Guild member who just never shuts up

SnokeonaUnicorn
86 posts Member
edited January 2018
As an officer in a guild you sometimes have to play daddy to the bickering and little fights that can break out with the other members. However, we have a member that just constantly spams our gamechat with nonsensical rants, whining and it's really annoying. Starting to get private messages now from other members complaining about this. We have a feeling he may have been booted from other guilds for the exact same thing. He does not seem to possess the power to just shut up.
Other than that he participates, makes his daily 600 tickets and obeys all our guild rules. Should we send him a final warning or just boot him?
Anyone else ever have to deal with this kind of thing?

Replies

• Warn him: if you continue to spam the chat, we will send you away...
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Just kick him. Childish antisocial behaviour. Playing together in a nice and respectful way should be natural for every single member. This will only cause bad mood for everyone else. He has been warned more than once, I guess.
  • If he participates fully, warn him
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    am i in your guild?
    =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Do u guys have alternate communication media? like discord, whatever? If yes, just ignore him in game chat n communicate via alternate media. As long as he doing his job well thats good (600 ticket, TB, TW, etc).

There will be turning poin when he become bored bcause no one respond and eventually will leave guild looking for place that suits him.

Yes i had similar problem, we've been together in guild for long time, so we know each other. Sometimes people quit the game, and we need replacement, and the replacement not always person that we would like to have. Always same drill.. if we feel uncomfortable, we just reply with minimal respond. Eventually they'll leave. We don't have alternate communication media.

That's my experience lol
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    I've had a couple members like that in my guild. For the most part people didn't mind but then when the wrong thing is said at the wrong time it can boil over.
  • At least warn him. I think everyone at least deserves that. In the end, you have to like the people you play the game and chat with so it might be best if he parted ways. Otherwise, what’s the point of it all?
  • Shenanigans052
    1681 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    leef wrote: »
    am i in your guild?
    =D

I was figuring it was nic :lol:@leef
  • Too late, one of the other officers booted him. He just started another rant so we decided enough is enough.