Veteran Smugglers - Possible JT Rey Counter?

As we all know, JT Rey teams take a lot of turns. The TM gain in that team is quite insane. But, Veteran Chewie gains 12% offense every time an enemy takes a turn. This can stack up quite a bit. Is it possible that he was planned in part to counter JT Rey?
I know most people dismissed the Vets because they lack synergy and their kits seem underwhelming at 1st, but I think they're better than they get credit for... And synergy isn't always the best option - just look at the Titans team.

Replies

• Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Goodgil wrote: »
    As we all know, JT Rey teams take a lot of turns. The TM gain in that team is quite insane. But, Veteran Chewie gains 12% offense every time an enemy takes a turn. This can stack up quite a bit. Is it possible that he was planned in part to counter JT Rey?
    I know most people dismissed the Vets because they lack synergy and their kits seem underwhelming at 1st, but I think they're better than they get credit for... And synergy isn't always the best option - just look at the Titans team.

I think vets under rex will work well, add wampa and it will be a solid team
  • My ewoks have plenty more turns than them!

Get on the ewok train.
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    My ewoks have plenty more turns than them!

Get on the ewok train.

I wish I could, but I need too many things from the places where you farm them...
  • I use modified titans to beat JTR team. Just replace cls with rex. I should try something, for example like u said, with vet duo. But my resosurce is limited.. so i use the cheap and efficient way :lol:
  • Goodgil wrote: »

I think vets under rex will work well, add wampa and it will be a solid team

Put kenobi as the fifth and this could have something going for it.

Another thought I had would be to use a Zarris lead with the vets. Give them some extra max health and nice heal and maybe they’ll have a bit of surviveability to make it through the many JTR turns
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    i had the same thought about the vets, the problem is, chewie's turn will come and the only toon you might have the option to hit has foresight since RJT teams have a lot of foresight.... then your big hit is just wasted, no?

i don't my vets geared up, but seems like way too much of a bet when i already theorize that there's a huge hole in this theory (foresight)