Nute lead

Okay so I'm doing a Nute Gunray lead. I know sounds terrible. Truth is, it literally destroys the new meta, but has some major counters. Here's how it works: you take stealth 3 stealth characters and put them behind nightsister zombie and Nute Gunray leading. You have to have Nightsister Acolyte in order for it to work. What happens is when zombie loses her taunt their still forced to attack her and it's almost a never ending cycle. It's very rare for Acolyte to be exposed unless there's an aoe dispeller on the other team. This team gets absolutely crushed by aoe dispellers such as B2 and Baze. Barriss is also someone you want to avoid with this team. Plo Koon absolutely wrecks a Nute lead as well but he's not viable right now so it doesn't really matter. Anyway I'm seeking advice on who my fifth member should be. I'm set on doing Nute, NS zombie, Acolye, and Princess Leia. For my fifth I was thinking Hermit Yoda at first but then realized how useful Geonosian spy would be. Any advice on who I should pick?

Replies

• I think Hermit Yoda would be the best idea. Cause he can do a lot of healing that you may need on defense.
    I comend you for trying something different and I hope this works out for you
  • I think Hermit Yoda would be the best idea. Cause he can do a lot of healing that you may need on defense.
    I comend you for trying something different and I hope this works out for you

• TVF
    36583 posts Member
    This is bizarre.

I hope it works.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sounds like a fun team to mess with. Geonosian spy might be a quicker farm and he can help with ships a little as well so that route might be better unless you have hermit yoda already or are close.
  • TVF wrote: »
    This is bizarre.

I hope it works.

Guy tried it in our shard and I destroyed him easily even without an aoe dispel. Might be fun to play but it's not a top end team.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    R2 may be useful too.

the goal of a team like this is all about offense if you need healing of HY its already over.

G Spy is a great toon, there are a lot of buffs around, just have to make sure zombie taunt is going before you use the special.
  • One of the game changers was playing around with this on YouTube I wanna say either mobile gamer or ahnaldt101 and they suggested Geo spy or r2 as the fifth
  • Kyno wrote: »
    R2 may be useful too.

the goal of a team like this is all about offense if you need healing of HY its already over.

G Spy is a great toon, there are a lot of buffs around, just have to make sure zombie taunt is going before you use the special.

That's the thing I'm concerned about with Geo Spy on defense. The AI would likely use his special at a bad time. He doesn't have any self heals either. Hermit Yoda won't be stealth all the time either. He should be able to withstand some damage, though.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    This thread reminded me of this old article.

http://www.teaminstinct.net/swgoh-strategy-article/stealth-can-viable-arena/

And a semi-related old article.

http://www.teaminstinct.net/swgoh-strategy-article/swgoh-suicide-squad-the-team-of-misfits/

Fun reading, even if not really viable. Maybe for TW?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    This thread reminded me of this old article.

http://www.teaminstinct.net/swgoh-strategy-article/stealth-can-viable-arena/

And a semi-related old article.

http://www.teaminstinct.net/swgoh-strategy-article/swgoh-suicide-squad-the-team-of-misfits/

Fun reading, even if not really viable. Maybe for TW?

it can be an effective clean up crew, but that can be said for many high offensive teams.
  • It's not like Hermit Yoda doesn't offer anything offensively. He can give master's training to Leia and Acolyte. Which would help this team if they were ever to face Zarriss. Sense the damage each shot will be raised they'd be able to land more damage without it being healed by her passive.
  • I think you'd be better off going the cheese route with Nightsisters since you're basically doing that already. Might as well add Talzin, Daka, and Ventress.
  • Not to mention Yoda can cleanse ability block off of Leia so her stealth doesn't get blocked.
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I was just reading Hermit Yoda's abilitys again and realized that if he gives zombie the training unique and she dies it resets all of his cooldowns and gives him 100% tm. He's definitely the best choice for a fifth member.
  • CleverWes wrote: »
    I think you'd be better off going the cheese route with Nightsisters since you're basically doing that already. Might as well add Talzin, Daka, and Ventress.

A unique version would be nute genosian spy sun-fac zombie nightsister acolyte. Would be similar but unique and 3 characters would get nute lead bonus plus two tanks. Sun-fac cleanses buffs to get around gk.
  • Kudos for thinking outside the box, and finding uses for otherwise useless characters. You could easily run talzin lead with the same results, but why be a follower if you don't have to? Good stuff
  • Been running similar teams... OK on offense against some teams, but gets owned by any AoE-heavy team. Imperial troopers will destroy that team in literally less than 20 seconds on auto. R2's expose on his AoE will also make short work of the team
  • Zombie+acolyte is the core of your team.

Everyone extra is just there to do some damage because acolyte doesnt, and also to give the AI other targets for han solo's opening stun and whatever else thrawn and CLS do next.

You could use leia because her damage is good, and nute because he increases their damage. Anyone else you want to use is filler to be honest.

However, i suggest old daka to revive acolyte in case she gets one shotted, and because her stuns are deadly. I also suggest MT because her plague is amazing and she can revive as well. MT is viable at 3 stars. Last, Ventris is most deadly because of her stun and cleanse (which removes turn meter).

My advice is to go with the nightsister route. They are far better than the suggestions I've read above, and they are easy to farm and gear.
  • Yeah that's the one I was talking about lol that was like oh error a month ago I think