What To Farm First?

Hi, new player. Only level 20. I've watched the farming videos and been reading how to start, lookimg for a little clarity on the general approach.

Sounds like i need to farm phoenix and lando.... Is there a better order? Gettimg 50 shards for hera and sabine sure sounds faster than 80 for lando... Should i really be farming away right, now, or should i be chasing something else?

Replies

• catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Start with unlocking the Phoenix characters you have access to. Hera and Ezra in the Cantina, Chopper in the Cantina store, and Sabine through hard modes. You'll have access to Kanan once you unlock the arena, and Zeb once you unlock Galactic Wars. Of all six Phoenix characters Sabine is the hardest to farm, and you may consider dropping her from your immediate priorities once you have access to the rest of the squad (most people run Nix with either Chopper or Sabine), but you will eventually need her for her ship.

Once you've unlocked your Phoenix characters its time to turn your attention to Scoundrels. You will need five for credit heists, and I'd recommend choosing characters you will eventually need for other events, as well. You'll need Stormtrooper Han for CLS, bounty hunters for TB, the vets (which aren't relevant as they're a late Cantina farm) for JTR, and you may want Lando for mid/later game arena.

You won't need to star up your scoundrels immediately, so once you've picked out and unlocked your scoundrels it's time to work on your Nix team. Get them to 7*, then I'd recommend moving on to building another team for unlocking your favorite legendary/journey characters (Nix get you Thrawn and Palpatine). You'll need Jedi for Yoda, Empire for R2-D2, First Order for BB-8, and specific characters at 7* for CLS and JTR. CLS is: Farmboy Luke, Princess Leia, ST Han, Old Ben, and R2. JTR is: Scavenger Rey, Finn, BB-8, veteran smugglers Han and Chewie.

edit: typos
  • ^ This.
  • Appreciate it.

One follow-up.... Is it worth the crystal spend to refresh the level once I max it out, or do the player shards repeat as i move up?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    abc127 wrote: »
    Appreciate it.

One follow-up.... Is it worth the crystal spend to refresh the level once I max it out, or do the player shards repeat as i move up?

Refresh what level? Crystals should be spent refreshing energy.
  • abc127
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Liath wrote: »
    Appreciate it.

I *think that answers the question, or at least the first part.

Sabine is on Dark Side 1A. I got a message saying something like, "you've run out of attempts and can refresh 5 more attempts for 50 cryatals.". Have a similar message for Rey.

1) I won't push yes on that message.
    2) So if I'm farming, i assume i should keep hitting the same level... Are these the only levels, or do they (Sabine/Rey) show up again, for example on level 3 or 4 or whatever?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Appreciate it.

I *think that answers the question, or at least the first part.

Sabine is on Dark Side 1A. I got a message saying something like, "you've run out of attempts and can refresh 5 more attempts for 50 cryatals.". Have a similar message for Rey.

1) I won't push yes on that message.
    2) So if I'm farming, i assume i should keep hitting the same level... Are these the only levels, or do they (Sabine/Rey) show up again, for example on level 3 or 4 or whatever?

Hard node attempts are a terrible way to farm. If a character is hard node only don't plan on using them for a while.

The 5 attempts on a hard node is per day. I wouldn't refresh them because it gets expensive.

Rey has 3 hard nodes and is in the guild store so is an easier farm than Sabine.