Droid Pack

HK-47 and IG-86 and 88 worth getting the pack? How are they? Anyone use them?

Replies

• Options
    I like the IG's. The sentinel is a very nice damager, lands loads of 2000+ crits on a consistent basis. The other IG is ok, its strength for me comes more from giving increased crits via leadership. The increased crits is nice for the sentinel.

Hk is a better attacker than the ig-88, but its leadership crit imcrease only goes for droids. Its self revive ability can be handy if you have healers alive in the squad, but in all honesty if my healers let hk get toasted in the first place, they arent reliable enough to boost its hp back out of the red.

Hk is the better leader if your sentinel is your main attacker, and you have a droid heavy squad. IG-88 is the better leader if you have more non droid, crit focused attackers.

Magma guard and poggle would fill out the squad nicely as the whole squad would have interacting synergies.
  • Options
    I think they are worth it.

It IS money, tho. So if you are not able to spend the $, then no, they're not worth it nor are they necessary.
    But if you DO buy the pack, it's a good deal.
    You get HK who is very under-rated. He is farmable in PvP Arena so if you finish starring Sidious, you can work on HK and get him to 5 or 6 stars. HK is a Jedi Hunter, so that's a plus against heroes such as Barriss, JC, Lumi, Ben, etc. he works well with Poogle and can work well with Old Daka by reviving.

IG's are both heavy hitters as mentioned above. They are also farmable so you can get them to 4 or more stars. I find having the full hero in your roster is better than farming shards from 0. You have to start at 0 for Lumi if you didn't pull her from Chrome Packs. You have to start from 0 and get 80 shards for Sidious. So having IGs already in your roster can sometimes feel like you are making faster progress in starring your heroes.

I think more Droids are coming. Droids can hit hard and beat up on the jedi/sith. A few more supporting droids and who knows, they could be the solution to all the Barriss and JC and Lumi running around. But again, farming them is possible and can be entirely free to get. But I think Droids are useful in PvP, PvE, and Galatic Wars even up to and especially at level 60.

• Options
    They are heavy killers, bro. Best investment for me :)

I combined them with poggler and talia or doku and talia. They clear enemy tanks easily. I usually clear their attacker first though, usually sidious, doku and lumi. If their team are jedi, then it is even easier :)

My favourite preys are the team that is led by bariss, unless their power is more than 3 k above me
  • Options
    yea, the droids are quite nice...love HK47, in team with IG88 and IG86 really fun...
    but both IG types can't take much, die very fast, in PvE and especially PvP...they have about half the HP HK47 has...
    They all deal good damage though....at least until now...might change daily...

I wouldn't buy the pack...better farm them...
  • Options
    Honestly, I wish I invested in this pack from the start.

Droids really come into their own at lvl 60. HK 47 has, IMO, one of the best AOE's in the game, I have a 6 star IG-86 and he hits hard! Also, IG-88 has a pretty good AOE as well that is pretty deadly at lvl 60.

If I were you I would get it and if memory serves well it was one of the "cheaper" packs too. If I could go back and either buy this pack or the Heroine pack I would buy the droid pack in a heartbeat!
  • Options

Droids really come into their own at lvl 60. HK 47 has, IMO, one of the best AOE's in the game, I have a 6 star IG-86 and he hits hard! Also, IG-88 has a pretty good AOE as well that is pretty deadly at lvl 60.

If I were you I would get it and if memory serves well it was one of the "cheaper" packs too. If I could go back and either buy this pack or the Heroine pack I would buy the droid pack in a heartbeat!
  • Options
    Soujah wrote: »

Why level 60? Do you mean they mature late?