Silencer, unmasked kyno, first order and the meta

Prev1
Hoping someone can help with some questions I have on the new first order toons.

Anyone have the tie silencer max?
I am currently running the standard meta for ships
Biggs, Vader, 5s(no reaper yet) tie fo, tie fighter, and scimitar, slave bistan and phantom on reinforcements
Getting rank 1 for months now, but to stay ahead I'm wondering is the tie silencer able to replace something? Fives maybe? Or maybe a reinforcement ship?

My arena is also full of nightsisters and rey squads. While I can deal with the rey squads, I can't yet deal with the nightsisters.
So my next question is how will first order be in arena?
Especially once the executioner is released.

I am now starting to work on troopers, but am wondering if first order may become a better option down the road with Kylo unmasked leader, Kylo Ren, first order tie pilot, executioner and whoever else

Lastly how's the new special forces tie?
Can anyone say if it is a must need or not? Same with pilot?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to strategy section
  • The silencer once you get it high enough could be good to replace bistan
  • Definitely not must have. Prob best towards the end of the bench imo.
  • The meta team relies on TL and TM tricks, silencer doesn't help much there. The team of reaper.biggs.fotfp.vader/bistan.TFP is still best
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    So some real comments here from someone who actually uses them:

The answer is they all work together.

KRU lead with a mixture of FOX, FOSF, FOST, FOO, and Kylo can be quite good in arena. With a fully maxed team (G12 with all G12 pieces) I can easily beat any team out there on offense. On defense, you'll fall a bit, but you can easily reach #1 again on offense. Nightsisters is extremely easy and FO can hold on defense against them. JTR is a tough fight but you can easily win -- again this is with maxed characters. Holdo will likely change that for the worse -- TBD in a few days.

For ships, Silencer is a great ship. It is not good at anything short of 7 star because it has potency issues on the stun at lower star levels. But with very fast speed you can stun whatever you want on offense and it packs a real punch -- I usually get at least 1 attack of 135-160k per fight -- basically it will kill any ship with some setup. On defense, it's not great because it uses its special first instead of the stun. That being said, I usually don't fall past 25-30 in fleet, so it's not a huge liability. But keep in mind, what makes the silencer good is its speed and its stun. The stun is ineffective until it is maxed, and the speed requires a VERY maxed KRU.
  • Bz183 wrote: »
    The meta team relies on TL and TM tricks, silencer doesn't help much there. The team of reaper.biggs.fotfp.vader/bistan.TFP is still best

On offense it is awesome if you max it (which yeah, includes zetas) so it’s faster than any target locking ship. It’s stun on basic means you can stun FOTP, eliminating an enemy chance at an early target lock.

On defense unfortunately it doesn’t choose to stun, so it loses a lot of the value of going first.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

How did you refrain from commenting on the "unmasked kyno" title? :o
  • About FO ships.. just farm them if u can. They are mediocre right now, but if someday they release FO capital ship i believe FO fleet will be the new meta. Have them for "just in case" purpose.

FO in arena imo is not reliable. JTR will be the new meta especially with recent addition.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Did someone above equate Vader's and Bistan's ship?

I mean I don't use Bistan's ship so maybe I'm missing something but that seems ridiculous.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Minowara wrote: »
    So some real comments here from someone who actually uses them:

The answer is they all work together.

KRU lead with a mixture of FOX, FOSF, FOST, FOO, and Kylo can be quite good in arena. With a fully maxed team (G12 with all G12 pieces) I can easily beat any team out there on offense. On defense, you'll fall a bit, but you can easily reach #1 again on offense. Nightsisters is extremely easy and FO can hold on defense against them. JTR is a tough fight but you can easily win -- again this is with maxed characters. Holdo will likely change that for the worse -- TBD in a few days.

For ships, Silencer is a great ship. It is not good at anything short of 7 star because it has potency issues on the stun at lower star levels. But with very fast speed you can stun whatever you want on offense and it packs a real punch -- I usually get at least 1 attack of 135-160k per fight -- basically it will kill any ship with some setup. On defense, it's not great because it uses its special first instead of the stun. That being said, I usually don't fall past 25-30 in fleet, so it's not a huge liability. But keep in mind, what makes the silencer good is its speed and its stun. The stun is ineffective until it is maxed, and the speed requires a VERY maxed KRU.

Thanks for sharing your experience. <thumbs up>
  • TVF wrote: »
    Did someone above equate Vader's and Bistan's ship?

I mean I don't use Bistan's ship so maybe I'm missing something but that seems ridiculous.

A lot of whales prefer bistan over Vader. I personally do too, but it is a judgement call... both ships are equally good imho.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Can you explain why though?

I can't imagine anything Bistan can do being better than Vader's unremovable TL (and not just his but any TL).
  • Alright, a few aspects:

The goal is typically to focus-fire down ships. Because of this, who cares if the tl doesn't go away? Any ship should be dead before the tl would go away anyway. So that has virtually no benefit.

Bistan has two very nice benefits: 1, he stealths so the enemies can't target your flimsy ship. Vader is typically dead in 1-3 shots, so this is good.

The big benefit though is the tm on target lock. Whenever any ship tl's an enemy, even if it was tl before, a random ship gets 25% tm and advantage. He hands out massive tm and advantage on a tl team.

Vader's only saving grace is his ability to help with tfp.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Well ok. It depends who you're running.

Biggs needs TL. Every TL that expires immediately reapplies TL and bumps Biggs' prot again.

Under Tarkin everyone does more damage (especially TF) for each debuffed enemy. Tarkin's AOE also does more to debuffed enemies.

Boba can hit every TLd enemy.

Vader can wipe buffs from TLd enemy. Especially handy against the Scimitar Retribution move.

I know the goal is typically to focus-fire down ships but my initial goal is to apply TL on as many ships as possible.
  • Under a Mace command, Bistan is an absolute superstar. Since adding him into my starting lineup, I get paid at #1 daily. Bistan's opening attack is a guaranteed TL and he goes stealth automatically. When stealthed, his basic is unavoidable. He absolutely renders the TFP useless because he can't evade ANY of Bistan's attacks. He's an absolute TFP killer and just about everyone uses TFP. His farm is brutal and it kills me to have to G12 those 2 pilots, but he's a game breaker under a Mace command
  • Still waiting for the emergence of shirtless Kylo to make a difference... he, who can catch rey’s attention with his shirtless torso, can surely turn the meta tide!
  • I really like the FO squad under Krum lead, the synergy between zKrum, zFOTP, SFTP and FOO is great. Not sure if it will hold up in arena or not (im in a really old shard full with whales and i haven’t finished gearing everyone up yet) but it holds a lot of potential. I use tie silencer as a reinforcement ship in fleet arena, think it is rather decent.
  • Icebringer92
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    https://youtu.be/WD34VkfQipw
    https://youtu.be/Ce_fKM662YM

For those saying FO isn’t top Arena lol
  • https://youtu.be/WD34VkfQipw

Do you have an swgoh account so I can see your mods? Working on my FO team, love it!

• FO is not top end arena on older shards. They are the easiest faction to beat. Until Snoke or Hux get released to help them out, they will toil in mediocrity.
  • Imperatic wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/WD34VkfQipw

Do you have an swgoh account so I can see your mods? Working on my FO team, love it!
    It’s my second profile that I want to “keep secret”. I’ll post you all mods and zetas:

KRU: 214 speed +leadership zeta
    Kylo Ren: 203 speed + outrage zeta
    FOST: 140speed +zeta
    FOTP: 201 speed
    FOO: 253 speed

To all you have to add also the +30speed of KRU’s leadership and they literally fly on auto over all meta teams
  • Icebringer92
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    FO is not top end arena on older shards. They are the easiest faction to beat. Until Snoke or Hux get released to help them out, they will toil in mediocrity.

My shard for this profile is an old one and I’m at n#1 consistently :smiley: I just showed you a video on auto against a great NS team,what other proof you need? Lol
  • FO climbs very easily and with the right setup can be hard to displace. KRU with FOX, SFFOTP, FOO and FOST is very hard to beat unless you have good mods and the right team.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Liath wrote: »

Waiting for Shirtless @Kyno to show off his abs.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

Waiting for Shirtless @Kyno to show off his abs.

q1n63tc65nkn.png
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    FO is not top end arena on older shards. They are the easiest faction to beat. Until Snoke or Hux get released to help them out, they will toil in mediocrity.

My shard for this profile is an old one and I’m at n#1 consistently :smiley: I just showed you a video on auto against a great NS team,what other proof you need? Lol

I’m not saying they can’t get #1. I have a G12 FO team. I know what they can do on offense. They are an extremely fun faction to play. FO teams fall further down the ranks quicker than other meta teams from what I’ve seen. They are just so easy to beat on defense and yes every one loses on defense but these guys seem easier. I’ve faced a maxed FO squad with a maxed FOE. They are just easy. I want them to be better. They need Snoke or Hux to help propel them to the next level IMO.
    Post edited by Mr_Sausage on
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »

I’m not saying they can’t get #1. I have a G12 FO team. I know what they can do on offense. They are an extremely fun faction to play. FO teams fall further down the ranks quicker than other meta teams from what I’ve seen. They are just so easy to beat on defense and yes every one loses on defense but these guys seem easier. I’ve faced a maxed FO squad with a maxed FOE. They are just easy. I want them to be better. They need Snoke or Hux to help propel them to the next level IMO.
    I normally drop to #10-#15 over night but the climb is easy..I really hope they release them too together with some Praetorian guards..