FOSFTP Shards in the Guild Store?

Why are we putting more characters into an already crowded rotation in the guild store when the cantina, GW, and arena stores haven't been touched since Phoenix came out 8 months ago?

I have literally been using those stores solely for shard shop currency since I maxed Phoenix. I have had 25k currency saved up in each store when new characters only ever end up in either the guild store or cantina nodes. What gives?

Replies

• Options
    I know guild store is pretty intense atm but i'm not gonna complain its a lot better than a single hard node which i was expecting.
  • Options
    +1 need love for other stores or admit it will never get new contend.
  • Options
    Zaraos wrote: »
    I know guild store is pretty intense atm but i'm not gonna complain its a lot better than a single hard node which i was expecting.

He's not a great character anyway and his ship is equally underwhelming. I would have rather they got a hard node than increase the crowding in a guild store where I already am farming Starck and would rather be farming gear or a couple other randos to 7*. It also hurts that they increased the price for 5 shards from 400 to 450 for no reason.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    What is needed is that the path for characters doesn't just end after they are thrown somewhere. Some characters, especially weaker ones, should trickle down into easier to farm locations. In Cantina, characters can be removed that no one would ever farm there. Then you can move very expensive to farm characters that no one farms, like Sith Assassin, down to a cheaper node (say a 10 or 12 energy one), while making room for newer characters.

Some other characters can easily put in the Arena and GW stores without much impact, like Hoth Rebel Soldier, Lando, Barriss, Aayla Secura for example. This would widen options for starting players, while just making room for people that have been here longer.
  • Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    What is needed is that the path for characters doesn't just end after they are thrown somewhere. Some characters, especially weaker ones, should trickle down into easier to farm locations. In Cantina, characters can be removed that no one would ever farm there. Then you can move very expensive to farm characters that no one farms, like Sith Assassin, down to a cheaper node (say a 10 or 12 energy one), while making room for newer characters.

Some other characters can easily put in the Arena and GW stores without much impact, like Hoth Rebel Soldier, Lando, Barriss, Aayla Secura for example. This would widen options for starting players, while just making room for people that have been here longer.

That's true. They should occasionally do rebalancing for farming locations. No need to keep HRsoldier behind a single hard node while also keeping toons like JKA on a 16 energy cantina node and 3 expensive hard nodes. Move his cantina node down a bit to speed his farm. Even combine his node with Ahsoka or something since they do have some slight synergy and Ahsoka is only available in Cantina shipments?
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Because putting any toons in arena / gw / cantina shipments would practically be giving the toon away for complelty free.

Plus, they made a new slot for the shards so the shards will be there 100% of time. So it’s pretty easy to get the new FO toons to max star rating
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.

Those are the more "high end" stores, guild and fleet. They don't want to make things easy, it's resource management.

I'm just happy they added another slot.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I got 5 shards already. No complaints here.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    What is needed is that the path for characters doesn't just end after they are thrown somewhere.

So much this !
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    CG has seen our massive stockpile of cantina, or gw currency. They will not put anyone important there until they can have an event that will force us to drain these currency.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    I got 5 shards already. No complaints here.

I don't care about this other FOTP though. I would rather he wasn't in the rotation. I want Starck way more. What I'm saying is he and his ship should have been added to one of the other stores that haven't had anything added in a while.
  • Options
    Im pretty sure FOSFTP has his own slot he shares with his ship. All of my character shards have shifted right and I've seen him every refresh since the update...
  • Options
    Im pretty sure FOSFTP has his own slot he shares with his ship. All of my character shards have shifted right and I've seen him every refresh since the update...

Regardless of the extra slot, that's still another character that needs a valuable resource devoted to him. Cantina energy and guild store currency are two of the game's mpst valuable commodities outside of crystals, but that's where they have dumped every new character since Phoenix.