Nightsister strategy

So basically I was fighting against a NS team few minutes ago with my phoenix to get top #20 and I just couldn't win due to nightsister acolyte and her stealth.

The team was Talzin (L), Asajj, Daka, NA and Nightsister zombie and by minute 3 more or less I had gotten rid of Talzin Asajj and Daka and I just stayed the rest of the time just fighting a stupid **** taunting everytime and NA who I couldn't target because of stealth. Seriously, It was very frustrating.

Is there any kill order I have to follow when fighting NS team guys? Mine is OD > Asajj > Talzin > NA > NZ right now.

Replies

• An aoe attack is the counter. Kill order doesn’t matter. Next time run Sabine so you can use her aoe to drop NSA and finish the zombie.

Without aoe, you have to wait until the Acolyte is visible(an rng miracle), then drop the zombie so you can attack and finish the NSA before the zombie gets an attack.

Good Luck!
  • AOE dispell (like DT or Asajj) is also a huge help against acolyte. Also, toons with unrevivable kills (Boba, DT, Nihilus) all help stop the revives that make NS so annoying. I personally run DT in my arena team, so NS aren't a problem.
  • Well then it is practically impossible to me to make it since I'm currently running and farming only phoenix squad (without sabine who I haven't unlocked her yet) and my fresh shard is 90% phoenix/NS squads lol

Since I got thrawn 5*, could be an option to use him instead of Chopper just to fight NS teams? Fracture NA so she can't stealth > kill her > try to kill asap Daka so she can't revive NA?

Sorry guys but I'm pretty new in terms of arena strategy :/
  • Phoenix counters NS.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    ManuG wrote: »

Since I got thrawn 5*, could be an option to use him instead of Chopper just to fight NS teams? Fracture NA so she can't stealth > kill her > try to kill asap Daka so she can't revive NA?

Yeah, that could work. Your challenge is droping Daka quickly enough but, with the right mods, thrawn is definitely fast enough to pull it off.

But keep chopper, he’s a big part of the NS counter. I’d drop kanan when you add thrawn.
  • Goodgil wrote: »
    AOE dispell (like DT or Asajj) is also a huge help against acolyte. Also, toons with unrevivable kills (Boba, DT, Nihilus) all help stop the revives that make NS so annoying. I personally run DT in my arena team, so NS aren't a problem.

I think zombie still can revive with that method
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Goodgil wrote: »
    AOE dispell (like DT or Asajj) is also a huge help against acolyte. Also, toons with unrevivable kills (Boba, DT, Nihilus) all help stop the revives that make NS so annoying. I personally run DT in my arena team, so NS aren't a problem.

That’s right. None of those characters can stop zombie from reviving when a single other NS remains but, those characters stop daka and MT zeta from reviving them. Which helps heaps.

• snarzenal wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Goodgil wrote: »

That’s right. None of those characters can stop zombie from reviving when a single other NS remains but, those characters stop daka and MT zeta from reviving them. Which helps heaps.

Yes it is.. but anyway NS team easy to counter with lot of choice, but for beginner player, they have limited access to get the right team :frowning:

My favorite is chaze :lol:
  • I will give Thrawn a try then. This matchup combined with the boring Phoenix vs Phoenix really get me on my nerves!

Thanks for the info guys, appreciated!
  • ManuG wrote: »
    I will give Thrawn a try then. This matchup combined with the boring Phoenix vs Phoenix really get me on my nerves!

Thanks for the info guys, appreciated!

The risk with thrawn is when u fracture n finish acolyte, do ur team have enough power to take down old daka n co before she revive someone? i'm worry about that since u don't have sabine in ur phonix squad.

Failsafe way maybe farm assajj as dispeller n aoe, n boba bcause he can ignore taunt, aoe, and kill NS that can't revive then (except zombie). Then put one of them to ur team to test which one is better hmm
  • ideal kill order is daka, talzin, asajj (acolyte should be killed whenever she can be killed)
    Keep in mind killing anyone else but daka first will feed turnmeter to daka

Yeah, that could work. Your challenge is droping Daka quickly enough but, with the right mods, thrawn is definitely fast enough to pull it off.

But keep chopper, he’s a big part of the NS counter. I’d drop kanan when you add thrawn.

Do not drop kanan. His 20% heal when you suffer a negative effect is a big part of keep plague off you

Do not drop kanan. His 20% heal when you suffer a negative effect is a big part of keep plague off you

Unfortunately, without sabine he has to sacrifice someone so, he has to decide what’s most important. Kanan and Chopper have similar kits, Kanan heals on debuff, Chopper heals every turn. Both have taunt(Chopper is way faster). Kanan heals protection(thrawn does it better), Chopper debuffs(thrawn does it better).

I don’t know what his team actually looks like and Kanan might be the better choice for him. He could drop Ezra but, Ezra’s the best of the bunch. I would say, try it both ways, go with what works better.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Well I tried with Thrawn G6 but I couldn't make it, there is obviously a lack of dps. I am farming Sabine ocasionally because I want her just unlocked to get the Phantom II ship but with this problem maybe I consider to farm her hardly and replace Chopper with her just for arena purpose.

P.S: Anyway I entered in rank #16 and hopefully I get top 10 before the payout (1 hour left). 5 dots health mods have made my life easier against those whales squads with 0 mods or just 1-2 dots mods xD

• ManuG
    131 posts Member
    snarzenal wrote: »

Unfortunately, without sabine he has to sacrifice someone so, he has to decide what’s most important. Kanan and Chopper have similar kits, Kanan heals on debuff, Chopper heals every turn. Both have taunt(Chopper is way faster). Kanan heals protection(thrawn does it better), Chopper debuffs(thrawn does it better).

I don’t know what his team actually looks like and Kanan might be the better choice for him. He could drop Ezra but, Ezra’s the best of the bunch. I would say, try it both ways, go with what works better.

Here you have mate: https://swgoh.gg/u/manug/
  • Using Thrawn in a phoenix squad is not really a good option. I've done that.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Oof. I didn’t realize how young your account is. Based on your toons, try to avoid the NS until you’ve farmed sabine. :D

At this point, if you must face the NS, I would stick with Kanan and Chopper and dump Zeb for thrawn. Double down on the healing and use Thrawn and Kanan’s protection recovery instead of Zeb. Zeb isn’t much of a thug until he’s higher gear and has full abilities.

You’re on a younger shard. If there’s lots of players in your shard using Nightsisters, swap it up and farm Phoenix on the sly while you focus your farm on an Empire squad for a bit (4*or 5* them). Lots of arenas are rotating between teams now due to the diversity in competitive arena teams.

You could have a pretty good NS killing squad there, if you used a Thrawn/Tarkin lead and worked on them. Stormtrooper is a much better choice and much easier farm (cantina store) than Royal Guard. Snow and Magma both have aoe so use either one of them.

Thrawn, Tarkin, Tfp, Storm, magma/rg.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Oof. I didn’t realize how young your account is. Based on your toons, try to avoid the NS until you’ve farmed sabine. :D

At this point, if you must face the NS, I would stick with Kanan and Chopper and dump Zeb for thrawn. Double down on the healing and use Thrawn and Kanan’s protection recovery instead of Zeb. Zeb isn’t much of a thug until he’s higher gear and has full abilities.

You’re on a younger shard. If there’s lots of players in your shard using Nightsisters, swap it up and farm Phoenix on the sly while you focus your farm on an empire squad.

You could have a pretty good NS killing squad there, if you used a Thrawn/Tarkin lead and worked on them. Stormtrooper is a much better choice and much easier farm (cantina store) than Royal Guard. Snow and Magma both have aoe so use either one of them.

Yeah but fortunately I can win vs NS squad when there is not an acolyte around and a Talia instead, it's just that annoying Acolyte + zombie combo

Empire team is my next priority after phoenix 7*, my Vader is 72/80 from unlock and Palpatine event is coming soon. They will be a perfect addition to my collection :smile:

You’re on a younger shard. If there’s lots of players in your shard using Nightsisters, swap it up and farm Phoenix on the sly while you focus your farm on an Empire squad for a bit (4*or 5* them). Lots of arenas are rotating between teams now due to the diversity in competitive arena teams.

I'm gonna have to disagree. He has his squad at 5* so his best bet is to pound out the last two stars first so he will be ready for EP who should be popping up soon. Succeeding on a fresh shard all comes down to following a path and sticking to it, especially in a situation like this where taking time off from farming out the rest of phoenix, even a small amount of time, could cost him EP which would cost him R2 and on and on.