Talzin in shipments

Replies

• Options
    Globuhl wrote: »
    There's almost no point to farm Mother Talzin now, Holdo's daze will stop NS, CLS, and Ewoks.

R2 helps fix this issue
    Or Rex will become meta. AGAIN.
    Good luck with your daze once tenacity up has been raised Admiral...

I think it's already anticipated just in case premium char can be counter with regular char (sorry rex!). That is the cheap mechanic "cannot be avoided/resist/etc". We will reach the moment where tenacity up buff is useless :disappointed:
  • Options
    I still wanna know when they’re going to post the odds on their purchasable packs as Apple has mandated they do ....
  • Options
    Fatzke wrote: »
    Who actually believed they will never become farmable? Sounds pretty naive to me.

Everybody on the forums who were ticked and complaining that they couldn’t get Talzin for 2 years based on the layout they gave us?
  • Rimzo
    120 posts Member
    Options
    It’s amazing what people will complain about.
    I commend them for listening and making this change.
  • Options
    Rimzo wrote: »

Yeah, exactly. If we get 5k crystals as a gift for nothing, they will also complain. :D
    "What about the people who bought crystals lately?"
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Rimzo wrote: »

Agree. They tried something new, it didn't have the desired result so instead of saying "too bad" they changed it. I can live with that.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    The thing is, it’s a mobile game. You spend money to gain a temporary advantage, and sometimes the duration of that advantage varies. This inevitably was going to happen with Talzin and Wicket. If you spent the money upfront, hopefully they were useful to you. It’s the nature of the game. If you’re upset, be patient next time and just don’t spend the money.
  • Options
    The whales and krackens of this game will buy a new character as soon as it is dropped into the game. Most of them will probably g12 them straight away and zeta them up. They will then run them in arena and enjoy their advantage over the the f2p players as long as they don't become farmable (or they don't get bored of them).

The model for a ftp player to farm a toon like Wicket and Talzin i.e. taking 2 years, was ridiculous. Especially when the game is constantly evolving and the meta always changing. Even by the time these toons become available to free to play players via the normal model (I.e. 4-6 months) the meta will have again changed. New characters are always being released and the previous meta tends to be rendered obsolete. I mean, looking at the latest release, holdo has a kit that looks like it will nullify nightsisters.

This update by CG is great and it's quite pathetic that you are complaining they should stay locked behind a paywall. You're just going to buy the next meta and stay ahead of the game anyway. Why should you be so worried?
  • Options
    A good idea maybe would have done wicket/talzin like credit heist/training droids..

Do the events every 7-12 days and give no warning beforehand make it just the one day and sorted... Put the packs in store for the day and enjoy life :)

Simples
  • Options
    The whales and krackens of this game will buy a new character as soon as it is dropped into the game. Most of them will probably g12 them straight away and zeta them up. They will then run them in arena and enjoy their advantage over the the f2p players as long as they don't become farmable (or they don't get bored of them).

The model for a ftp player to farm a toon like Wicket and Talzin i.e. taking 2 years, was ridiculous. Especially when the game is constantly evolving and the meta always changing. Even by the time these toons become available to free to play players via the normal model (I.e. 4-6 months) the meta will have again changed. New characters are always being released and the previous meta tends to be rendered obsolete. I mean, looking at the latest release, holdo has a kit that looks like it will nullify nightsisters.

This update by CG is great and it's quite pathetic that you are complaining they should stay locked behind a paywall. You're just going to buy the next meta and stay ahead of the game anyway. Why should you be so worried?

I agree the timeline was ridiculous, but that’s irrelevant to why we are upset. It’s what the stated. And no, not everyone buys every character. I’ve bought 2. B2 was the first character I bought. Talzin is the only other. I decided to spend because she intrigued me, it was going to be a long, long farm if I didn’t, and it was going to net me a ton of extra zetas in the process (5 to 10 FULL zetas over the course of her release). The zetas were a huge reason I spent. Now, after getting a whole 2 zeta pieces she is available for a fraction of what I paid, and will probably become F2P before I ever get a full zeta extra out of her.
  • Options
    The problem was the time of event returns. It took so long, I forgot the whole point of the events. It is the same for ROLO, now that we only have a LS TB about once a month, I have lost all interest in trying to figure out how to take advantage of her.
    I can only assume that the next round of releases will nullify NS upgrades anyways.
    I can believe they thought Wicket was going to cause us to buy the other two up.
  • Options
    I spent $20 on Talzin ($ pack and some crystals) - I got her to 5* - my other NS were raring to go - and I've been playing in the top of my arena since a little after Halloween. I'm pretty sure I more then "made up for it" from arena. Plus tearing through TW and and DS TB with them.

And I'm quite glad they'll be available in additional ways. I want her 7* sooner, I want to use her for the last phases of DS TB, I want to g12 her, and I want to use her in raids.

All my half decent math was telling me that with constant refreshes and never missing an event and maybe popping a pack now and again it'd still be 11 months to have her 7* - and two years for anyone doing it normally. That's not cool. Devs never hinted it would be any less time.

TL:DR; This was much wanted news for my love loved faction - arigatou.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Making MT and her sisters and wicket farmable is not a slap in the face of people that spent money on the roulette packs to Max them out when they were offered. This move just puts them in line with the release of every other hero in the game. They have a release event along with a one time pack that adds a star and the 1299 crystal roulette pack for the whales. Later they add them to regular crystal shipments and eventually other stores or nodes for the free players. This move simply means that they are no longer a 2 yes grind for free players. You always have a choice on the roulette packs with the knowledge that every hero will eventually be farmable. If you don't like that find any of the hundreds of other games where money allows you to rule the game and smash free players.
  • Options
    Overall I don't have an issue with this as long as MT is not too easy to farm and therefore becomes common place.
    I do have MT 7*. The one and only time I have spent money on this game.
    My concern is that we have a reasonably well balanced game at last with 3/4 factions all having a place. Could this not lead to a glut of NS and JTR teams only in the arena?
  • Options
    Im personally struggling to understand this backlash. Did people have to spend money to get * mt etc... quite clearly yes. Would people still have to spend money to get a 7* mt quickly.. also yes.

To me all this means is that people have another place to spend their cash rather than waiting for packs to turn up
  • Options
    Great, now I can annoy my shard mates by blocking them in arena too
  • Options
    This whole thread just makes my head hurt. Call it false advertising, fraud, scam, greed, or any other term you can come up with. The fact remains that each person here (who paid X amount of money for the NS packs) was not FORCED to spend their money. If you are upset that you were “misled” in some form or fashion then so be it. You are certianly entitled to voice your opinion on the matter.

The sense of entitlement by some (and I cant stress this enough that it is some and NOT all) here is extremely strong and laughable at best. Did some of you really think that these exclusive toons would not at some point become accessible to us poor bottom feeders who dont spend money on the game? Feel free to jump all over and rip my statement apart that this isnt fair to those that paid. When you are done making yourself feel better I implore you to look at the past for those that paid for Nilhus, paid for CLS requirements the first time around, etc. You may be shocked to see some eerily familiar arguments brought forth by those who felt slighted that their paid advantage had been nullified.

In the mean time I will go fire up Pandora radio and I think some Bobby McFerrin “Dont worry...be happy” would be an appropriate song today...
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Drake23 wrote: »
    saying Wicket and Talzin will only be avaible in events and chromium and after 3 months they say "hey you **** players who payed 30000 crystals, we hear you and all others will get it much cheaper"

Everything in this game is gained cheaper as time goes on. People have played hundreds for things others now have for free. They did say this could happen, and this may not be the message that everyone wanted them to listen to, but they are listening.
    Post edited by Vampire_X on
  • Options
    After listening to feedback and collecting player data, it’s clear that our efforts to make the distribution of these faction-defining characters special - by having them behind recurring events has caused confusion on how marquee characters are released. In the future, we will be working harder to preserve the integrity of the Character Release Cadence, by ensuring that characters released via marquee events cycle through the game in a more standardized fashion, within clearly defined periods of time.

"farmable exclusively"

you see the issue was that they WERE NOT farmable exclusively in the event, they were also aveilable for money so the new players that droped some 50$ easily climb in the arena rank 1 with a 78k 4 stars talzin. If it was the same for all they would have been special but as it stands, not owning them will only punish free to players...jsut like platoons and all new characters that aren't farmable yet but buyable for money.

Edit PS I am not a f2p and neither is half of my guild, but the other half is. The issue was not the buisness aspect of the purchese but rather the fact that on my pvp shard there are guys climbing in top 10 that don't own cls OR JTR and use 4*NS team. Now to make things worse our JTR teams lose to them and we have a terrible time in PVP due to the win/lose on rey
    I loved zaris meta because you couldn't lose on ofense under GK lead, just climb and done, now we have to farm troopers and gear them up just to deal with NS

GK Barris, Hermit, CLS, R2. Beats any nightsister team on offence, plague can just be ignored completely. Start the fight with buff immunity on acoylte, Kill daka, Kill acolyte. Game over.
  • RekiemD
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Well, CG already reached the people willing to spend a lot for wicket/talzin, now they are reaching people who are willing to spend less.. it's simple as that.
  • Plokoon187
    158 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm not upset about anything.. that being said I understand why people are. I'm a dolphin. I didn't spend on nihilus one cent and finally 7 starred him this past week (totally free about 1 yr later) with single node farming while going steady with other priorities...but
    This was stated:
    Mother Talzin will follow the character release cadence.
    First, she will be released via her Marquee event (and additional shards can be obtained via Defense of Dathomir).
    Approximately 4 - 6 weeks later she will make an appearance in the Chromium pack.
    After appearing in the Chromium, approximately another 4 - 6 weeks later, the Defense of Dathomir event will be return.
    The Defense of Dathomir event will then reoccur at least once a month at that point and will be where players will be able to obtain shards of Mother Talzin, until otherwise announced.
    Defense of Dathomir event is planned to be her only farmable location afterwards.

And that was their communicated updated amendment in October.
  • Options
    People are getting bent outta shape for no reason....
    Talzin and Wicket are buyable, not farmable at the moment. Granted that will change down the road, but we don't yet know when. Even if they put them both on a single hard node, it's still going to take 6 months for a FTP player to max them....
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Again
    It was perfectly clear to me that Talzin will be farmable at one point or that the event will appear more often than once a month.

But after, what was it, 2 Dathomir Events ?

They clearly stated, that there is no plan to put her in shipments, at least not in the near future, again:2 Dathomir Events ?

I don't believe anyone who says he/she isn't surprised with this turnaround.

Post edited by Vampire_X on
  • Options
    Right now, they went from 90 a shard to 80 a shard and still whale only toons. But, depending on what comes next, it might not matter. People whaled for MT and Zombie, but there is a counter to them. People whaled for CLS, but there is a counter for him. JiTRey, BB8, R2, Rose, and Holdo will be the new META, until the newer META counter comes out. Its the circle of life.

At one time Maul and Dooku were META, but their days have been passed by.
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    Personally, I don't think I will ever whale out for a toon like Talzin or Wicket again. What's the point if they are going to just make their shards farmable through crystal shipments after a few months.

I will just spend crystals on gear and refreshes and considering I do earn a nice crystal income through regular and fleet arena, that just means I will be spending significantly less on the game now.

Thanks EA! :D

That just an asinine statement. All characters at some point if the follow the cadence are farmable no more than a few months after their release
  • Options
    Now with them in shipments, I wonder if the refresh cost of the event will go down? Isn't it the same price as buying them in shipments?
  • CryGonJinn
    402 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Having two vaults and a crate, plus refreshing the Defense of Dathomir event each time, invested in Talzin, this decision by EA is a stab in the back.

Hope EA is happy with the thousands I’ve invested in the game because from this moment on, I’m done.

Edit: And Talzin still ain’t 7 star
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    Now with them in shipments, I wonder if the refresh cost of the event will go down? Isn't it the same price as buying them in shipments?

Probably no plans right now because they didn't consider that until you just mentioned it.

Oh, like one little glaring inconsistency's gonna change something. You need something real, something crazy, like Nute Gunray being useful in the raid - now that, THAT, stops the whole machine in it's tracks until it gets fixed.

Speaking of Talzin - HER 5% TM GAIN on her lead STILL ISN'T FIXED.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    Personally, I don't think I will ever whale out for a toon like Talzin or Wicket again. What's the point if they are going to just make their shards farmable through crystal shipments after a few months.

I will just spend crystals on gear and refreshes and considering I do earn a nice crystal income through regular and fleet arena, that just means I will be spending significantly less on the game now.

Thanks EA! :D

This is actually a good thing. The less people spend the cheaper everything becomes. Lets hope your thoughts are contageous
  • Options
    They said "until announced otherwise" and now they've announced otherwise. Where is the surprise? Seriously, they did not sign a legal contract saying what the release cadence would be. They are always free to change it at will.
    I'm personally on the fence about whether I like this. Now others will get NS and I will see more counters against my 4* mt in arena because of the more ns squads that will show up. But I will be able to up my own mt.