Jedi teams

So apart from GK being the god of Jedi, what are the alternatives to the Jedi to actually be good in arena? I have 7 star squad gear 8 & 9 yet I still get beat down. I get into the mid 300s and then get stomped back to 600’s.

Squad is barris, qgj, old Ben, lumi, gm yoda. Also have consu and mace at 7 with same gear.

Or are the Jedi really only good for fighting grevious in guild battles? Been working on Gun Di anakin and tano, but stopped because it seems the Jedi are squishy. I have mostly defense mods set on the starting group.

Any help would be great.

Replies

• DziNeIT
    33 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    For a high level Jedi team, you want Qui-Gon as leader with his leader ability zeta'd. If you can't get a zeta on him, Ima-Gun Di and Jedi Knight Anakin are the best other arena leaders. Qui-Gon zeta is huge though, it turns Jedi from meh in arena to top 100 capable in old shards (although that's only really if you have GK). Obviously, it will also depend on the age of your arena shard.

Grandmaster Yoda and Jedi Knight Anakin are great with Qui-Gon, then Old Ben and Aayla Secura/Ahsoka Tano are probably the best to fill the other two slots.
  • My favorite jedi squad is: zQGJ, GK, Ezra, JKA, zzR2D2
    Yes R2D2 is a droid, but he's really needed.
  • Yeah, I don’t have GK so that isn’t an option and I don’t foresee myself getting him anytime soon... I don’t think I’ve ever seen the shards drop for him so.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Shots wrote: »
    ...what are the alternatives to the Jedi to actually be good in arena?

Not using Jedi in the Arena.

• The sad fact is that even with GK, Jedi just arent competitive in Arena right now. Before CLS was released i was running zQGJ lead, GK, GM Yoda, JKA and zzR2. You can replace GK with OB and R2 with Aayla Secura/Ezra but your going to have a tough time moving up.

Frankly, as a faction Jedi just arent very useful right now for much of anything. Thier effectiveness is limited in higher level TW and even with a maxed squad, Jedi can only get you through a Combat Mission in day three or four of Territory Battles.

Some individual Jedi such as Bariss, GK and Ezra are still useful, but as a faction they desperately need some attention from the devs to help make them viable.

I would suggest choosing another faction/squad composition if your looking to progress in arena.
  • I have a Sith squad, but they are bit harder to Farm. I have Nihlus at 7 star, Dooku, DV, Savage, and sidious at 5 star. I’ve been alright with staying in the 300’s and not getting owned. I kind of stopped farming them though and moved onto the rebel for hopefully a palpatine event in February. I am however, almost done farming the rebels and then will resume the Sith.

I was just hoping there was a group of Jedi I could use to kind of take over until I get back to farming them since I 7 starred them for Yoda. Seems quite the opposite.