Talzin in shipments

Prev134
mikk207
242 posts Member
edited January 2018
So, Talzin will be in shipments, maybe even farmable.

CG advertised Talzin and Wicket as toons you can't farm or buy in shipments, really hard to get to 7*.
There is a spreading of expectations and then a 180 degree turnaround.

What is with the people who spend tons of crystals and maybe real money with the expectation to have a 7* toon that is really hard

I know that some things need to be adressed when it is not working the way as intended,
but this is ridiculous.
Either it was on purpose to lure money out of the players pocket or so pitiful thought out that no one saw a 2 year event farm

Very disappointing

Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• This deserves a real answer. Thanks for posting.
  • Yeah I'm very disappointed that I don't have enough disposable income to spend on this game.
  • Which shipment is shipments? Do they mean the crystal one yeah?
  • Gwonk
    239 posts Member
    Likely the crystal one, yeah.
    Personally i'm thrilled with this decision! I'm sure i'm not alone.
  • CerealKiller
    604 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    After listening to feedback and collecting player data, it’s clear that our efforts to make the distribution of these faction-defining characters special - by having them behind recurring events has caused confusion on how marquee characters are released. In the future, we will be working harder to preserve the integrity of the Character Release Cadence, by ensuring that characters released via marquee events cycle through the game in a more standardized fashion, within clearly defined periods of time.

"farmable exclusively"

you see the issue was that they WERE NOT farmable exclusively in the event, they were also aveilable for money so the new players that droped some 50$ easily climb in the arena rank 1 with a 78k 4 stars talzin. If it was the same for all they would have been special but as it stands, not owning them will only punish free to players...jsut like platoons and all new characters that aren't farmable yet but buyable for money.

Edit PS I am not a f2p and neither is half of my guild, but the other half is. The issue was not the buisness aspect of the purchese but rather the fact that on my pvp shard there are guys climbing in top 10 that don't own cls OR JTR and use 4*NS team. Now to make things worse our JTR teams lose to them and we have a terrible time in PVP due to the win/lose on rey
    I loved zaris meta because you couldn't lose on ofense under GK lead, just climb and done, now we have to farm troopers and gear them up just to deal with NS
  • What happened, is that CG decided to implement this AWFUL new release model where it would take 2 years to 7* a character. The response was a lot of players said "Why even bother?" and made no effort to gear their Ewoks and NS (ESPECIALLY Ewoks). CapGasp said he was very surprised how few people were even attempting the Wicket event.
    Even though it's a slap in the face to people who whale'd out for a 7* MT and Wicket, I do think it's the right decision, because that release model could not have been worse.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2018
    I would just like to point out that in the MT wicket release plan they laid out they did say they all may go to shipments at some point.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/140318/wicket-mother-talzin-nightsister-spirit-and-nightsister-zombie-going-forward#latest
  • I think it is completely fine if they change views on this topic and I dont think that the people that paid (for too much) for a single toon in a mobile game would restrain from paying for the respective toon if it would have been advertised differently. No need to freak out. There are surely people who paid a shitload of moneyz for random toons, too, knowing they go free to play eventually.

Once again the usual complain thread
  • A lot of people that bought this character did so thinking they were essentially buying zetas. While everyone else would be farming her shards they would get zetas. Turns out the event comes back only a single time before she can be obtained via other methods. The buyers were absolutely misled.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I would just like to point out that in the MT wicket release plan they laid out they did say they all may go to shipments at some point.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/140318/wicket-mother-talzin-nightsister-spirit-and-nightsister-zombie-going-forward#latest

This is a direct quote from that update about MT.

"Defense of Dathomir event is planned to be her only farmable location afterwards."

"Shipments" is where we buy them for crystals. The plan as they stated it was that they would never be farmable outside of the monthly event, but we might some day be able to buy them out of crystal shipments. The announcement that they will be farmable through normal means is a big departure. I'm certainly happy about it though.

• If advertised in the way it is now, I would never had spend crystals on Talzin.
    It is a difference if you can farm/buy a toon via shipments or have something that lasts a bit longer.
    As statet from CG "Defense of Dathomir event is planned to be her only farmable location afterwards."
  • I don’t understand why they didn’t make these events weekly. This would satisfy all, extra Zeta for those that paid and a greatly increased speed of acquiring these two units.
  • What happened, is that CG decided to implement this AWFUL new release model where it would take 2 years to 7* a character. The response was a lot of players said "Why even bother?" and made no effort to gear their Ewoks and NS (ESPECIALLY Ewoks). CapGasp said he was very surprised how few people were even attempting the Wicket event.
    Even though it's a slap in the face to people who whale'd out for a 7* MT and Wicket, I do think it's the right decision, because that release model could not have been worse.

The idea is great to have a special event farm, the timeframe was the problem and if they communicated that the event would happen more frequently im sure more people would have made an effort to go for wicket or talzin. But 10 shards a month is an insult for the effort required especially since you have to actually gear up the ewoks

So you know what they should have done? They should have released the event weekly. Now everyone gets her 7* for free in 6 months with no energy investment, but everyone who paid for her then gets a lot of zetas. Open the packs back up again and you might even sell a lot more now that a) people realize how strong she is (remember how they thought NS weren’t that good at first) and b) they would get 8-16 zeta mats per month.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    What this means is that Dolphins will start getting 6*-7* MT now, not just the whales.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

"Defense of Dathomir event is planned to be her only farmable location afterwards."

"Shipments" is where we buy them for crystals. The plan as they stated it was that they would never be farmable outside of the monthly event, but we might some day be able to buy them out of crystal shipments. The announcement that they will be farmable through normal means is a big departure. I'm certainly happy about it though.

Here is another quote from that post.
    Also similar to Wicket, Mother Talzin will not be available in Shipments for the immediate future, but may eventually find a home there.
  • Woie
    20 posts Member
    Having the events more often and/or having them drop more shards would have been a better way to fix this.. you know actually rewarding people that took the time to work their nightsisters/ewoks to do the event. My Nightsisters and ewoks have not been worked on yet they where getting to the top of my to do list, I did not buy any packs for talzin or wicket but even I feel like this is a slap in the face
  • Right, the only problem was the timeframe with the original plan. I like it in theory, but it needed to be something like 25 shards twice a month. Then instead of feeling like 2 years, there’s no hope, it would have been something like 5 or 6 months till we’d all have it, and those who did buy to have them exclusive fast would have been getting 4-8 (I think) zetas a month, which would have been a nice huge bonus. Or if that’s too many bonus zetas, do 50 wicket shards per attempt and do it once a month. Still comes out to the same amount of zetas ppl are currently getting, and in 5 or 6 months everyone is there, just like a hard farm.

They just made it so scarce that so few people bought into it.

But now it’s either leave it the way it has been to reward those who did purchase, even tho they realize now it was a bad plan, or screw over the people who bought them, but allow these toons to be usedable, still slower than a normal toon. Obviously as FTP I am very happy they made the switch, cuz I didn’t for a second buy into these events. But I can totally see where everyone who did purchase could be pretty upset about this move :/
  • It's cool with me, I like using the sisters and I've been saving crystals so I can refresh the events to get a leg up.

Note I didn't say anything about buying crystal packs, just saving them up. Everything in this game is FTP if you just wait a little while, let the whales whale around and have their fun for a while until it all becomes free - it's their money to lose / I mean spend on what they want to.

Also similar to Wicket, Mother Talzin will not be available in Shipments for the immediate future, but may eventually find a home there.

That was a pretty quick eventually, but even if we give you shipments, it was made pretty clear that Talzin would require crystals to acquire anywhere else outside of her event. This update says she will go to a more traditional farm location now.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Are they going to at least maintain the defense event to give those of us who did buy her the Zeta's that were supposed to get monthly? If not, it's another major PR screw up by CG and EA.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2018

That was a pretty quick eventually, but even if we give you shipments, it was made pretty clear that Talzin would require crystals to acquire anywhere else outside of her event. This update says she will go to a more traditional farm location now.

I am just trying to make sure all the information is out there. They did offer this possibility.
  • sneeyatch wrote: »
    It's cool with me, I like using the sisters and I've been saving crystals so I can refresh the events to get a leg up.

Note I didn't say anything about buying crystal packs, just saving them up. Everything in this game is FTP if you just wait a little while, let the whales whale around and have their fun for a while until it all becomes free - it's their money to lose / I mean spend on what they want to.

Isnt it like, 900 crystals for 1 refresh or something ridiculous like that?
  • Dear EA,
    You have again proven that You are great company when we talk about earning money.
    At the beginning You underline, communicate that chars are EVENT EXCLUSIVE and it will take three years to farm them or get shards from pack - i suppose it brought You significant income in this game in previous year.
    Now using unreliable explanation of "After listening to feedback" You put this chars (without any earlier communication that You take it into consideration) into shipments where You again profit from crystals sale.
    Seriously, Congrats of perfect strategy!!!!! Someone must be very happy of merit reward.

BUT

what You have again PROVEN that You do not care about players and Your brand which with every this kind of decision is losing credibility.

Next time please take into account other aspects, not only money.
  • I think they perfectly stated that they may be made available elsewhere in the future.

Your missing the point. Seems as though the devs can be justified with every mistake they make. The player base is insulted. Can't you guys see that? Your release cadence is broken/not followed
  • NS are pretty OP. And to make Talzin a 2 year farm was just silly. They realized that and have adjusted the cadence accordingly. This decision makes perfect sense for the vast majority of the player base.

The only people complaining are those that spent a lot of money to level up Talzin, so that they could have an advantage over others. Well, you had that advantage for months. But you had to know there was a chance she would be farmable before 2 years went by. Come on. Be realistic.
  • Dear EA,
    You have again proven that You are great company when we talk about earning money.
    At the beginning You underline, communicate that chars are EVENT EXCLUSIVE and it will take three years to farm them or get shards from pack - i suppose it brought You significant income in this game in previous year.
    Now using unreliable explanation of "After listening to feedback" You put this chars (without any earlier communication that You take it into consideration) into shipments where You again profit from crystals sale.
    Seriously, Congrats of perfect strategy!!!!! Someone must be very happy of merit reward.

BUT

what You have again PROVEN that You do not care about players and Your brand which with every this kind of decision is losing credibility.

Next time please take into account other aspects, not only money.

"Going forward, you’ll also see them in more traditional farmable locations."

They tried something new, they listened to feedback, and they're reverting to the old cadence. In the end they need to make money so just be happy they realized they made a mistake.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Your missing the point. Seems as though the devs can be justified with every mistake they make. The player base is insulted. Can't you guys see that? Your release cadence is broken/not followed

I have a 7* MT. :wink:
    I didn't miss anything.

I am just pointing out they said this is a possibility.

I referenced that. Shipments with the capital "S" is where you purchase characters for crystals. So the plan was they would never be farmable, but possibly, maybe some day they would go to Shipments where we could buy them for crystals. But they would still not be in any location that could be farmed with energy/store currency.