How is rancor place made if we are many to solo it?

So yeah we have tried...

Me and another officer from my guild,we have tried to make it work,it doesn't.

He is always top 3 and i'm always top 7-10 depending if somebody missed the timer.

We tried,taking 1 single character,entering at exiting at different times,him taking 5 characters,me taking only one or three,entering sooner than everybody,exiting sooner than everybody(first),taking the same characters,undergeared characters,overgeared characters.
We did these tests for 1 month to no avail...

Still nothing.

Initially we thought that it was alphabetically,my name starts with an A ,his with an N,that was soon proven wrong.

Our guild leader speculated that there might be an PW/GP discrepancy between us.

There might be something to that as he is 1.56 mil,and i'm 1.46 mil,but it's untested.

WHAT ACTUALLY CHANGES THE LEADERBOARD,it's becoming pretty frustrating now,alteast make it random,he doesn't want to be first but he wants to play rancor and now he just said he's going to quit doing rancor ...

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's random. We have no effect on it.

When you register damage for the first time you are given a number between 1 and 50.

Then it sorts by score first then your numerical value.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    If you want to change it just let the person you want to place higher do more than zero damage in registration.
  • I dont think so.

I'm always top 7-10 for 1 month and my friend is always top 3.
  • newbornFL wrote: »
    I dont think so.

I'm always top 7-10 for 1 month and my friend is always top 3.

Yea we have similar situation. Having that problem for around 1 year is clearly not random stuff.

U roll the dice 100 times, all the throw show number 1. It's not random anymore, it's rigged.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    If you have some solid data showing what you describe, you should report it as a bug. Otherwise I suggest that you start collecting data from future raids (note how many did a solo, and what rank you and your guild officer reached). My guess is, that you will see, that there's no pattern — only randomness. However, if it's not then report it and supply your data.
  • Pray to RNGESUS.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    You said that this has been an ongoing issue for a year. I don't remember how long ago this was an internal mechanic of the game, but a long time ago there was a tie-breaking system that ordered equal scores in terms of your Player ID. This was different than your Ally Code number.

If all 50 members posted 0-damage, you would be put in the same order every time based on your Player ID. Say, ten people solo the raid, those ten people would have the top ten spots, but ordered the same respectively to each other from the initial 0-damage posting. At that time, it was not determined by RNG.

After they changed it, currently, all postings are given a random number from 1-50, as Kyno stated. So you would show up randomly in the 0-damage posting. Once those ten people solo the raid, you would all hold the same respective order to each other that you held in the 0-damage order, just in the top ten spots.

Example:
    0-damage

0 - john
    0 - jake
    0 - josh
    0 - jacob
    0 - juan
    0 - jessica
    0 - jasmine
    0 - jennifer

after solos
    solo - jake