Anyone else notice JTR squads received some kind of boost?

Prev134
I already know what many will say about the squad I run but I am a part of my shard group and had no issues climbing to 5 for a payout until exactly 3 days ago I can no longer beat the same full G12 JTR squads I could beat before. I highly doubt about a dozen squads upgraded mods or zetas in the same night. Have the devs implemented any AI or RNG changes that I am unaware of?

https://swgoh.gg/u/lastbucsfan/

Replies

• That dip was not me being lazy... its the date I question something having been changed. Now I am burning battles just to barely stay on the leaderboards. Before I could get away with almost never refreshing except to help other shardmates. Several in my shard group running the previous CLS meta are also reporting increased difficulty with JTR squads starting on the same day.
  • Don’t know how you ever beat a Rey team with Sith. No there was no buff.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Here is the notes of the update that went live on 25 January

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/155669/content-update-1-25-2018#latest

It mentions no ai changes but the timing is suspicious.

It's worth noting that you have scope to improve your team with the mods you have.

The square mod you have on Kenobi beats any of the square mods you have your team. Also protection circles are usually better than health circles and most of your arena team are using the health circles.
  • LastBucsfan
    228 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I was waiting for that... thats why I said "I know what you're going to say" ... but it WAS easy actually. Sith are vastly underestimated. With JTR squads I simply electrocute BB8 with SA (usually one shots him or Zavage can clean up) and annihilate Rey. It was actually way easier than beating the old meta. Most people aren't aware of how strong SA is because she was late to the show. She can one shot CLS with electrocute also.
  • The problem with the crit square is I don't have any other crit mods to go with it yet. I need one more star on Jawa.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Wasn't there an end to TW around that time?

Closing g11 (going Gold), is not the same as G12 with gear filled in. Closing G11, helps, but a lot of what makes g12 an upgrade was the particularly large boost to stats granted by that gear.

I don't think there was any buff, and no one in my shard has reported any difficulty change.

Maybe just a run of bad RNG? Also, I always find arena more difficult over the weekend with the arena battle guild activity, everyone is burning those 50s.
  • LastBucsfan
    228 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Here's an old video I took back when my guild couldn't believe I could one shot CLS (pre JTR)... there are no more Rex leads in my shard now. This was with only 3 buffs on her too. I can stack up to 6 and do up to 32k damage and ignore protection.

https://youtu.be/yo1qP8ka-sw
  • LastBucsfan
    228 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Kyno I have at least 4 or 5 people reporting this in my shard over the last 3 days now as well. All starting at the same exact time with about a dozen JTR squads that were easily winnable for us until now. Its also Monday now and JTR is still amazingly more difficult than before. I'm aware weekends have higher activity but in the shard group it didn't impact us as much.
  • Even some of our guys running JTR say the squads seem to behave different.
  • Maybe they tweaked the AI on them... which would be a good thing, the AI on that squad is particularly bad.

The fact that they were so easily beatable when they were on defense was kind of a problem.

But I run JTR, and I fell farther on Saturday than I have since I switched to JTR, so I have certainly not experience any boost to the team on offense or defense.
  • Idk JTR squad is unpredictable. One day they are very easy can beat under 1 min time. The next day they very difficult. It's like i can't predict their movement anymore. The team i face don't change a thing :neutral:
  • I thought maybe AI, but I don't know why that is preventing me from getting to BB8 and Rey with my squad which was never a problem before.
  • RacerDejak this is 3 days in a row now. Its a consistent change, I've been testing running a lot of extra battles because I wanted to make sure its not just something you can chalk up to a bad RNG day.
  • RacerDejak this is 3 days in a row now. Its a consistent change, I've been testing running a lot of extra battles because I wanted to make sure its not just something you can chalk up to a bad RNG day.

I use titans, but when face JTR i switch to rex lead. It's easy win. Yesterday JTR team fried my rex-tans team third time in a row. But today, it was easy. Seems there is something change, but it's have inconsistent outcome hmm

I don't feel it's bad RNG day.. morelike there is something change, but it doesn't work well hmm
  • LastBucsfan
    228 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Exactly! That's similar to what I am experiencing RacerDejak... I occasionally get a win against JTR still but it is so few and far between and I barely win when I do. These were guaranteed win teams for me before.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    But I run JTR, and I fell farther on Saturday than I have since I switched to JTR, so I have certainly not experience any boost to the team on offense or defense.

Agreed, I usually go to sleep and wake up somewhere under 20, on saturday I went to sleep at 3 woke up at 49... that was annoying
  • There was a TM bug that seemed to favor offense I've seen some chatter about... Maybe that ninja-fixed it?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • There was a TM bug that seemed to favor offense I've seen some chatter about... Maybe that ninja-fixed it?

I did notice that the Rey gaining tm when the enemy gained secret intel didn't seem to be happening anymore, but it isn't in the patch notes. I don't see how that would make her harder to beat by someone running Sith though. Would make offense easier for JTR, and defense tougher against JTR.

Maybe that is it. It could explain my big fall on Saturday (but I was thinking it was just eastern hemisphere timezones doing their pvp activity).

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    24k dmg to OHKO CLS.. that was a weak CLS
  • Ender22 wrote: »

Well, Sith Assassin's Electrocute ignores protection. So that's all health.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »

Most peoples G12 CLS have like 28k-30k health
  • Plus that electrocute was months ago. I've ramped up since then along with the CLSs... She can hit 28-32k now. I've one shot all kinds of toons including BB8. I wish I took video against the JTR squads when I was smoking them but at that point I feel I proved my point to the guildmates questioning my squad makeup so I never bothered.
  • ...and like AnnerDoon said ignore protection is pretty clutch. 28k health is about the max CLS gets so she can basically always one shot.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »

Well, Sith Assassin's Electrocute ignores protection. So that's all health.

Forgot about that. But still, mine is at 28k. But ****, upgraded dmg to 28k.. that’s amazing. Glad I plan on working on her soon
  • I've one shot hit a DN for 32k before.
  • My payout group has been doing extensive testing the past several days to put Holdo through her paces, and we haven't noticed any behavior out of the usual.

That isn't to say there aren't issues, but they're the same issues.
  • Also, after perusing your squad and mod situation... I don't even know how you've hung on as long as you have. If you say you're facing JTR and CLS squads, you're clearly outclassed in terms of GP. Since you're running health mod sets, you're probably outclassed there as well. This isn't an insult, I'm actually impressed.

However, even a few speed on your opponent's squads can drastically change how a match will go for you. The people investing in the game will pull away from you sooner or later. Sooner seems to be the case.
  • I've been running Maul since he was meta and never once not had a Top 20 team. Like I said you vastly underestimate what a sith team can do. SA is one of the best toons in the game if you understand her TM manipulation and electrocute. No one is just now "catching up to me"... I've always been running with whatever the top meta is until something changed a few days ago. Other CLS squads in my shard also report clear differences against JTR squads. I'm hoping some of them show up soon.
  • If you're just starting to drop out of the top 50 then it probably is people catching up. I have no doubts you could figure out how to climb with that team. Defense is a different story. CLS, NS, and RJT teams have no issues against your lineup. Folks on my shard use similar comps against NS on offense and if they leave that lineup in for defense they drop like rocks (from top 5 to out of the top 50 in a couple of hours). They also have much better mods.

And if your shardmates are catching up it would make sense that the teams would be getting harder.
  • Ferret2112
    195 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    CLS came out, along with his buddy R2, and the Zaul meta ended. Not because it wasn't a viable or useful team, but because other teams were more obtainable, or easier to mod, or any other reason.

Zaul teams are still a challenge for most lineups that don't include CLS, R2, RJT.....They make excellent defenders in TW, are needed for TB platoons, and can excel in later TB missions where other dark side teams can't.

Arena is the one place that they don't shine but not because they can't win on offense. It is because everyone knows how to easily beat them and the current top "meta" teams are designed perfectly to do so. Therefore, you fall further each day then those who run those "meta" teams making it more difficult to climb each day. You net less crystals, either because of lower PO rank or because you have to spend for extra attacks, causing the ROI for arena efforts to decrease forcing you to face the dilemma of "Can't beat em, join em" or accepting that you will put yourself on a slower path to growth.

All about how you want to interact with the game. If insistent on NOT chasing the meta, you have to understand that you are putting yourself at a strategic disadvantage to those that do. You can be just as successful but the effort required to achieve it will most likely be greater and generally be at a decreased value than other players