On Defense

So basically I use the standard Titans Team in arena thinking I will not drop so far out on defense but that’s exactly what’s happening. If I’m lucky I will drop to early 100s but I’ve been dropping to below 200 a lot recently. And I don’t know why. Is there a target on my team? Or am I doing something wrong with them?

https://swgoh.gg/u/eenergwnok/

Replies

• Ur team look very good. Imo there is trend change in ur arena shard. Have u seen many JTR and NS team? titans team is target for that two team bcause for easy win on offence. At g10-11 they can beat g12 titans.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Titans team is now too common now. NS toys with them, Jedi Rey autos them, GK Zarriss beats them without sweat, Thrawn Empire teams with Shore & Storm crush them too. Even Ewoks can. It's basically beatable by any endgame near-meta teams on defense
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Ur team look very good. Imo there is trend change in ur arena shard. Have u seen many JTR and NS team? titans team is target for that two team bcause for easy win on offence. At g10-11 they can beat g12 titans.

@RacerDejak there are a few in 50-100 but the bulk of it are in the TOP 50. There are barely any from 100-200, mostly gk/zbarriss teams. What do you suggest I do in this case?
  • Titans team is now too common now. NS toys with them, Jedi Rey autos them, GK Zarriss beats them without sweat, Thrawn Empire teams with Shore & Storm crush them too. Even Ewoks can. It's basically beatable by any endgame near-meta teams on defense

@Anakin_Skywalker what team do you suggest I put out on defense then?
  • EenerGwnok wrote: »
    Titans team is now too common now. NS toys with them, Jedi Rey autos them, GK Zarriss beats them without sweat, Thrawn Empire teams with Shore & Storm crush them too. Even Ewoks can. It's basically beatable by any endgame near-meta teams on defense

I would try out GK, ZBarriss, R2, Thrawn, Nihilus.
    Unless there are too many Jedi Reys. Still will be beatable but imo that squad is better than titans on D

Unless there are too many Jedi Reys. Still will be beatable but imo that squad is better than titans on D

@Anakin_Skywalker no raid han or CLS?
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    EenerGwnok wrote: »

Yes I can't tell for sure because I do not know what your shard looks like but that squad would do a bit better on D generally.

Best team on D out there is Talzin lead NS tbh.
    Talzin, Asajj, low gear Zombie, GK, Daka.
    Jedi Rey struggles, Titan struggles. You could take that team into consideration as well.

Ahh comment removed again.
    Yes generally that Zarriss team is better on D than Titans and it is better without Han or CLS, generally.

Best team out there is Talzin lead NS.
    Talzin, Asajj, Daka Zombie, GK
    Need 4 Zetas. 2 on Talzin, 1 each on uniques of Daka and Asajj.
    Jedi Rey struggles, Titan struggles.

Yes generally that Zarriss team is better on D than Titans and it is better without Han or CLS, generally.

@Anakin_Skywalker will take another few months before that team is ready haha

That is right. But sadly that team is the meta right now. A premium meta lol

To modify my suggestion a little bit, Talzin lead using Acolyte seems better against CLS teams because CLS teams can't do anything against Acolyte but burn her, but even after she is dead she will be revived thanks to Talzin lead, go straight into stealth.
    Assaj lead seems better against NS/Jedi Rey due to speed.
    But both leads are basically super good.
    Using GK instead of Acolyte is because of Jedi Rey teams (and imperial troopers). R2 can expose in that team, so Acolyte is easy to kill.

To modify my suggestion a little bit, Talzin lead using Acolyte seems better against CLS teams because CLS teams can't do anything against Acolyte but burn her, but even after she is dead she will be revived thanks to Talzin lead, go straight into stealth.
    Using GK instead of Acolyte is because of Jedi Rey teams. R2 can expose in that team, so Acolyte is easy to kill.

@Anakin_Skywalker so basically until I get that team or whatever future meta team it’s gonna be, I should use gk zbarriss thrawn r2 Nihilus to Ensure I don’t fall too far out?

Using GK instead of Acolyte is because of Jedi Rey teams. R2 can expose in that team, so Acolyte is easy to kill.

@Anakin_Skywalker so basically until I get that team or whatever future meta team it’s gonna be, I should use gk zbarriss thrawn r2 Nihilus to Ensure I don’t fall too far out?

Sure. You could use CLS instead of R2, try both and choose the better one. But GK lead, Zarriss
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    ive had the same issue, my titans dont hold anymore, so what i do is use titans or NS to climb, then switch to GK, zarriss, r2, cls, DN to hold, they hold better than the other teams, even against JTR and other titans teams...
  • Osik wrote: »
    ive had the same issue, my titans dont hold anymore, so what i do is use titans or NS to climb, then switch to GK, zarriss, r2, cls, DN to hold, they hold better than the other teams, even against JTR and other titans teams...
    Interesting, @Osik
    But wouldn't your NS hold even better on defense?
  • Faster R2 will help, as will the Learn Control zeta, which makes CLS a major pain.
  • skywhopper wrote: »
    Faster R2 will help, as will the Learn Control zeta, which makes CLS a major pain.

@skywhopper yup next zeta will go to CLS. As for the speed, I’m currently farming the vets so it might take a while to get mods with better speed secs as to what my r2 already has.
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Ur team look very good. Imo there is trend change in ur arena shard. Have u seen many JTR and NS team? titans team is target for that two team bcause for easy win on offence. At g10-11 they can beat g12 titans.

@RacerDejak there are a few in 50-100 but the bulk of it are in the TOP 50. There are barely any from 100-200, mostly gk/zbarriss teams. What do you suggest I do in this case?

@EenerGwnok sure solution imo is chase the meta.. either u build NS or JTR team. But since we all know we have strict limitation on resources, the time we finish build them, the meta change.

As others said, alternate efficient way is build GK/zbarriss comp.. they have staying power higher that titans. Meanwhile u hoard ur resources prepare for the next meta.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Judging by OP's swgoh.gg profile, when he uses GK+zbarris he dropped the quickest to well below 200. Maybe that team isnt a good idea in his shard.

Two things to keep in mind OP, the change in meta in your arena and spacing out your 5 battles. I noticed half my shard shifts around 12pm every day and that's the only time I drop. Keep in mind, half your arena are people on the other side of the world, meaning save some of your attempts to after their pay out.
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Osik wrote: »
    Interesting, @Osik

I dont have a zeta on mt yet, maybe when i get that they will hold better....
  • I'm dropping from 1st to around 20th overnight on a launch shard, running ewoks.

https://swgoh.gg/u/shaunyveeggpoopoo/

I'm part of the shard chat, but don't really interact with them - we just avoid each other near payout times so maybe that's why I'm not dropping so much.

With CLS/r2/gk/old ben/raid Han I was dropping to 50 or worse.

*Unsure why it has me listed as 4th for today, got my 500 crystals*

• Osik wrote: »
    Osik wrote: »
    Interesting, @Osik

I dont have a zeta on mt yet, maybe when i get that they will hold better....

They need 4 zetas to work better in defence. The team is so zeta hungry :cry:
  • Mosus12
    124 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    But it's really funny to play with them and you drop max. 20 places in 24h (with 3 zetas), so it's worth it
    I'm in an 2016 shard, so it's also not that easy
  • How about CLS R2 Han & Chaze team if you wanna keep CLS and Han? That could work against NS better on D. Also mass dispel from Baze could come in handy when you go up against RJT squads
  • Mosus12 wrote: »
    But it's really funny to play with them and you drop max. 20 places in 24h (with 3 zetas), so it's worth it

Unfortunately my focus is somewhere else.. it's the imperial trooper. I like them so bada55 shooting throw grenade bom boom boom :lol:

By the time i finish my trooper, start NS then finish them, i think NS meta already gone :disappointed:
  • NS are fast farmable except the acolyte shards maybe. The gear is not the typical and various, so the time is okay. And i'm unsure that the NS won't be meta in shorter time. So it should work.

But funny thing, i go the other way around and build my troopers now :smiley:
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Mosus12 wrote: »

Unfortunately my focus is somewhere else.. it's the imperial trooper. I like them so bada55 shooting throw grenade bom boom boom :lol:

By the time i finish my trooper, start NS then finish them, i think NS meta already gone :disappointed:

Yeah NS has some clear weaknesses. AOE, Heal, Tenacity up. No doubt it will be out of favor in the meanwhile as some new chars are released
  • Yeah NS has some clear weaknesses. AOE, Heal, Tenacity up. No doubt it will be out of favor in the meanwhile as some new chars are released

Tenacity up is no problem for the sisters, heal depends. AoE is the only safe weakness and can countered easily with GK or Zarriss
    Yeah NS has some clear weaknesses. AOE, Heal, Tenacity up. No doubt it will be out of favor in the meanwhile as some new chars are released

Tenacity up is no problem for the sisters, heal depends. AoE is the only safe weakness and can countered easily with GK or Zarriss

Yeah because of Asajj's buff removal. But it's effective when it's timed right

Yeah because of Asajj's buff removal. But it's effective when it's timed right

Okay that's true of course. If you use tenacity up directly after her dispell it should work. If Daka or MT with the assists of her 2nd special didn't stun your buffer