Death Trooper (Daze?) Doesn't Work on Baze?

I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything here before I make a bug report on this...I have been able to reproduce both situations below, and want to see if others have seen this, have an explanation, or can reproduce this.

Baze Malbus with Chirrut, under CLS lead. No Foresight or anything, with or without retribution on Baze (irrelevant)...two scenarions:

1. Death Trooper attacks Baze, putting Daze on him with the FIRST attack, then attacks again where Baze resists the Stun. Baze counter attacks once.

2. Death Trooper attacks Baze. Baze RESISTS Daze on the first attack. Second attack lands Daze. Baze counter attacks once.

In the second situation, I assume he counters because the first attack did not land Daze, though it looks wonky to have Baze counter with Daze on him. In the first situation, I have no idea why Baze would counter...?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I know they changed zaul to apply daze before attack, but I'm not sure if DT has the same order of operations.

I would guess that he applies daze after the attack, so the attack is countered.

That doesn't fully explain the second attack not causing a counter, but there is a chance the order of operations is different on the second attack, as it is looking for the debuff to apply the subsequent debuff, but this is just conjecture.

If no one comes up with a good explanation please post this at <<Answers HQ>> to get it attention
  • Options
    I leveled up my Death Trooper specifically to deal with Baze - my arena shard is full of them - and haven't been able to make it work. Haven't been able to puzzle through the mechanics of it.
  • Options
    It works as... 1st Attack > daze resisted so counter > 2nd Attack Daze inflicted so no counter.

Pretty much, with the first attack Baze didn't have daze so hes allowed to counter that but then the second applies daze so he doesnt counter that one.
    Weird mechanics, but a lot of hassle to change probably.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    scenario 2 is WAI as far as i know. Scenario 1 is weird.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Could it be that debuff lands after the attack ?
    Attack > Applying Daze > Second Attack > Resisting or Applying Stun
    Baze can counter once ( if not stunned)
    Attack > Resisting Daze > Second Attack > Applying Daze
    baze can counter because even if Daze is applied second time i think Daze works after the whole attack is done
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    Description as is:
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 70% chance to inflict Daze for 3 turns. If the target was already Dazed, Stun them for 1 turn. If the target is a Rebel, attack again.

Description as it should be:
    Attacks twice, if the target is a Rebel. For every single attack: deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 70% chance to inflict Daze for 3 turns. If the target was already Dazed, Stun them for 1 turn.

I did not really look into this but Daze works pretty ok for me. Used to play DT in Arena for a couple of months.
  • LighTofHeaven
    153 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    JaVCn wrote: »
    Could it be that debuff lands after the attack ?
    Attack > Applying Daze > Second Attack > Resisting or Applying Stun
    Baze can counter once ( if not stunned)
    Attack > Resisting Daze > Second Attack > Applying Daze
    baze can counter because even if Daze is applied second time i think Daze works after the whole attack is done

ur last statement is wrong.
    maul aoe applies daze and it is never countered.

it all depends how the skill is coded. ie whether daze is applied then the dmg lands, or vice versa.
    basically what Kyno said is ur best bet.
    id look at the advanced mechanics code on swgoh and see if i can make sense of it if i were you
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/death-trooper/ability/track-down/

EDIT: not sure how accurate it is, but the last context is the damage, so scenario 1 seems illogical
  • Options
    B2 came to my mind thats why i said the second one because B2 applies the buff immunity first then dispells all buffs
    Maul was changed so now he applies Daze before the attack just like B2 but it looks like this is not the case with Deathtrooper i think it is because he can attack twice and apply two kinds of debuff so he cant apply beforehand that would be absurd
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    regardless of whether DT applies daze before or after the dmg, one scenario isn't WAI.
    1. Death Trooper attacks Baze, putting Daze on him with the FIRST attack, then attacks again where Baze resists the Stun. Baze counter attacks once.
    daze before dmg would'nt make sence in this scenario
    2. Death Trooper attacks Baze. Baze RESISTS Daze on the first attack. Second attack lands Daze. Baze counter attacks once.
    daze before dmg would make sence in this scenario.
    (and vice versa with daze after dmg, but i believe daze before dmg is WAI.)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    If there is a zzr2, baze could be cleansing himself

If the order of operations gives him this benefit vs deathtrooper, that may explain it
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    If there is a zzr2, baze could be cleansing himself

If the order of operations gives him this benefit vs deathtrooper, that may explain it

Yes, in most cases there is a zzR2, but I'm not sure how this would matter given that he can't cleanse until he gets a crit (hence, still countering with Daze on him).
  • Options
    Dt applies daze before the damage. You shouldn't be getting countered. Something else is missing. I've never had a daze land on the first blow and get a counter attack