re-invite. So while we cannot control what they put in, we can do that. They dont get to participate; but we at least get a decent team in. So in a way we still do have direct control, but I completely agree with your idea.