Im done defending CG/EA..........

Prev13
Abyss
1651 posts Member
I am VERY VERY VERY happy for the whales!!!!!!! The deserve this reguarding genereal grievous hands down and i truly hope he is crazy OP and that they DONT nerf him
(NOT sarcasm!!!!!)

As for CG/EA.........

You flat out said the rate wouod be more favorable. This is absolute **** reguarding the cost of grievous in the shard exchange. While i very glad you did this for the whales, you should NEVER have told us it wouod be a more favorable rate to get his shards then made it almost double the current rate.

My issue in NOT how you made it because i think the spenders deserve this, my issue is with you bold face lying to us and I defended you the entire time.

My apologies to EVERYONE that i "corrected" citing what the dev told us about grievous shard rates. I misinformed you based on a lie told by the devs.

This post no doubt will be taken down an i may get suspended ir banned or whatever but lesson learned, unless they make this rite and keep promises made i will NEVER defend them again

Replies

• dkredsox
    242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Abyss wrote: »
    You flat out said the rate wouod be more favorable

I don't believe that is true. If I remember correctly they said he'd be easier to get, as in you can get more than 2 shards a day like you can other toons.

If someone can prove me wrong with a quoted post though go ahead.
  • That is correct, they didn't promise a better shard exchange rate, just that you will be able to obtain more shards for him at a time.
  • Yep. They said it in a way that would absolve them from guilt. They wanted to make people feel better. What do you think would have happened had they told the whole truth
  • Reddplague
    766 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Why is everyone upset about GG? This character was never for the low end spenders. CG couldn't out right say that but, with the shard requirement that's what he is. The character will NEVER sit on a f2p team.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    I think your all coorect which is why im so bent. I have been arguing with ppl non stop defending them. If i was wrong and they were not in fact going to make his rate better so hes farmable they could have stepped up and clarified at any moment yet they just let ppl like me an others like me who relentlessly defended them sink.

As i said, lesson learned
  • Lamb
    300 posts Member
    Yea this game will die soon at this pace
  • Not necessarily true, you can get him to 7* in about 7 months if you dedicate arena and GW shipments (25 shards a day).

So...either farm a dozen characters you may or may not want, or be patient and grind Grevious over a half year. Practical? No. Realistic? Yes. Is Grevious good enough to warrant such dedication? Not unless you're a diehard Grevious fan. Especially with all the new content that will no doubt come during that time.

Exactly. I already regret the shards I wasted on 7* characters. Those could have gone to building a better sqaud

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Not necessarily true, you can get him to 7* in about 7 months if you dedicate arena and GW shipments (25 shards a day).

So...either farm a dozen characters you may or may not want, or be patient and grind Grevious over a half year. Practical? No. Realistic? Yes. Is Grevious good enough to warrant such dedication? Not unless you're a diehard Grevious fan. Especially with all the new content that will no doubt come during that time.

Lets clarify and break fown the math.
    (Short story is it takes 198 days to 7* him using just GW and arena)

225 currency per gg shard (330 gg shards to 7*)
    = 74,250 currency to 7*

25 shards turned in = 375 currency per day

74,250 currency required divided by 375 currency gained per day = 198 days to 7* for a FTP person
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    @Miller rank 6 in arena ****__ Where ru atttttt
  • Lamb wrote: »
    Yea this game will die soon at this pace
    At least they'll have those 10 **** per server wasting hundreds of dollars a month on this game... That's probably what it's all about for them right? I know I'm done spending my $20ish a month on the game. Maybe some whale will pick up my slack trying to get GG?
  • I tried defending CG for a long time. E.g. "they wouldn't change the drop rates".

But because they have proven time and time again that they will tell 'mis-truths' and stealth change everything there's no way to guarantee anything anymore.

Apologies to anyone I may have offended by defending the devs. I was probably wrong.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    I tried defending CG for a long time. E.g. "they wouldn't change the drop rates".

But because they have proven time and time again that they will tell 'mis-truths' and stealth change everything there's no way to guarantee anything anymore.

Apologies to anyone I may have offended by defending the devs. I was probably wrong.

Same
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Here's the exact quote: "I can't speak to that, yet. But suffice to say, the exclusive character won't take as long to acquire."
    It's ambiguous and could mean either "you can get him faster if you already have a big pile of shards" OR "you can get him faster by farming shards for 7* chars".
    I give the dev the benefit of the doubt here. He had absolutely no reason to lie, and he's repeatedly made clear he does not make these sorts of decisions and avoids discussing them.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I tried defending CG for a long time. E.g. "they wouldn't change the drop rates".

They've absolutely stealth changed drop rates...
  • +1.
    I haven't been on the devs side 100% of the time, but I trusted them. Not anymore.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Joshuar56 wrote: »

People say this after EVERY update. And after EVERY update I track numbers and it's bullsquat.
  • I was all for the devs at first but not anymore. Theyve shown time and time again they are liars and dont give a crap about informing their clients about anything, they just cant be bothered. I spent too much money on this game to walk away unfortunately but ive been F2P for a long while now and that wont change. EA is the worst company ever
  • Joshuar56
    79 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »

People say this after EVERY update. And after EVERY update I track numbers and it's bullsquat.

Yeah and there are always a few turds like you who say that... My tracked numbers disagree with yours...
    If the Devs wanted us to believe their **** about numbers being good, they would have an idenpendent third party run them. But did they?
  • I was all for the devs at first but not anymore. Theyve shown time and time again they are liars and dont give a crap about informing their clients about anything, they just cant be bothered. I spent too much money on this game to walk away unfortunately but ive been F2P for a long while now and that wont change. EA is the worst company ever

They didn't lie. They said it in a way that could be taken a few different ways like Qeltar said. Definitely easier to get...if you spent a ton of money
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Yeah and there are always a few turds like you who say that... My tracked numbers disagree with yours...
    If the Devs wanted us to believe their **** about numbers being good, they would have an idenpendent third party run them. But did they?

I *am* an independent third party. You don't believe me (for whatever reason) so why would you believe a different one?
    I've been tracking drop rates on a couple of characters for some time, and there have been no changes.
  • I am completely f2p and everyone needs to calm down. Max out the toons you got and play with some of the oddball characters. Who cares if you can't get GG out of the gate or at all? You can absolutely create a team to battle against GG or Yoda or whoever. My maxed out droid/Jedi combo team kicks **** and is fun a sh.t and doesn't involve Sid, or im not stuck running Chewie or Phasma. Just redirect your focus to other toons. I highly recommend IG-88. An absolute killer.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I was all for the devs at first but not anymore. Theyve shown time and time again they are liars and dont give a crap about informing their clients about anything, they just cant be bothered. I spent too much money on this game to walk away unfortunately but ive been F2P for a long while now and that wont change. EA is the worst company ever

They didn't lie. They said it in a way that could be taken a few different ways like Qeltar said. Definitely easier to get...if you spent a ton of money

Im not talking about this grievous issue cause the OP did misinterpret, ill give the devs that, im talking about in general with everything ive seen them change and stealth nerf over the past few months and the things they keep on doing that will destroy this game
  • I am completely f2p and everyone needs to calm down. Max out the toons you got and play with some of the oddball characters. Who cares if you can't get GG out of the gate or at all? You can absolutely create a team to battle against GG or Yoda or whoever. My maxed out droid/Jedi combo team kicks **** and is fun a sh.t and doesn't involve Sid, or im not stuck running Chewie or Phasma. Just redirect your focus to other toons. I highly recommend IG-88. An absolute killer.

Yep. In a way I'm glad he's out of reach for me and I can go back to having fun instead of grinding
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I am completely f2p and everyone needs to calm down. Max out the toons you got and play with some of the oddball characters. Who cares if you can't get GG out of the gate or at all? You can absolutely create a team to battle against GG or Yoda or whoever. My maxed out droid/Jedi combo team kicks **** and is fun a sh.t and doesn't involve Sid, or im not stuck running Chewie or Phasma. Just redirect your focus to other toons. I highly recommend IG-88. An absolute killer.

None of that is relevant to the point. Is all accurate info but not relevant here lol
  • Duknukeem
    40 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Well to prove something sceptic's wrong on GG only being available for wallet warriors, im gonne grind him out till i get him i havent looked what it will take but ill keep you all informed. P.S. If you all could remind me from the ime to time to post progress it'd be a great help. Im thinking 30 days ill have him or **** close.
    And i will never defend EA or GL, i consider them the enemy of public domain,
    Look up Mouse Liberation Front, and join the couse to FREE THE MOUSE!
    Sincerely, Duke Nuke Em
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Here's the exact quote: "I can't speak to that, yet. But suffice to say, the exclusive character won't take as long to acquire."
    It's ambiguous and could mean either "you can get him faster if you already have a big pile of shards" OR "you can get him faster by farming shards for 7* chars".
    I give the dev the benefit of the doubt here. He had absolutely no reason to lie, and he's repeatedly made clear he does not make these sorts of decisions and avoids discussing them.

It wasn't too hard to say "it'll be easier to acquire the exclusive, as long as you have at least (some number, say 10,000 shards or whatever it is to actually unlock, I haven't seen him), so be prepared that he isn't cheap, don't get false hopes anyone. Thanks"

It's easy to say that someone doesn't lie or say falsehoods, regardless of what the actual truth is. I'm not saying that they definitely are giving false misrepresentation, just that with the ambiguous stuff said pretty much from the start that I've seen since I started, anything could be happening.
  • Wazlinski wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

It wasn't too hard to say "it'll be easier to acquire the exclusive, as long as you have at least (some number, say 10,000 shards or whatever it is to actually unlock, I haven't seen him), so be prepared that he isn't cheap, don't get false hopes anyone. Thanks"

It's easy to say that someone doesn't lie or say falsehoods, regardless of what the actual truth is. I'm not saying that they definitely are giving false misrepresentation, just that with the ambiguous stuff said pretty much from the start that I've seen since I started, anything could be happening.

What do you think the response would have been to that? What we are seeing tonight a week early and still going. It was underhanded, but a smart way to word it.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Duknukeem wrote: »
    Well to prove something sceptic's wrong on GG only being available for wallet warriors, im gonne grind him out till i get him i havent looked what it will take but ill keep you all informed. P.S. If you all could remind me from the ime to time to post progress it'd be a great help. Im thinking 30 days ill have him or **** close.

Using arena rewards and GW rewards only it takes 198 days to 7* him.

Legwork done for ya buddy, no need to put in any effort unless ya wanna