Talzin in shipments

Replies

• people who spent money had enough advantage since shes still only farmable with crystals
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You put this chars (without any earlier communication that You take it into consideration) into shipments where You again profit from crystals sale.
    What you are saying is not true, they did state this as a possibility
    Also similar to Wicket, Mother Talzin will not be available in Shipments for the immediate future, but may eventually find a home there.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/140318/wicket-mother-talzin-nightsister-spirit-and-nightsister-zombie-going-forward#latest
  • Personally would have been happy (F2P BTW) if they had just made the events weekly and set the shards so it was a year or maybe even as low as a 9 month time investment. Admittedly for the first sets of toons released this way it would have been slow because we wouldn't get these toons for awhile, but if a new toon was released this way every couple of months, those that invested in the toons needed to farm would have a steady set of toons coming in bi-monthly. Part of the problem is the psychological downside, two years is far too far in the future for a game to consider investing, even if you have no plans to quit. It needs to be quick enough that it feels like making progress and slow enough that it feels like a reasonable farm.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I would just like to point out that in the MT wicket release plan they laid out they did say they all may go to shipments at some point.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/140318/wicket-mother-talzin-nightsister-spirit-and-nightsister-zombie-going-forward#latest

This is a direct quote from that update about MT.

"Defense of Dathomir event is planned to be her only farmable location afterwards."

"Shipments" is where we buy them for crystals. The plan as they stated it was that they would never be farmable outside of the monthly event, but we might some day be able to buy them out of crystal shipments. The announcement that they will be farmable through normal means is a big departure. I'm certainly happy about it though.

Here is another quote from that post.
    Also similar to Wicket, Mother Talzin will not be available in Shipments for the immediate future, but may eventually find a home there.

Your missing the point. Seems as though the devs can be justified with every mistake they make. The player base is insulted. Can't you guys see that? Your release cadence is broken/not followed

I have a 7* MT. :wink:
    I didn't miss anything.

I am just pointing out they said this is a possibility.

Yeah but not farmable ??
  • Dears
    You put this chars (without any earlier communication that You take it into consideration) into shipments where You again profit from crystals sale.

Possibility You refer to is valid for Zombie and Spirit for MT and Wicket it is
    "The Defense of Dathomir event will then reoccur at least once a month at that point and will be where players will be able to obtain shards of Mother Talzin, until otherwise announced.
    Defense of Dathomir event is planned to be her only farmable location afterwards."
  • There's almost no point to farm Mother Talzin now, Holdo's daze will stop NS, CLS, and Ewoks.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • All things are always subject to the possibility of change. If they did not change the availability of those characters, how many players would still be ranting about the length of that farm ?
    Besides, 900 Crystals for the refresh of their events, for 10 additional shards, is equal to an individual shard value of 90 Crystals. Until now, shards purchasable on Shipments are either valued at 50 Crystals per shard (for older toons), or 80 Crystals per shard (for newer and/or stronger toons). So, even if you paid refreshes every time, you only spent an extra 10 Crystals per shard - IF Mother Talzin and Wicket are released at the standard fare of 80/shard. Might go to 100/shard. Nuff’ said...
  • Personally, I don't think I will ever whale out for a toon like Talzin or Wicket again. What's the point if they are going to just make their shards farmable through crystal shipments after a few months.

I will just spend crystals on gear and refreshes and considering I do earn a nice crystal income through regular and fleet arena, that just means I will be spending significantly less on the game now.

Thanks EA! :D
  • Ambassador wrote: »
    All things are always subject to the possibility of change. If they did not change the availability of those characters, how many players would still be ranting about the length of that farm ?
    Besides, 900 Crystals for the refresh of their events, for 10 additional shards, is equal to an individual shard value of 90 Crystals. Until now, shards purchasable on Shipments are either valued at 50 Crystals per shard (for older toons), or 80 Crystals per shard (for newer and/or stronger toons). So, even if you paid refreshes every time, you only spent an extra 10 Crystals per shard - IF Mother Talzin and Wicket are released at the standard fare of 80/shard. Might go to 100/shard. Nuff’ said...

Thanks for admitting that the farm for these characters were ridiculous to begin with! Just curious, did Kyno send you for backup ?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dears

Possibility You refer to is valid for Zombie and Spirit for MT and Wicket it is
    "The Defense of Dathomir event will then reoccur at least once a month at that point and will be where players will be able to obtain shards of Mother Talzin, until otherwise announced.
    Defense of Dathomir event is planned to be her only farmable location afterwards."

But you are editing out the statement that says they may find a home in shipments. If your putting information out there please use the whole story. You said they didn't say what they did say.
  • I have spent several refreshes for Wicket and Talzin and I'm very fine with both being easier to farm. I don't care about my "lost" crystals, what's done is done. I'll get both toons 7 starred much quicker that way. Good call CG.
  • Thank god they changed it.
  • Wow this thread is salty...

There is always points from both sides of the arguement, the case in point is, the ones who paid, made their choice. The ones who didn't also made their choice. EA also made a choice to respect something that they preached before marquee events started...
    Cadence releasing... That's the best thing and the only real impact on all players... Catering to everyone not just P2W and FTP, but both parties...
  • You can get first with a 3 star Talzin,
    it's not about p2w.

It is about stating : Defense of Dathomir event is planned to be her only farmable location afterwards

The other characters like Zombie and spirit were supposed to become farmable eventually
  • There's almost no point to farm Mother Talzin now, Holdo's daze will stop NS, CLS, and Ewoks.

If you have a 7* Wicket or Talzin you get zetas when their event comes around. This was a huge selling point. There were Gamechanger videos about how this was a way for EA to sell zetas. And now they are available to get in a much easier location, and possibly without spending any crystals soon, before those of use who bought her even get to take advantage of the zetas we thought we were paying for.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I don’t understand the problem with MT and Wicket. They are both in chromium packs, correct? Chromium packs can be bought with crystals only. Now their shards can be bought with only crystals. Isn’t that the same thing but more direct? IMO buying with crystals direct is the same as buying the 999 crystal pack with odds of 10-100.
    They didn’t get an easy Cantina node, like KRU. They aren’t in the GW store. They can only be bought with crystals. Same as 2 months ago.

This is a lot to do about nothing.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    KueChael wrote: »
    I don’t understand the problem with MT and Wicket. They are both in chromium packs, correct? Chromium packs can be bought with crystals only. Now their shards can be bought with only crystals. Isn’t that the same thing but more direct? IMO buying with crystals direct is the same as buying the 999 crystal pack with odds of 10-100.
    They didn’t get an easy Cantina node, like KRU. They aren’t in the GW store. They can only be bought with crystals. Same as 2 months ago.

This is a lot to do about nothing.

1) It’s much cheaper to buy it this way. Your numbers are also wrong. It was 1299 shards for 5-330. Average was 7 shards per. You can now get 16 for 1280. So is less than half the price, on average.
    2) They said they are also going to more traditional locations.
  • As a F2P I am more than happy with this sudden change. That 2 years wait to get Talzin usable in raids and last territories in TB was a shame. 4 or 7* made no difference for the arena so it's not like those who paid lost anything in the process.
  • So.. when we first got Mother Talzin we were very expressly told she was only ever going to be available in the new event. Now we have the news today that not only will she be in shipments, but she may be available in other places? How is this okay in any way, shape, or form?

Don’t get me wrong. I’m happy that my other shard mates are going to have a chance to get her too. She’s by far my current favorite toon and a ton of fun to play. But literally the main reason I whaled her was because of her new release cadence. They very plainly made us believe that the Defense of Dathomir was the only location planned for her because they said “Defense of Dathomir event is planned to be her only farmable location afterwards.”

What does that say about all future releases? That we should just never spend and wait until everyone complains enough and the toons get a node? The “integrity” of the release cadence, as they put it, is basically non existent at this point. I already asked support if there’s anything that they could do and they told me no (but others have said they got crystals so take that as you will). At the very very least this hiccup deserve a cholo fiasco level crystal reimbursement.

Holdo won’t do that much to NS. MT lead doesn’t rely on anything daze will mess up and her heal is only single target so it won’t wipe the plague away. They’ll be just fine.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member

Announcement from October

Anyway it's worth noting that everything in this game is ftp if you are willing to wait as long as it takes.
  • Naraic wrote: »

Anyway it's worth noting that everything in this game is ftp if you are willing to wait as long as it takes.

Also “Defense of Dathomir event is planned to be her only farmable location afterwards.” It’s very obvious this is what we were supposed to believe because it was said and discussed over and over. And it was obviously said to sell the toon.

• Naraic wrote: »

True, everything does eventually become ftp. However, Talzin and Wicket seems to be moving towards f2p faster than what was initially announced.
  • They should just run the events like 10 days in a row before they release the toons to stores, that way all the whales who spend money can rack up some zetas and everybody’s happy.
  • So when they say “starting today“ they’ll be available ..... does it actually mean today or tomorrow? Because they’re not there as of the most recent store change over.

R2 helps fix this issue
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    There's almost no point to farm Mother Talzin now, Holdo's daze will stop NS, CLS, and Ewoks.

R2 helps fix this issue
    Or Rex will become meta. AGAIN.
    Good luck with your daze once tenacity up has been raised Admiral...
  • Kyno wrote: »

Please show me where the first MT release shows where she’ll eventually get “more traditional farming locations” like the new update says. Having trouble finding it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Banth wrote: »
    So.. when we first got Mother Talzin we were very expressly told she was only ever going to be available in the new event. Now we have the news today that not only will she be in shipments, but she may be available in other places? How is this okay in any way, shape, or form?

being ok with it or not, is a different conversation, but they did state that this could happen.

Shipments doesn't have to be exclusive to the crystals shipment, but thats a little bit of a stretch.
  • Who actually believed they will never become farmable? Sounds pretty naive to me.