Wicket Event Refresh Cost Inconsistency

Khosa
23 posts Member
edited January 2018
For 10 extra Wicket shards in Endor Escalation, you spend 900 crystals for another refresh. That’s 90 crystals per shard.
Wicket is now available in shipments for 80 crystals per shard, in bundles of 4 for 320, 8 for 640, and 16 for 1,280.

The event only comes around once a month. Why would anyone do the event refresh if they can get Wicket any time he comes around in shipments for cheaper? Just my thoughts.

Replies

• They are hoping someone gets desperate and really wants to get him faster. Otherwise if people are patient no reason to do the refresh ever.
  • Because they changed it after they realised that the new character release model wasn’t optimal.
  • Hopefully we will see a change in the refresh cost, never even thought about this
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Are you sure that was the refresh cost? It think I remember it being 780. Making it a very slight discount.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Well, to be frank, the refresh is for the event and experiencing the event again.

But, uh... I agree with OP.
  • Ive noticed an escalation in cost since the start. It’s either they want you to think Wicket is needed or he actually is
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    yeah, the price made sense when they were exclusive, but now we will have to see what they do.
  • Also a reminder.. shoretrooper & co still at 80/shard. Meanwhile baze & co already at 50/shard long long time ago.
  • Having never actually completed the wicket event do you get anything other than wicket shards like gear or credits or mods?
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    Having never actually completed the wicket event do you get anything other than wicket shards like gear or credits or mods?

Just wicket shards and credit (120-150k if i remember correctly)
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    Having never actually completed the wicket event do you get anything other than wicket shards like gear or credits or mods?

If you have 7* Wicket, you can do the bonus tier for a zeta mat.
  • Fyi, same thing also with current ghost of danthomir event. Cost of refresh is 900 crystal with chance to get 7-10 spirit/zombie shards (tier 2), which i always get 8 shards.

The shards cost is odd. At 8 shards/playing it's 112,5 crystals/shard. Even if u are very lucky to get 10 shards, it will cost 90 crystals/shards. Compare with 80 crystals/shards in shipment.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Fyi, same thing also with current ghost of danthomir event. Cost of refresh is 900 crystal with chance to get 7-10 spirit/zombie shards (tier 2), which i always get 8 shards.

The shards cost is odd. At 8 shards/playing it's 112,5 crystals/shard. Even if u are very lucky to get 10 shards, it will cost 90 crystals/shards. Compare with 80 crystals/shards in shipment.

The refresh of the spirit/zombie event gets you two more tries, so minimum 14 shards.
  • Wicket refresh is 780 crystals, isn’t it? So 78 crystals per shard. Little bit better deal than buying from shipments.

Same thing for Talzin.

Ghost/Zombie event refresh gets you two attempts so minimum 14 shards or ~64 crystals per shard if you get minimum.