So, let's devide the Resistance

Now that Rose & Holdo are out, there are going to be 10 total resistance members. So, for TW if nothing else, everyone should build two resistance teams - zFinn is probably the best offensive team, and JT Rey the best defensive team. So, who else should go with each leader?
IMO, it's pretty obvious that Finn works best with Poe and RT, while Rey needs BB8 (who works great with R2). So, who goes with who?

Replies

• RJT/BB8/Rose/Holdo/R2. Finn/Poe/RT/RP/ScavRey.
  • JakeC
    149 posts Member
    Didn't you see TLJ? They're not called the resistance anymore, they're called rebels
  • Episode 8 is literally the empire strikes back and some parts of return of the Jedi put into one big craphole
  • JakeC wrote: »
    Didn't you see TLJ? They're not called the resistance anymore, they're called rebels
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    Episode 8 is literally the empire strikes back and some parts of return of the Jedi put into one big craphole

Did you guys get lost or something? This isn't the "complain about TLJ" thread.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    RJT/BB8/Rose/Holdo/R2. Finn/Poe/RT/RP/ScavRey.

Thanks for a post that's actually got anything to do with the thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fives5555
    331 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    JakeC wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    Episode 8 is literally the empire strikes back and some parts of return of the Jedi put into one big craphole

Did you guys get lost or something? This isn't the "complain about TLJ" thread.
    Stating facts isn't complaining that's why the fan rating is at 50%
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    "Craphole" sounds like complaining to me. That's still beside the point, as that's not what this thread is about either way. Now, maybe you think I answered the question sufficiently in the first post, in which case, why post at all? Find another thread, maybe one actually about the movie, to complain comment about it.

To get back to the topic, are there any other compositions that would work well? Rose doesn't inflict expose, so you could maybe swap Rose and ScavRey. Rose'd get a lot of offense from Poe, too.
  • Better not swap rose with scavrey.
    Zetad scavrey, or scavZey helping the team alot with daze, while JTR and bb8 can do that at the other team.
  • Goodgil wrote: »
    Now that Rose & Holdo are out, there are going to be 10 total resistance members. So, for TW if nothing else, everyone should build two resistance teams - zFinn is probably the best offensive team, and JT Rey the best defensive team. So, who else should go with each leader?
    IMO, it's pretty obvious that Finn works best with Poe and RT, while Rey needs BB8 (who works great with R2). So, who goes with who?
    RJT/BB8/Rose/Holdo/R2. Finn/Poe/RT/RP/ScavRey.

I agree ^^ you now have an offense and defense team for res!

Rose and holdo will be great with jtr and on defense.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    I would run
    JTR/bb8/r2/scavenger/holdo
    Finn/Poe/RT/RP/rose

I can’t seperate my maxed scavenger from my rey lead.
    Rose will be able to clear all tm from enemies when needed which could come in handy for finn team
  • Don't break up Finn and rose
  • JakeC wrote: »

And Lord forbid they remove the Resistance tag in game and get under the Rebel umbrella... That would the end of the dark side in this game in one hit :neutral:
  • RJT/BB8/Rose/Holdo/R2. Finn/Poe/RT/RP/ScavRey.

The only thing about that lineup is that scav Rey is a beast under JT Rey... The multi-attack does wonders. I'd switch between her and Rose.
  • As a ds lover I would dare to say - I want one more res toon. To take r2 out of the equation. He is obviously an irreplaceable toon within the game but would be nice to stick him in other teams for tw.
  • mrail
    18 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    As a ds lover I would dare to say - I want one more res toon. To take r2 out of the equation. He is obviously an irreplaceable toon within the game but would be nice to stick him in other teams for tw.

Agreed. What if you really want R2 for one of your rebel teams? What would 2 squads look like if you couldn't use R2 in Resistance?

edit: I know this would mean inserting in 1 non resistance toon. I'm thinking in terms of TW/TB if I've committed R2 to a rebel team already. Who would be a good toon to plug in to 4 resistance members (for now until they release another, come-on Res A wing pilot like Tallie or Rose's sister as a bomber pilot).
  • JakeC
    149 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    It's essentially the new 5 as a team and the old 5 as a team, which kinda makes it show that every character that has come out since the initial 5 don't have much synergy with the old 5, which is a shame
  • As a ds lover I would dare to say - I want one more res toon. To take r2 out of the equation. He is obviously an irreplaceable toon within the game but would be nice to stick him in other teams for tw.

I've come to realise that if you need a toon for a res squad, b2 does wonders. He gains tm if things go wrong and can pop up exposes as well as dispelling taunts (he would go to the zfinn team)