How long would it take to get 7* Veterans

Anakin_Skywalker
1801 posts Member
edited January 2018
Hi I'm preparing for Jedi Rey event and wondering how long would it take to 7* both veteran smugglers. I've never farmed 16 energy nodes so I have no idea

I do 3 cantina refreshes eveyday
and both are at 3*. chewie 20/30, Han 16/30
thanks

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    49 days according to the tool on crouching rancour

http://www.crouchingrancor.com/cantina-farming-planner-tool/
  • Around 1,5 - 2 month for them with 3x refresh
    :frowning:
  • Thanks but that's way beyond my expectation gotta start right now
  • I have the vets at 0/65 and 20/65, but I think I can't finish them in time. Their Droprates are really fubar...
    Today I had only one shard from 2 refreshes, thats more than bad luck...
  • VaexquaGer wrote: »
    I have the vets at 0/65 and 20/65, but I think I can't finish them in time. Their Droprates are really fubar...
    Today I had only one shard from 2 refreshes, thats more than bad luck...
    ouch...
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    My situation:
    When Rey's event came, I had both the vets at 3 stars, and using the double drops they only went to 4 stars.
    Then, I worked on Han with several, several cantina energy refreshes and finally yesterday (January 27th) he reached the 7th star. Now I go for Chewe (5/65)....
    Post edited by AleSahnDroh_1979 on
  • It is a hard farm. I'm at 84/100 for Vet Han, and 8/65 for Chewie. I'm using natural energy on Han and refreshes on Chewie now. Been working on them since Rey event ended, as well as First Order, hoping I'll have enough time to do Chewie and 7 star Finn as well.
  • Misogi1981
    31 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Been farming since the event was announced. Han is done, Chewie still needs like 40 shards. Of course, I had to also do Finn, so that was a setback, but fortunately I managed to get most of him done just by using the guild store.
    Vet farm is obnoxious, just as every other 16 cost cantina node. Just glad they weren't put onto hard nodes instead. I'd be working on them until July -_-
  • Drop rates are really bad but getting a lot of purple gems to build up my resistance squad. Vet Han seems to be worse then Vet Chewie for me.
  • Delicious_Bass
    86 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Vet Han drop rate are paltry for me as well
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi I'm preparing for Jedi Rey event and wondering how long would it take to 7* both veteran smugglers. I've never farmed 16 energy nodes so I have no idea

thanks

The formula for calculating how long a cantina farm will take is pretty straightforward:
    #ofshardsneeded x 3 (1/3 drop rate) x node energy cost / (165 + (number of refreshes bought each day) x 120)

524 shards to 7* both times 3 for the 1/3 drop rate times 16 energy per sim divided by 525 energy per day equals 47.9 days to farm them.
  • Woodroward wrote: »

thanks

The formula for calculating how long a cantina farm will take is pretty straightforward:
    #ofshardsneeded x 3 (1/3 drop rate) x node energy cost / (165 + (number of refreshes bought each day) x 120)

524 shards to 7* both times 3 for the 1/3 drop rate times 16 energy per sim divided by 525 energy per day equals 47.9 days to farm them.

Thanks. That is still tad long even assuming 1/3 drop rate.. I don't know if I can get them in time. Farming chs yet
  • Cstone812
    266 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Drop rates for them are HORRIBLE. I need 40 more shards of chewie and I’m lucky to get 3 shards out of 20 battles last few days. Just did 9 battles after getting my daily cantina energy and got 0 shards. Ridiculous.
  • 5 refreshes from when they announced double drops until day 1 of the event
  • From 1 month and a half to 3 months, according to your luck with the RNG (which is pretty pooish with those two). I think I just don't want her. Yep, she's OP and she's almost the most annoying character when teamed with bb8 and r2, but she's nothing a good'ol fast CLS team can't beat with some good tactics.
  • Drazhar wrote: »
    From 1 month and a half to 3 months, according to your luck with the RNG (which is pretty pooish with those two). I think I just don't want her. Yep, she's OP and she's almost the most annoying character when teamed with bb8 and r2, but she's nothing a good'ol fast CLS team can't beat with some good tactics.
    And soon a good Sith team with sion who can hit through foresight
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Drazhar wrote: »
    From 1 month and a half to 3 months, according to your luck with the RNG (which is pretty pooish with those two). I think I just don't want her. Yep, she's OP and she's almost the most annoying character when teamed with bb8 and r2, but she's nothing a good'ol fast CLS team can't beat with some good tactics.
    And soon a good Sith team with sion who can hit through foresight

And coming soon ... Double foresight to bring Jedi screaming back into the meta!

Or maybe Jedi Luke will arrive with a new buff, like Redemption which is awarded if damage is taken while Foresight is active, giving OP healing and offense buffs.
  • VaexquaGer
    466 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Qui-Gon Jinn says: There's always a bigger fish B)
  • I just finished them...now with all the new Sith stuff coming I wish I would have worked on other things instead. Couldn’t care less about rey.
  • the calculator site is old and not updated
    i'm farming KRU and it's not even on there plus it says that it calculates according to 33% which is not always the deal. especially with KRU because it also gives the ship shards...
    anyway it seems like you just started (i havent btw i stiil need bb8 so i'm not gonna get it anyway) so it just might be much more time then ppl anticipated here...
    i don't see a pattern to the cantina battle (as to how many shards you get) i was trying to find out if i go like KR on 6-C will i get more shards then KR on 4-C even though the fact that 6-C costs more energy which mean less battles to SIM and well i tried it 2 times each time i got 4 shards exactly using 120 Cantina Energy (12 battle vs 10 battles) so i went on the 6-C for a few days and sometimes i got 5 sometimes 2...
    it really varies from time to time...
    my advice - if you know you're not gonna make it till the next time the event comes on - choose another event to focus on and when you have those characters ready, then start on this event, usually they give 6 month for Heros Journey events so you'll have plenty of time to shard-up and gear-up :)

Good luck anyways !
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    The drop rate is the drop rate. "Not always the deal," meaning you get 2 shards once and 4 shards another, means nothing to the overall drop rate.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH