Heroic Rancor Solo Soon?

https://swgoh.gg/u/cunninglinguist/collection/

I’ll preface this by saying I don’t have CLS, Rex, Jyn, or R2-D2. Im about 40 shards from making TFP 7* and was wondering how close I am to being able to solo H Rancor. I’m working on getting Magmatrooper up for more TM reduction but couldn’t I run Sideous/Palp/DN for the time being till Magmatrooper is leveled/geared/modded?

Replies

• Options
    Who's your lead? Zader (zeta Vader) could do it with Sidious, TFP, Magma and DN although DN would be less useful than say another Empire toon like Tarkin.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Tenacity down (tfp or krennic in a Vader led team) is essential to pull it off too.
  • Options
    Yes I’d be running a Zader team. Zader(L), GMT, TFP as main 3 and then any of DN/Sideous/Palp/Magma.
  • Options
    You should be able to manually solo assuming you have good enough speed mods. Sid has higher base speed so should help more towards the TMR but don't use the special to inflict expose. Expose counts as another separate damage source and increases boss TM by 5%.
  • Options
    For the 5th character should I use Palp, DN for Annihilate, or get Magmatrooper up for the guaranteed TM reduction? So basically: don’t use Sidious special ever, in phase 2/3 only drop door when Rancor is below 50% health, only use Vader’s Culling Blade if it’ll finish off the phase or when Force Crush is off CD or has 1 turn left on CD, if door is down and Rancor has sub-50% TM, I can either use GMT special for TM reduction or TFP basic to reapply Tenacity Down and hope Vader is fast enough to reapply Speed Down with special before the Rancor takes a turn?
  • Options
    Anyone? :confused:
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Before cls and jyn I used to run zader magma tfp palp and royal guard palp is actually really good because if you time it right vader gets offense up while the door is down and he can get a guaranteed crit with offense up it actually makes for a huge damage boost when you have lots of dots

You can't reduce turn meter when the door is down

The biggest thing is making sure that when the door is down after using culling blade tfp needs to hit with his basic (guaranteed crit so he will apply tenacity down) and ideally you want vader to get his force crush off while the door is still down

It is fine to use sids special but make sure you have Tarkins tm reduction off cool down in case the rancors turn meter starts getting too high

Until you get magma I would say run Zader tfp Tarkin palps and sidious should work out fine if you are careful and mod properly
  • Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    Until you get magma I would say run Zader tfp Tarkin palps and sidious should work out fine if you are careful and mod properly

Even if it’s not a full solo I’d like to have a general idea of the “minimum requirements” so to speak to get as far as possible. So should I try and make them all as fast as possible? I don’t have 5 Resistance characters at 5* to do the Tier 3 speed challenge, but am slowly getting them all up to a decent level to 3* it. Since I just finished getting TFP and GMT to 7* to use for R2-D2 event/Rancor, the majority of my resources are being funneled into Old Ben and FB Luke shard/gear farming for the CLS event since they’re both only 5* and gear 8 or so.
  • Options
    Speed is obviously important on everyone you don't neccessarily need speed sets you do need speed primary arrows and preferably speed secondaries around 200 speed on everyone but vader is a good goal this is pretty easy on sid and tfp

Outside of that tfp needs crit chance to land tenacity down. Sid needs crit chance and potency to land dots. Vader needs potency and anything that boosts damage. Palp needs damage as none of his debuffs stick to rancor. Tarkin can use potency to boost his damage so potency for him and ditto for Magma.

I like having the extra potency for those times you don't have tenacity down on the rancor plus I hate swapping mods so mine are set more for general utility than specific to the raid
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    I'd be tempted to run qgj as a 5th. You already have him at gear xi. He has tmr on his basic and more than any miscellaneous empire/Sith character will get from Vader leadership.
  • Options
    So Vader(L) (2 potency sets with potency prim cross, 1 health set), TFP (2-2x crit chance sets with potency/crit chance prim cross, 1 health set), Sid (2 potency sets with potency prim cross, 2x crit chance set), Tarkin (3 potency sets with potency prim cross) for the “locked” 4 characters.

Then either Magma (3x potency sets with potency prim cross), Palp (health/def/off/tenacity sets with offense/defense/protection primaries), QGJ (speed set and health/def/tenacity/potency set)?
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    With the toons you have you could easily solo it with Zader (l), GMT, TFP, QGG & Teebo.