Anyone run the falcon in ship arena?

Prev1
I just got it to 5* seems a decent jump in power from 4* but haven’t seen it other than a very soft 4* version. Worth persevering with other than for platoons?

Replies

• Tyrael1701
    87 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Damodamo wrote: »
    I just got it to 5* seems a decent jump in power from 4* but haven’t seen it other than a very soft 4* version. Worth persevering with other than for platoons?

Way too squishy. Even when it does thrust reversal, it still dies really, really fast. Especially to a FO Tie. I tried it as a reinforcement and main line, pretty much died in 1 hit every time (85, 7*, G12 rey, g11 finn). 72k health, 19k protection, which is less than my FO Tie.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to strategy section.

I want to like it more, it's a good ship, but just doesn't have a place in the main lineup. As with many ships coming into battle with crit damage up (from thrawn) it can deal some good damage.
  • have you just estimated when you will reach the 7 stars for this ship on only 1 hard Node ?
    Just count and decide afterward :p You still need 185 shards it should be around 5 months
  • I’m not stressed about the grind, and I place top 3/4 in ships everyday with my current line up, I’ve been grinding it for platoons, it just jumped up in power rating so thought I’d ask, the 4* I’ve seen and squished kind of put me off. But if and this is the theory, I get a target lock off first (most of the time) then it’s behind a Biggs wall so will get the buffs so will hit two or three on all of the bad guys?
    Or am I thinking this wrong somewhere?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2018
    In theory yes. But unless you defeat someone or damage them enough to get them down to yellow. Thrawn will use his aoe, before your next turn so you will be down one.

I bring it out of reinforcements when I still have Biggs alive, then get 3 attacks and crit damage up, almost always.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    I’m not stressed about the grind, and I place top 3/4 in ships everyday with my current line up, I’ve been grinding it for platoons, it just jumped up in power rating so thought I’d ask, the 4* I’ve seen and squished kind of put me off. But if and this is the theory, I get a target lock off first (most of the time) then it’s behind a Biggs wall so will get the buffs so will hit two or three on all of the bad guys?

Maybe depends how new or old your shard is. Mine is all G12 Thrawn, biggs, fo tie, tie, reaper, vader. I've finally placed 1st 2 times this week, but their FO Tie will go before mine most of the time. Maybe 1 in 6 matches, defense FO Tie will one shot my FO Tie. When I ran falcon, enemy ai really focused it down fast, so I gave up on it.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    Thrawn will use his aoe

I don't have the Ghost or Phantom unlocked but now I really need to get on that!
    Post edited by Kyno on
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • There are literallly only two thrawn teams on my shard that I have trouble with, prob not something I’m going to try as it’s not broken etc. Maybe worthwhile for guild v guild as a defense fleet.

Just curious :)
  • It's not good to keep in your arena lineup because of it's poor defensive properties, but it has it's uses.
    ClupX8I.gif
  • I have Falcon at 6*, Finn and Rey and G12. I think I noticed a difference when I went from 5* to 6* in regards to survivability...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Thrawn will use his ape

ZZ132BA392.jpg?fit=375%2C250
  • Ferret2112
    195 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I've got it close to 6*. Finn and Rey aren't maxed g10/g9 range. It rarely, if ever, gets to do anything of real value in the match. There are many other options that provide a MUCH greater benefit as a reinforcement and if on your starting lineup, will be gone before you ever get to activate it. Sometimes you win the coin flip and your FOTP goes first and gets the tl. Even then, it gets one attack.

That being said.....it can be handy in TW for your 3rd or 4th fleet. Or useful in LS TB.
  • I lost time ago against a mace fleet cuz falcon xD 2 times! Then i realiced i had to kill falcon first, just 2 hits... But if u leave falcon alone it can be dangerous xD
    Seems not so good on def cuz its really squisi... But its a ship above the average, just few people with it starred enough so u can rarely see it in the fleet arena... But once ppl start getting it to 7* i think we will se it more often!
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I run it in my fleet at 4* and can take 1-3 every day and hold in top 20 overnight.

I run something similar to the GIF posted above, but to make up for punching lower than a maxed out ship I put Scimitar in there.

Chimaera:
    Biggs, TFP, Scimitar, Kylo shuttle, Falcon

You want a target lock first up with TFP so Biggs can be the punching bag.
    Thrawn to buff with offense up.
    Maul to pop stealth taunt on Biggs or TFP if Biggs is dead already.
    Falcon to do thrust reversal.
    Kylo to give Falcon advantage and 100%.
    BOOM. Match over in 2 turns. What Falcon doesn't kill the norma Thrawn AoE finishes off normally.

Even if RNG is against me I and I can't execute the strategy above I can still win because of my maxed Thrawn kill-all and my reserves (Boba, Fives, FOTP).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Thrawn will use his ape

ZZ132BA392.jpg?fit=375%2C250

Haha
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    ^I made a similar joke but it wasn't obvious like that one and someone (not saying who ;)) changed the meaning.

That one was better anyway though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Tyrael1701 wrote: »
    Damodamo wrote: »
    I’m not stressed about the grind, and I place top 3/4 in ships everyday with my current line up, I’ve been grinding it for platoons, it just jumped up in power rating so thought I’d ask, the 4* I’ve seen and squished kind of put me off. But if and this is the theory, I get a target lock off first (most of the time) then it’s behind a Biggs wall so will get the buffs so will hit two or three on all of the bad guys?

Maybe depends how new or old your shard is. Mine is all G12 Thrawn, biggs, fo tie, tie, reaper, vader. I've finally placed 1st 2 times this week, but their FO Tie will go before mine most of the time. Maybe 1 in 6 matches, defense FO Tie will one shot my FO Tie. When I ran falcon, enemy ai really focused it down fast, so I gave up on it.

This is very odd. How is the enemy FO tie one shotting your FO tie? I run FO tie and I can't one shot my opponent's FO tie...not even close.
  • @Lekrom1982 i find fleets with scimitar in the first lineup sooo easy, just kill scimitar in 2 hits and then the rest xD
    Try to put scimitar as first reinforcement and FOTP in ur first lineup instead of him just in ur last battle and i think u will fall much less spots overnight!
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I bring it out of reinforcements when I still have Biggs alive, then get 3 attacks and crit damage up, almost always.

Yep, likewise. I protect it, and it always drops at least once ship or it damages one ship huge and spreads the love so everyone else feels it. While I rarely get more than two turns with it because the ai targets it relentlessly, it still does enough for me to keep it in my reinforcements. Sometimes, the ai targets it and allows my vader to survive a little longer and on those days, I am very happy with it.

• @Sarcodino in my normal lineup I don't start with Scimitar

I normally run Biggs, TFP, FOTP, Boba, Vader to start, and reinforce with Scimitar first, then Fives, then Wedge.

But this setup with Falcon is lots of fun, and you need Scimitar for the extra offense under stealth. If my TFP goes first I can usually guarantee a TL and then Scimitar is safe until he is needed.
  • Ooo ok xD ye its safe to run scimitar from first while in offense, u dont usually lose it before gets biggs taunt from TL, just was saying while in defense xD

Ur combo seems so funny xD i run ur same fleet with cass as 4th reinforcement and also left fives a week ago for bistan, this TM/advantage to random ship when u trigget a TL is amazing (and my fives is low gear xD)
  • I don't own it and never run it.

But it's a pleasure to see it in a line-up I'm about to fight. Easy meat.
  • Blizzisme
    241 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I have it and I will say this, it is a little squishy but in the right team it is a BEAST.

It hits like a truck, and with ackbar lead in mid game you can swing up to 7x with it.

I run it with ackbar ghost and JC, and my turns against even players usually go thrust reversal, JC called assist on falcon, ghost called assist on falcon, ackbar aoe (calling falcon most of the time). By this point one or two ships are already dead. Then my falcon swings four times (3x single plus 1x aoe). Then he reinforces and my. 5 ships work on killing his last 2.

Most of the time I play against people 50k-70k higher than me(because I have no resources to lvl my pilots till May), and there it's a bit tighter, but I am always in the top 40 with that team.
  • Agree with the ones above. Squishy. Yes. But if you can combo Chiamera, Biggs, and Falcon - that really can’t clear an entire team in one run with maybe Fives to finish off.
  • Falcon is a beast. So beasty that it has to be killed first. Combined with some tanks like biggs or plo koon's taunt it can grant you the victory
  • Under chimaera lead it can easily wipe all six ships at once. You should also try as it is one of the most satisfying moments in this game. As mentioned above just hide him behind biggs by using TFP or FOTFP since they are the fastest options.
  • It's satisfying when use falcon in offence, with right combination u can cripple enemy fast. But when u fight with another falcon, u start to wondering "will my squad battle like this too? it's so lame". The AI don't run him well :grimace:
  • Under chimaera lead it can easily wipe all six ships at once.

Yours must be amazing because there's only 5 damagable ships in play at any given time
  • Under chimaera lead it can easily wipe all six ships at once.

Yours must be amazing because there's only 5 damagable ships in play at any given time

Haha got me. Never good at maths but mine can kick opponents chimaera too. Cant yours do that?
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    It's satisfying when use falcon in offence, with right combination u can cripple enemy fast. But when u fight with another falcon, u start to wondering "will my squad battle like this too? it's so lame". The AI don't run him well :grimace:

Absolutely... It's painful to watch.

Although most of the ones I run into have **** for health compared to mine.